Major_Ton

The UCS Hype. What will 2017 bring? (40th Anniversary)

What hapenned to the A-wing vs Tie? Rebels ( barely has a quarter of the audience Clone Wars had, Australia can barely get Rebels sets at all ) and over priced. 

I'm still holding my breath over the Falcon remake, the snow speeder could be nice though. Hopefully not another playset or piece for piece remake. 

Did anyone here see the ESB Lando figure (which I 100% cannot find :hmpf_bad:)? Does that mean we may get a UCS Cloud City? Sometimes minifigures leak early (like Moroff from the Y-wing)

On 1/29/2017 at 7:12 AM, Ozbrick said:

What happened to 2016 release of A-wing vs. Vader's tie fighter? Just disappeared from Lego shop around the planet! Whilst some say we haven't had a UCS AT-AT,i disagree as i think the motorised 2007 model 10178 qualifies,as many sets designated with 10 as a starting a 5 figure sequence are considered UCS.Thinking we may see a second version of Vader's UCS Tie advanced alongside the postponed release of the second version of UCS snowspeeder.Many will remember the 2009,10th Lego constructor's anniversary version of Tantive IV,with less detail but similar piece count to the 2001,10019 UCS version.I doubt we will ever see another 10179 Millenium Falcon.Theres a certain prestige to the Lego brand that would be lost by doing it again.Lego will not risk damaging or devaluing the brand.Lego is very proud and protective of that specific set.Lot of time and engineering went into that set and it really set a benchmark.From carton,to certificate,to instruction book,to model.I doubt they will ever market such a comprehensive product again.In saying that,i was really impressed with the effort put into the 2014, 75059 Sandcrawler and wished they had followed up the same level of completeness of product to subsequent UCS product such as Slave1,which is beautiful,and the tie fighter.2016 UCS,Battle of Hoth was disappointing.Lets see where this goes in '17.

Um...not trying to mod here, but you might want to edit your comments a bit more comprehensively. 
Might be just my problem but I found it hard to follow, with even spaces missing at places. 

So to your question: although the first one is not about UCS, that set was retired at the end of last year.

9 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Did anyone here see the ESB Lando figure (which I 100% cannot find :hmpf_bad:)? Does that mean we may get a UCS Cloud City? Sometimes minifigures leak early (like Moroff from the Y-wing)

Check rebelscum for the photos on the june sets, on the linked instagram there's the Lando minifig.

I think it's a custom though. I believe that stormie next to it is a CW-trooper with blue vents on the helmet.

Edited by brobert
typo

On 1/29/2017 at 1:12 AM, Ozbrick said:

I doubt we will ever see another 10179 Millenium Falcon.Theres a certain prestige to the Lego brand that would be lost by doing it again.Lego will not risk damaging or devaluing the brand.Lego is very proud and protective of that specific set.Lot of time and engineering went into that set and it really set a benchmark.From carton,to certificate,to instruction book,to model.I doubt they will ever market such a comprehensive product again.

How would LEGO possibly lose any prestige from re-releasing a set that people obviously want?

I would love to see a new millennium falcon as I wasn't collecting when the last one came out but only if it has a full interior this time I was looking at the previous one and (whispers) looking at getting the Lepin version till I found out there was no interior other than the cockpit which I think is poor when you look at the "play set versions"

also I would love to see a figure scale U-Wing complete with the correct cockpit 2 abreast seating & troop area linked to the flight deck

17 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

If you mean the one on Reddit it looked horrifically fake to me. It's photographed next to a Stormtrooper and below what looks like Vader and Bespin Guard. The design of the figure looks terrible and the printing looks just as bad. I'd be VERY surprised if it turnout to be anything else.

4 hours ago, Robianco said:

If you mean the one on Reddit it looked horrifically fake to me. It's photographed next to a Stormtrooper and below what looks like Vader and Bespin Guard. The design of the figure looks terrible and the printing looks just as bad. I'd be VERY surprised if it turnout to be anything else.

Someone on EB posted it. The printing looks decent to me but the setup looks like it's trying to trick us. How convenient, oh so convenient, that all the other minifigures around are Cloud City minifigures. Even when Moroff was leaked  he was all by himself if I remember correctly.

8 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Someone on EB posted it. The printing looks decent to me but the setup looks like it's trying to trick us. How convenient, oh so convenient, that all the other minifigures around are Cloud City minifigures. Even when Moroff was leaked  he was all by himself if I remember correctly.

Yeah.. That was something I noticed on it too. It was just a bit too staged... on it's own it would look wrong so they've added some genuine figs in too.

From the 2017 rumors thread, Sir von Lego wrote that there may be three UCS sets this year.  If the Snowspeeder is a cert and the Falcon is a maybe, what could the third be?  Sorry if this has already been talked into the ground, but I would guess a Tantive IV or Imperial Star Destroyer.  Or a two-in-one "Opening Sequence" UCS with both for $600 (shudder...)?  :laugh:

Also, it may be worth noting that the UCS Landspeeder is still "In Review" on LEGO Ideas.  I wouldn't expect it to pass, but if it ever had a chance, this would be the year.  If it DOESN'T pass, I think it would be poor form of TLG to release their own version this fall, but...if an original Landspeeder was already in production, I suppose it might happen.  You never know.

29 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

If the Snowspeeder is a cert and the Falcon is a maybe, what could the third be?  Sorry if this has already been talked into the ground, but I would guess a Tantive IV or Imperial Star Destroyer.

@Sir von Lego said it is not a rehash.

@Delta Customs doesn't sound like he likes it…

29 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Also, it may be worth noting that the UCS Landspeeder is still "In Review" on LEGO Ideas.  I wouldn't expect it to pass, but if it ever had a chance, this would be the year.  If it DOESN'T pass, I think it would be poor form of TLG to release their own version this fall, but...if an original Landspeeder was already in production, I suppose it might happen.  You never know.

I doubt LEGO would sell a UCS Star Wars sets under the Ideas line. They're more likely to make their own in a couple of years' time.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

You're absolutely right.  I have no idea what i was thinking when I wrote my post.  :wacko:

Based on the two parameters you highlighted, I do think it might be a play-set, and the only 40th Anniversary tie-in idea that comes to mind is a Yavin IV Rebel Base.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

On 31/01/2017 at 10:34 PM, hunpeter12 said:

UCS Home One! I'd wet myself... :wink:

You mean a flying potato ? :o

21 minutes ago, Anio said:

You mean a flying potato ? :o

Hah :D Thank you! Finally someone shares my opinion. 

That ship really isn't anything interesting. It's a very basic design, and nothing iconic happened on it except for: "It's a trap!"

Make it the Nebulon-B frigate and you got yourself a great set.

Although, afer the amazing moc of mortesv....it wouldn't compare.

On 06/02/2017 at 10:51 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

I doubt LEGO would sell a UCS Star Wars sets under the Ideas line. They're more likely to make their own in a couple of years' time.

I've been keeping an eye on the  UCS Landspeeder on Ideas. I really like the design and hope it is passes.

Does anyone know what Psyence's plans are if it fails. It would be a shame if it never sees the light of day for others to build.

On 2/6/2017 at 5:20 PM, RogueTwo said:

Lego dissed a very nice Ghostbusters HQ on Ideas and then came out with their "own" model six months later. 

So, this is what I've heard so far, via Reddit.

UCS Landspeeder, Falcon, and BB-8 - as the three releases for this year.

As for Lando, are you guys talking about the one that comes with the 2017 A-Wing set? 

http://www.bricktoynews.com/lego-star-wars-2017-sets-wing-desert-skiff-landspeeder/

As far as I can tell, this is a similar A-wing as the one released in 2016, but slight adjustments to the guns and engines.

Edited by kappaknight

3 hours ago, kappaknight said:

I don't know how much sense a Landspeeder would make, since they just released a separate set from that material.

The previous one with the Cantina just went out from almost all retailers, I don't think they would've rushed to release a new one with minor changes just to have it trumped with a UCS set the same year..

4 hours ago, kappaknight said:

Do you mean Snowspeeder, not Landspeeder? The Snowspeeder is currently the only one with a set number (75144) on Brickset and was originally suppose to release last year. It is all but confirmed for an April release. The other two are still unsubstantiated rumours. 

3 hours ago, Markalus said:

Do you mean Snowspeeder, not Landspeeder? The Snowspeeder is currently the only one with a set number (75144) on Brickset and was originally suppose to release last year. It is all but confirmed for an April release. The other two are still unsubstantiated rumours. 

Ah yes, Snowspeeder.

On 2/9/2017 at 8:57 PM, ecmo47 said:

Lego dissed a very nice Ghostbusters HQ on Ideas and then came out with their "own" model six months later. 

Yes, I remember that.  It's sketchy for sure (and disappointing for the creator of the Ideas set, although I think I read that they got a free copy of the official set--small comfort).  We may never know the exact circumstances of that situation, however.  At this point, a UCS Landspeeder seems highly unlikely for 2017, but now LEGO knows that there's a demand for it, just like the Sandcrawler and AT-AT that got rejected.  And I think the official "UCS" Sandcrawler was released after the Ideas submission failed to pass review, but my memory could be failing me here.