Major_Ton

The UCS Hype. What will 2017 bring? (40th Anniversary)

My bet is on ISD of Falcon. And I think that any of those will be made a bit smaller, but even more detailed.

I mean, I had MF at home, but after assembling it, I decided not to keep it, because there was really no place where I could keep it.

Please a ISD or Falcon.

This. I would love an ISD or Falcon UCS. Who knows, maybe they would release one of those two in May then the other in the fall in 2017.

I'm not sure about what we could get for UCS but I can see us getting a special May the 4th promo and some anniversary sets.

Hoping TLG paid of Marshall Banana for his design and we get that as a 40th anniversary UCS Falcon to die for.

Jedi Temple/Jedi Council would be a possible USC, especially since it became last years most popular sw lego ideas project, if not next year, at least within 3 years. But yes Tantive or Lars homestead, combining some hut of Obi Wan plus a tusken raider bantra unit and mos eisley is possible, but the town not only the cantina. I also believe in a focus on IV,it would be most logical.

Kinda random, but i really want a UCS A-wing.

would be cool as according to some leaks A-Wings will be part of the resistance force in Star Wars 8

I wouldn't mind seeing the Falcon again, updated. Give it a nice interior, too; the interior of the latest Falcon is very nice, so I bet they could really do a good job with a UCS one...

I wouldn't mind seeing the Falcon again, updated. Give it a nice interior, too; the interior of the latest Falcon is very nice, so I bet they could really do a good job with a UCS one...

Maybe a UCS TFA Falcon.

Shocking that we haven't seen a tusken raider yet .Would love to see one come out way overdue!!

Are you referring to a minifigure? Because we have those, one was included in the relatively recent Skyhopper set with a new mold and everything.

Sorry Nerdy one when you get old sometimes you mix things up I was referring to a bantha and not a tusken raider. My bad.

^neither of those are exciting. That would be nice to see one of the many prequel ships that are incredibly cool.

Personally I think building techniques - SNOT for example - have come such a long way, that I love to see any UCS set where Lego really push the boat out and hit us with something big and around £300-400

If I think about how sophisticated something like the VW Camper is compared to the older VW Beetle, and then take that into a UCS Star Wars theme, we could see something amazing, especially with all the excitement around the reboot.

If they did do something big, it's hard to imagine them not making it old of the really iconic ships which are central to the new films, so that kind of has to mean:

UCS Falcon

UCS X-Wing

UCS Star Destroyer

I'm keeping shelf space and wallet prepared.

My money is on the Star Destroyer. Would love to see an updated design just like I am sure they are going to do with the Snowspeeder next year.

I also remember one of the designers mentioning he would love to do a UCS Star Destroyer. Here's hoping he is lobbying TLG to do one!

I really don't mind a new MF UCS. It's probably the best move to do to redeem the UCS line.

One was supposedly spotted behind closed doors at Toy Fair last year - with lights as well. Could have been a prototype but it shows Lego was at least thinking about it. I think with it featuring prominently in the new trilogy and the new Han Solo movie coming it's a good bet a remake can be coming.

IMO, if and it's a big IF, TLG actually release any sets to specifically mark the 40th anniversary of Episode IV, then there are only 3 things that would be UCS sets. The Falcon, a SSD, or Tantive IV. Whilst a UCS Mos Eisley, bit it cantina or town, would be nice, the amount of minifigures required I just don't see it happening. It won't be an X-wing, as Red 5 was recently released, new Death Star is supposedly coming this year.

Personally, I'd like to see a new UCS Falcon, mainly because I can't afford 10179.

Has the UCS Deathstar been officially confirmed for this autumn? I think I first read about it a few months ago, but have no idea from where did this information originate. How much time in advance do you think we'll know if there is going to be something special for the 40th anniversary?

I'm really hoping for a UCS MF or ISD. Next year would be a good time to realease either one because of the anniversary and they're both featured in new movies. I'd be happy with a non UCS Tantive.