Major_Ton

The UCS Hype. What will 2017 bring? (40th Anniversary)

One of the guys on the forum who is in the know said the UCS Death Star is coming in October. I think early VIP access will be in Sept.

Thanks for the response, just waiting on my vip card to arrive in the mail. Maybe I can get a new ucs before it hits the shelf! Exciting stuff.

Why not a UCS T-70 X-wing (or has one allready been confirmed?).

It's from TFA but it closely resembles the original concept art of Ralph Mcquarries X-wing for ANH.

Thanks for the response, just waiting on my vip card to arrive in the mail. Maybe I can get a new ucs before it hits the shelf! Exciting stuff.

No problem! I think most UCS sets have a VIP early access. I imagine the Death Star that comes out later this year will have that.

Whatever UCS set we do get, I'd quite like to see a minifigure stand similar to what we got in the a Helicarrier, but with a golden Star Wars logo.

I think most UCS sets have a VIP early access. I imagine the Death Star that comes out later this year will have that.

Most D2Cs tend to have VIP early access, but it rarely happens for the Star Wars ones. It could happen, but I would advise people not to get their hopes up.

AT-AT is a must. Others are extra...

My only reason for not building a MOC AT-AT is that I still see potential for LEGO to release one. Ought to sell better than that UCS Hoth set :devil:

Edited by HJR-Holland

They should make a UCS set out of that new Imperial shuttle / transport from Rogue One, some day.

Yeah that thing looks amazing!

It's most likely that we've all seen the pictures of the new LEGO Death Star. So some of you may habe noticed that in the lower left corner there's a silhouette of the Falcon. What are the chances that we will get a new UCS Millenium Falcon next year? I mean it's the 40th anniversary of Star Wars Episode IV so is this a hint from LEGO or just wishful thinking from my point of view?

I think it

(snip) is this a hint from LEGO or just wishful thinking from my point of view?

I think it is just wishful thinking. Just box art. No hint.

is this a hint from LEGO or just wishful thinking from my point of view?

Oh I hope its a hint. That would be so cool :wub: . And a much better set than the boring DS

I think it might be a hint since it's sorta highlighted compared to other crafts silhouettes seen on box art plus all of them (except Y-Wing) were released in last five years, so the only obvious candidate is the MF. And call me nuts, but I guess that Lego might do the same trick with MF they did with this years 'updated' DS. Most people who don't own the 2007 model (which is far more hard to get than 10188) will certainly buy it anyway. Tell me what you guys think! :grin:

It's most likely that we've all seen the pictures of the new LEGO Death Star. So some of you may habe noticed that in the lower left corner there's a silhouette of the Falcon. What are the chances that we will get a new UCS Millenium Falcon next year? I mean it's the 40th anniversary of Star Wars Episode IV so is this a hint from LEGO or just wishful thinking from my point of view?

Nope, there's also outlines of a B-Wing, and X-wings and Y-Wings and TIE Fighters. It's just art. The reason it is a silhouette is because they can't show a set not included in the box. The reason it stands out is it's bigger, and I'm sure the reason it is highlighted by the light behind it is because a large black blob would look odd. It's just art.

There lots of good options for UCS sets. I personally would like all the retired UCS sets to be remade, because it was fairly recently that I became a hard core LEGO Star Wars fan and only have the UCS TIE. But, because I have too choose, I would like to see an even larger UCS Death Star that looks like a completed 10143 on the outside but larger, and then you could unclip the exterior panels, apart from the superlaser, and it would reveal a way better, larger 10188 interior. With all the new parts and structural elements TLG is using it is now more possible than ever to make it sturdy and more accurate.

Edited by MaxTube55

I don't think we'll ever see a rerelease of the Millennium Falcon UCS, because that would take away the reputation/exclusivity the 10179 has as "the ultimate Star Wars-set" which is very, very hard to get. Since it's the 40th anniversary, I assume/hope that they will release a new version of the 10030. If they do (and the rumor about the 10129 is right), it will be a great year for me. My biggest fear is a sculpture of Luke or Han.

I don't think they care about the exclusivity of 10179. If they released another large Falcon it wouldn't make 10179 disappear but it would give them a chance to update certain things to improve the design such as reworking the cockpit.

I don't think protecting the value of certain items on the secondary market is remotely in their thoughts when putting together a sales plan.

A new, improved, truly ultimate and definitive UCS Millennium Falcon is my #1 wish for the line, and one of the only things I think makes sense as being sufficiently special and iconic enough for a major anniversary year. And as fantastic as 10179 is, there are still huge opportunities for major improvement. For one thing, there's no interior to speak of; it's actually easily surpassed by every other minifigure-scale Falcon in this regard, even 7190. For another, there's still plenty of room for improvement in the notoriously difficult-to-LEGO-ize cockpit and cockpit tube. And there are any number of features they could add, especially if they want to make it representative of the overall saga and all the Falcon's moments throughout, the way the 10188 Death Star represented all Death Star scenes from both A New Hope and Return of the Jedi (even though those weren't even the same Death Star).

Other than that, I do think a new UCS Tantive IV would be the next best candidate.

I don't think they care about the exclusivity of 10179. If they released another large Falcon it wouldn't make 10179 disappear but it would give them a chance to update certain things to improve the design such as reworking the cockpit.

I don't think protecting the value of certain items on the secondary market is remotely in their thoughts when putting together a sales plan.

I agree with you, that LEGO most likely don't care about the secondary market. However, as I see it, it is very hard to make an iconic set. And I do think that 10179 will loose some of its glory,if a new MF UCS becomes available. But maybe I'm completely wrong, and it will be a huge success. I'm quite sure LEGO knows WAY BETTER than me what the answer is. :)

I'm really hoping for a Tantive IV - either system or UCS scale. I know the Falcon is more iconic, but the Blockade Runner is the very first thing we see in the movie. It could feature some great minifigures (Leia, Vader, R2 and 3PO, Capt Antilles, Troopers from both sides) and would be a great display ship.

I'm really hoping for a Tantive IV - either system or UCS scale. I know the Falcon is more iconic, but the Blockade Runner is the very first thing we see in the movie. It could feature some great minifigures (Leia, Vader, R2 and 3PO, Capt Antilles, Troopers from both sides) and would be a great display ship.

I was thinking along the same lines, but a Star Destroyer/Tantive IV combo, but then I remembered how big the 10030 was with the tiny Tantive IV.

I was thinking along the same lines, but a Star Destroyer/Tantive IV combo, but then I remembered how big the 10030 was with the tiny Tantive IV.

I see there's a new tiny Tantive in the advent calendar this year - I don't know how it compares to any previous ISDs though. I'd love a combo set too - ideally with the Tantive from the planet series and an appropriately scaled ISD!