Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Blockbeard

Help identify this! Rare or fake Lego case.

Hello all. Hoping you can help identify the case in the attached photo. Suspect it is a fake but wanted to be sure before letting it go cheap. Have not been able to find it online. Translation of the text is roughly brick box case.

Help much appreciated.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153843197181115&l=ee6fdf093b

Thanks,

Geoff

Edited by Admiral Blockbeard

I wouldn't say that was a genuine Lego box but I'm sure LEGO Historian will be able to give more info on this especially if it's genuine.

I don't think Lego has ever made belts as long as the two on the helicopter on the front. The fact that there's also no Lego logo indicates to me that it isn't made by Lego.

You are not the first person asking about this particular case. (Link is in to a website in German language, but can be translated). The weblink shows other views of the case where you can see the company name : Theia Spielwaren, a German company. It looks to made around the 1970s. The company made a number of cases for various toys including matchbox cars and dolls.

I don't think the cases even came with the toys themselves depicted on the box, they were just made for storing what people already had.