xboxtravis7992

3D Printed Minifig Head... Creepy?

So on Facebook I just saw several 3d printed "Realistic" heads for Lego figs. I think they look very, creepy... But I am curious what you guys here on the customization forum think about them.

I saw them too, and I agree, they are extremely creepy. I'm perfectly happy with my stylized minifig self instead of something that looks way too detailed and expensive.

Super detail on a Lego minifigure just looks out of place and awkward. I doubt this would look good regardless of the face sculpt.

While I am tempted to have my own face run around my army and pretent it shouts commands at the troops, I am not going to buy one for all the reasons already mentioned here.

Edited by Wardancer

Yep, so non-Lego and weird that it's creepy. Would look much better on an action figure or something detailed, but Lego is much too cartoony for this.

I know that it is not, but it looks too much like bad Photoshop to look creepy to me. I'd probably find them creepier in person. I think it's a weird idea, and wouldn't want faces of people I know on my minifigs.

Yep, so non-Lego and weird that it's creepy. Would look much better on an action figure or something detailed, but Lego is much too cartoony for this.

They also do action figures

Create-your-own-mini-figurine_4.jpg

To be honest ... it sucks

Normally I'm not so 'purist' or whatever, but with Lego... for some reason I don't like that kind of stuff. It's fake and it doesn't 'fit' in the Lego 'style' at all.

Maybe it's funny if they make a cartoon version of a character, like you see sometimes in episodes, for example the Simpsons. Sometimes famous people appears in the episode, and they have the same style.

Think they should made those at least yellow, to 'fit' with the rest of the Lego figures.

The thing that infuriates me about this is the figures that have yellow hands and they didn't bother to swap them to flesh. Its like they don't know anything about LEGO.

The thing that infuriates me about this is the figures that have yellow hands and they didn't bother to swap them to flesh. Its like they don't know anything about LEGO.

Brilliant. Made us laugh but very true, you'd think they'd go that little bit extra?

I dont know whether to crack up get my flamethrower and burn their nest before more of them hatch :D

O

you thought those where bad? check out these https://pittsburgh.c...5428427523.html

here is one example

And sold locally to me oh joy, Im going yo get one! /s

Oh good god that's worse.

Someone actually made this more terrifying? How? HOW?! :laugh:

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

To be fair, even Lego goofed like that in their Nuremberg display for the 'park' minifig set, with the guy in the wheelchair. They used the Zach torso from Jurassic World, but forgot to swap the hands for yellow hands to match the head.

With these, as everyone already noted it's super-creepy; it's much more fun trying to approximate yourself with actual Lego heads! Granted the flesh heads are still somewhat limited in variety for many colors (and tend to be more expensive), but if all else fails there are tons of great yellow heads that could stand in for anyone regardless of skin color.

Edited by Venkefedo

The scariest part of that picture is the minfigures they put the 3-D heads on almost perfectly matches my non Star Wars collection of figures :look::grin: