binuche

[MOC] LL-X² Swordfish eXperimental eXplorer

Hi everbody, I am new here, so first of all happy new year!

I present you my eXperimental eXplorer:

19820598352_52307b69ae_b.jpg

LL-X2 landing by Binuche Bin's, sur Flickr

18766467960_fb9e85e5ef_b.jpg

LL-X2 01 by Binuche Bin's, sur Flickr

Of course it has some features:

19639879310_9ca2675e1b_b.jpg

LL-X2 05 by Binuche Bin's, sur Flickr

19640143998_b753a19f71_b.jpg

LL-X2 07 by Binuche Bin's, sur Flickr

18303095153_1fd9b18f7b_b.jpg

LL-X2 08 by Binuche Bin's, sur Flickr

The landing gear retracts (bottom plate removed):

18923762895_75692956db_z.jpg

18918496162_8a2a2f24f3_z.jpg

LL-X2 10 by Binuche Bin's, sur Flickr

And, uh, yes it is my lego ideas project, so if you like it, you know what to do...

But you can also tell me what you think ;)

Edited by binuche

Yes, and it works. But i cant say I am sure at 100% because I have not used exactly the same pieces, And i tried only on by one. I mean I tested front and the rear separately.

Edited by binuche

I was more wondering about the solidity, as I don't see friction in the system. Wouldn't the weight of the ship fold the system up?

I was more wondering about the solidity, as I don't see friction in the system. Wouldn't the weight of the ship fold the system up?

There is friction. With the dark grey half pin near the blue part when the pads are up. And with the light grey pin in the axle connector in the middle when they are down. But ldd did not allow me to fold/unfold them fully. That's why you can see the pin not fully engaged.

But i have to confess that i didn't test that. When i build the mecanism, i haven't used the 11272 axle connector but just one long axle wich twist a bit for some reason, giving enought friction to lock the mecanism itself in fold/unfold positions.

Edited by binuche

Strikingly cool build! Love the landing gear, the shaping and detail work, and the functional cargo bay. I wish LEGO would go back to making Space sets with this kind of modern spin.

Strikingly cool build! Love the landing gear, the shaping and detail work, and the functional cargo bay. I wish LEGO would go back to making Space sets with this kind of modern spin.

Thanks. And by the way i totally agree with you. But i don't really hope anymore....

:sad:

The first render is awe inspiring! Awesome ship, and part usage, like triangles for the legs

Amazing ship! :wub:

The first picture looks really fine!

I love that cute robot spider!

Thanks, grand dukes!

The first picture was taken during the first flying test in real condition. A little jump Earth-to-Moon... Few weeks before the dramatic mission during wich the ship was lost in mysterious circumstances....

Well done. There is a realism in the hoses and rear engine that I love trying on my MOCs as well. This is not a tremendously intensive build but manages to be complex enough to make it fun.

Wow, it looks awesome! I love how you made the jet engines. :wub: Also, that robot spider is really cool.

Thank you all!

I did'nt work on it since a long time. But i did some minors improvements, like the interior for exemple. I must do some renders. I just need a bit time :/

And by the way, I started to use mecabricks and if I understand how to share my work, I will.

Edited by binuche

Amazing build, with so many great details!!! :wub: The energy source compartment is a very cool one, but actually I like just everything about it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Unique looking ship you've got there! The use of the triangular road signs as landing pads is 100% certified ACE!