HI! Today i want to present you my new work - Aircraft Tug XL

I started this project a year ago, but bring to mind it succeeded only now. Meet Aircraft Tug XL (Pushback tug/Tractor tug). The model is an extension of the project Aircraft Tug 2014, many of which I am personally not satisfied, and therefore had an idea to build something more functional, large and attractive. Thus was born the Aircraft Tug XL.

Machines of this kind is mainly used at airports when towing aircrafts to parking or vice versa - to the runway. I think everyone who has ever been in the large airports, have seen similar tugs. Less a similar technique can be found in seaports or any other freight terminals that require towing heavy loads.

FIL_5127-2.jpg

FIL_5123-2.jpg

FIL_5132.jpg

FIL_5139-2.jpg

This truck has four-wheel drive by two XL motors, independent steering front and rear axle on two servo motors, lifting mechanism cabin, as well as a system of four mechanical jacks driven by two motors L. Full remote management for that answer 3 infrared receiver, and power models provide two large battery pack located on the sides, and of course, he has V10 on board!

The functional copy of the tractor completely original machine. The layout of the indoor units I came as close to real.

Dimensions:

D / W / H

56/27/15 stud.

445/220/120 mm.

FIL_5160.jpg

FIL_5161.jpg

FIL_5162.jpg

The model is made of 100% Lego parts except stickers - I made them their own. The basis of design I took the logo of the Khabarovsk airport - in the form of a flying bear. In Russia bears do not just walk down the street with balalykas, but also know how to fly :)

FIL_5166.jpg

I also worked on the detailed cabin from the outside to the inside. Now, in contrast to the previous tractor, the door is open, there is a full salon, which are two fire extinguishers, driver's seat and the passenger, levers, steering wheel, and monitor devices.

FIL_5174.jpg

FIL_5173.jpg

Tractor turned quite powerful, as you can see by watching video. In practice, it is able to move from his seat and dragged to drag a weight of not less than 6 kg, as long as the batteries have been good charge :)

FIL_5149.jpg

FIL_5150.jpg

You may see more information and photos on my blog

Edited by filsawgood

Love the bear stickers! Awesome machine and defenitely an improvement over your previous rendition. Also like the interior very much :)

Nice. I've seen bears riding in Ladas but haven't seen bears fly before. Suggestion for the video, it was hard to read quickly with the font you used. A solid color font would have worked better or have the text display longer.

Wow! I just love it, looks so sleek, it's very powerful and offers plenty of functions, can't wait to see the LDD file :)

That's a great model and a good scale. Love the functions and power, your presentation is excellent too.

H

Very well detailed model! Love its cabin especailly! It looks like the cockpit of drift car with many gauges, drift handbrake and NoS bottles. And white body is true JDM;)

Edited by rm8

I just discovered this again. It is great! I really like all the functions. I am working on a MOC that has the steering and functions like your tug, but a different purpose platform.

Thanks for sharing this!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

hi, how do you guys make that custom stickers? there is a program from lego? or something like sbrick but like a printer?

27640961765_f21467a32c.jpg5735101078_13d14e0549_b by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

Greetings, I'm pleased to present my version of this great model.

SBrick version in Qantas Airways livery.

Thanks to Filsawgood for the instructions and to Jaap Technic for producing custom stickers.

All functions work via two SBricks and iPad control including all steering options.

4 x PF Lights

1 x M motor -Cab Lift

2 x XL motors - All Wheel Drive

2 x Servo motors - Front & Rear Steering

2 x M motors - Chassis Lift

2 x 6AA Battery packs

2 x SBricks

For Australian AFOL's this shall be on display @ BrickExpo Canberra July '16, Brisbricks Brisbane October '16 & Brickvention Melbourne January '17

27567242081_481153a140_z.jpgQFTug9 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

27640428745_f2344a5088_z.jpgQFTug by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

27567257101_abbfe32ecc_z.jpgQFTug4 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

27363320910_ba6f4335df_z.jpgQFTug2 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

27567252991_ec33a30c14_z.jpgQFTug6 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

27641297155_3ac413f861_z.jpgQFTug10 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

Edited by OneMoreRobot

my first impression - WOW! Excellent design solution! He's definitely like me more than my... :blush::thumbup:

Edited by Blakbird
Removed quote