Sign in to follow this  
Tuben

Esl - Intro, Free build - Tuben

Hello everybody!

This is my intro for my sigfig Ulrich von Koehler and his dog Bernd.

Ulrich von Koehler was sitting in his dinner room planing the next step in aiding his country, Eslandola, to grow in power and prosperity. The next step was to settle on one of the two colonies that MCTC already had taken. This was not an easy task, so the decision had to be carefully chosen.

Bernd, Ulrich's dog, was standing on the floor and was eager to start biting pieces of his recently received bone. This was an example of when Bernd don't wanted to be disturbed!

There was some weapons hanging on the wall, because Ulrich thought it was best to be ready to defend yourself and anyone close in most situations. That was a good thing with Bernd, he was a superior watchdog, so Ulrich could relax and do his tasks untill Bernd started to bark!

His parents had passed away awhile ago and it was a reason, apart from being eslandolan, why Ulrich had so much golden property in his house. Apart from his heritage Ulrich wasn't so rich, but his plan was to increase his wealth and prosperity in large numbers like a true eslandolan! He already had some crew and soon he would recieve his new merchant vessel!

24087298062_2f0a438090_z.jpgHouse of Ulrich von Koehler by Tobias Andersson, on Flickr

On the wall you could find a painting of a ship. This wasn't just a ship, not a boat dissapering in the multitude of ships, no this was "The Golden Turtle"! From a time pretty long ago this vessel was one of the trading flagships of Eslandola and it was a property of Ulrich's grandfather's father, Walther von Koehler. Ulrich had been told a lot of stories about this ship and Walther. There were stories about Walther facing pirates on the sea, about shippings of enormous quantity and profit and stories about surviving storms so intense that an ordinary ship would be devoured in a blink of an eye. Walther is kind of a hero to Ulrich and in many ways he want to be more like Walther!

24087296272_703249c2f2_z.jpgHouse of Ulrich von Koehler by Tobias Andersson, on Flickr

Ulrich von Koehler is glad for the privilege to be an eslandolan and he really wants to aid his country in a lot of ways!

Extra pictures:

23567156954_f05e357718_z.jpgHouse of Ulrich von Koehler by Tobias Andersson, on Flickr

23567158834_c2e3243f24_z.jpgHouse of Ulrich von Koehler by Tobias Andersson, on Flickr

I would be glad for your comments and constructive criticism :)

I hope you enjoyed this intro!

Edited by Tuben

You've got the right Eslandolan spirit all right! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif Very nice build, the floor and walls are great, and the furniture is interesting and good as well! pirate_classic.gif My main suggestion would be to tile the top of the wall with light gray pieces if you had them to make the build look a bit more finished, and I can't say I'm quite sure about the dark tan tile in front - the doorway, I suppose? pirate_wink.gif

Good jobs on the walls, and really cool furniture, but the floor seems a bit too even to me

Edited by TitusV

Good intro !

Nice build, I like your furniture. Your photo skills are quite good so it makes the build better ! good job.

I am not sure about this dark tan tile in the front too, like Garmadon already said.

Great intro! Nice texturing on the wall too. I agree with Garmadon that smoothing off the top of the wall would help, but on the whole a very nice MOC!

Bienvenidos a Eslandola Ulrich von Köhler! Certainly a nice moc to introduce yourself!

Lovely intro build. I really like your play on the characteristics of Eslandian culture and the build is nice.

My only comment is not to use the "cannon ball bricks" in the walls, as it looks strange to me.

My main suggestion would be to tile the top of the wall with light gray pieces if you had them to make the build look a bit more finished, and I can't say I'm quite sure about the dark tan tile in front - the doorway, I suppose? pirate_wink.gif

You're right that some light grey pieces would be a nice finish :)

Yeah, it's true that the use of the dark tan tile looks quite odd.

Good jobs on the walls, and really cool furniture, but the floor seems a bit too even to me

You got a point that the floor is a bit dull. Maybe I should invest in some more tiles :)

I am not sure about this dark tan tile in the front too, like Garmadon already said.

You're right the dark tan tile is a bit odd.

I agree with Garmadon that smoothing off the top of the wall would help, but on the whole a very nice MOC!

Yes, smoothing off the top of the wall would be a nice finish :)

My only comment is not to use the "cannon ball bricks" in the walls, as it looks strange to me.

Good to know your thoughts :)

Edited by Tuben

Very good intro. It has a warm homely feel, as it should. The furniture is nice and I for one really like the floor; it looks well-kept. As already mentioned, the two things I would change would be tiling the top of the wall and removing the dark tan tile from the border; perhaps the cylinders in the wall could be replaced with a brick with a stud on the side or something. The personalized painting on the wall is a neat idea. Good work.

Fine entry - and welcome to Eslandola!

For King and Country! And Gold .... For Gold!!!

Very good intro. It has a warm homely feel, as it should. The furniture is nice and I for one really like the floor; it looks well-kept. As already mentioned, the two things I would change would be tiling the top of the wall and removing the dark tan tile from the border; perhaps the cylinders in the wall could be replaced with a brick with a stud on the side or something. The personalized painting on the wall is a neat idea. Good work.

Thanks, for your compliments and constructive critique :)

Edited by Tuben