Major_Ton

The UCS Hype. What will 2017 bring? (40th Anniversary)

As much as an updated full-on UCS Tantive IV would be neat, I think an updated version of 10030 (the original Star Destroyer set from 2002) would work better for honoring ANH. An updated UCS Star Destroyer, with an updated miniature Tantive IV for it to capture.

The "existing licenses" update applies only to licenses that have already gotten sets approved via LEGO Ideas (e.g., Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, WALL•E, etc.).

Star Wars hasn't yet had any Ideas sets approved, so it's still officially eligible for Ideas consideration (if it weren't, they would have archived all remaining extant Star Wars projects and stopped accepting new ones, as they have now done with those other licenses).

Good point. It still won't make it on piece count alone though.

^ I'm sure any Lego produced GR-75 or Neb-B be found very wanting compared to your excellent models!! Which reminds to get back to work on the Frigate.

Get brickking! :)

UCS Star Destroyer or Venator would be a welcome. Also would take a MF. Don't care on the price just give me something detailed and bigger then usual.

I don't think the 2015 Slave 1 deserves the UCS label. There are a couple of glaring screwups that make me say that one needs a revised rerelease ASAP. And ideally LEGO should offer a correction kit for people who have the 2015 version.

I'm interested to hear what the glaring screw-ups are? Every review I've read has said it's an excellent model.

I'm interested to hear what the glaring screw-ups are? Every review I've read has said it's an excellent model.

A couple of significant details that were omitted: the secondary pair of laser cannons up near the cockpit, and a slide-out missile rack (functional or dummy doesn't matter, the important thing is having it) below the main guns. Perhaps I was a bit hasty since we have yet to see Boba Fett use them and it's the Slave I in its second paintjob (after Hondo Ohnaka rebuilt it to patch up the problem from the end of Season 2), but still.

Edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman

A couple of significant details that were omitted: the secondary pair of laser cannons up near the cockpit, and a slide-out missile rack (functional or dummy doesn't matter, the important thing is having it) below the main guns. Perhaps I was a bit hasty since we have yet to see Boba Fett use them and it's the Slave I in its second paintjob (after Hondo Ohnaka rebuilt it to patch up the problem from the end of Season 2), but still.

Neither of which are ever seen in the OT, so aren't exactly significant omissions for a representation of it during ESB.

I was thinking more along the lines of how the info sticker has a mis-spelling on it.

What 2017 will bring? The UCS Snowspeeder that was due to come out in 2016 and i guess another more than mediocre play-set or only the Snowspeeder! Ya´ll gotta keep your expectations pretty low after the disaster called 2016 :(

UCS Star Destroyer (classic one from OT) would be just perfect. Or the Super Star Destroyer, but this would be unlikely as that UCS is not old.

Thanks mate :)

UCS Star Destroyer (classic one from OT) would be just perfect. Or the Super Star Destroyer, but this would be unlikely as that UCS is not old.

A new Star Destroyer would be an amazing thing. It's literally all I want. The old one was so flimsy, a new rendition would benefit greatly from new building techniques.

Doing the maths it says we're due for one too. Fingers crossed!

Imagine getting both a good looking Cloud City UCS playset and a kick megablocks UCS ISD in the same year?

And concerning the Slave One the only thing that could have been improved are more prints and the exhaust color is wrong ( blue instrad if orange ). That set is really damn great.

Imagine getting both a good looking Cloud City UCS playset and a kick megablocks UCS ISD in the same year?

And concerning the Slave One the only thing that could have been improved are more prints and the exhaust color is wrong ( blue instrad if orange ). That set is really damn great.

We don't need any ucs playsets in 2017. 2016 gave us 2 ucs playsets.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release any UCS set based on episode 4. But make the May the 4 minifig the 40 year exclusive.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release any UCS set based on episode 4. But make the May the 4 minifig the 40 year exclusive.

I'm not saying TLG aren't capable of a lack of judgement like that, but that would be a pretty big lost opportunity, and a slap in the face for everyone.

I would like UCS sets to be UCS worthy in 2017.

We don't need any ucs playsets in 2017. 2016 gave us 2 ucs playsets.

We will probably be let down again, the new Death Star set ,with it`s 25% price hike from $399 to $499 ,

tells me that what ever they do will involve separating it`s loyal followers from as much money as they can squeeze out of an AFOL...hey you could say (with some truth) that LEGO has gone from being known for it`s "brick separators" to becoming skilled, cynical "cash separators"!!

nuff said

Kenny.

If there was to be two UCS sets coming out next year, I would have thought/liked them to be updated versions of the Super Star Destroyer and the Tantive IV. With the Snowspeeder being pushed back, I'm not sure if they would up the UCS count and release all three or replace whatever set they were intending to bring out.

As long as we get a new ucs ISD, I will be happy. Please TLG, don't disappoint us again. We don't need any more playsets.

Imagine TLG made a set based on the Death Star attack in ANH.

There would be a couple X-Wings, a Y-Wing, Vader's TIE-Advanced and a couple of TIE-Fighters.

Something like the TIE collection set, y'know?

The size of the ships would remain more or less the same, but the designs would be greatly improved.

I know this will not happen, but hey, it could be a special set for a certain anniversary.

We get these two sets:

January: UCS Snowspeeder

May: UCS Millennium Falcon 40th Anniversary edition (10179 rerelease probably updated to TFA).

These are certain,not just rumors

We get these two sets:

January: UCS Snowspeeder

May: UCS Millennium Falcon 40th Anniversary edition (10179 rerelease probably updated to TFA).

These are certain,not just rumors

Coming from some random guy who just joined the forum, I think I'll remain sceptical.

We know about the Snowspeeder, but I'm not sold on the UCS MF, especially as a re-release when Lego went to great effort to knock down suggestions of re-releases being a recurring event.

A properly designed UCS Millenium Falcon done to the standards of Slave 1 would pretty much put Lego back in everyone's good books after the 2016 UCS mess.