Sign in to follow this  
Lego Engineer

[MOC] Adelaide Metro 4000 Class EMU

After a few years off from MOC building I can finally present another creation. This is one complete set of the new 4000 class commuter trains used in Adelaide, South Australia. The A unit is powered by one power functions train motor.

24135876632_62e738f157_c.jpg

LEGO A-City 4000 Class EMU MOC by Lego Engineer, on Flickr

The 4000 class are the latest addition to Adelaide's commuter rail system. They are also the first electric trains on the network. Introduced in 2014, each one is comprised of three-car semi-permanently coupled sets.

24243972845_624f5a3279_c.jpg

A-City 4000 Class EMU by Lego Engineer, on Flickr

24244022095_a5c20f6ccc_c.jpg

A-City 4000 Class EMU by Lego Engineer, on Flickr

First thing I noticed: ROOF DETAILS!! That thing looks cool. And very modern, and that is nice! The train does seem very long. How does it drive through corners?

The train does seem very long. How does it drive through corners?

It handles pretty well even at speed while going around corners. The bogie pivot points are only 25 studs apart but the overhanging cabins make the length a little deceptive.

That's a very impressive build. Congratulations on packing in 3 cars of detailed goodness. I feel you could possibly make the roof-mounted equipment more prominent, but that's really just nit-picking.

"The next train to Adelaide will depart from platform 1, stopping all stations."

Cool build, nicely done!

Very nice capturing the curves of the prototype. :classic: Would it have been possible to put in some steps in the dark grey part of the control cab?

I feel you could possibly make the roof-mounted equipment more prominent, but that's really just nit-picking.

That's something that crossed my mind after creating the composite images so I'm in the process of raising it by 1 plate.

Would it have been possible to put in some steps in the dark grey part of the control cab?

That would be quite difficult as the dark grey section supports the upside down plates and tiles at the very bottom of the cab.

I have to say this is amazing, You have done an incredible job would love to get my hands on something like this. Really wish Lego made more Train models.

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not only Eurobricker that builds South Aussie. :grin:

Awesome version of our current rail stock 'Lego Engineer'.......hmm, I wonder if this will make an appearance at Brick-a-laide 2016 ? :wink:

Brick On ! :grin: