___

[POLL] Selecting my new LEGO Ideas project (2016, January)

Choose bublible's new LEGO Ideas project - 2016, January  

23 members have voted

1. 1. MOC for LEGO Ideas - 2016, January

• 691305 Decontamination Base
    • 691522 Geckoentaur Traxformer
    • 681502 Caterpillar Spacecraft
    • 681501 Kozmik Tower Station
    • 691512 Space Hydroasis Delta
    • 691502 Intercom Repair Vehicle
    • 691514 Scootoover Refill Dock
    • 691513 Drone Transporter
    • 691510 Wheeled Photon Plow
    • 691509 Ionosphere Absorber

@whitswj - please, click image for FullHD resolution.

As you can probably notice I had to come up with my own solution to those yellow upper parts in the "claws" section as there is none such brick in LDD, unfortunately + I am thinking furter to add to it at least some modularity later today as well. :wink:

GRABLER_PROTO.jpg

Edited by bublible

That design is really nice, but you should watch the claw's weight :wink:

Yea, thanx - I was aware of that but if you look up at whitswj original posted images which are real LEGO bricks model he has basically the same weight and even if it is holding that big white container/tank it still is strong as a rock so I guess it could actually work, but can't test it myself as I mostly developing virtually in LDD where, unfortunately, you cannot test physics, so it's just an assumption. :sweet:

Edited by bublible

That looks beautiful! I love what you have done with it. I like re-designed cockpit and it looks much better with the black tires. I also love the 2x2 white tile with the classic space logo. I would love to have those in physical brick!

As far as the claw's weight and functionality- the actual build is delicate. Improvement could be made by using a technic-type solution- not my favorite option but was a common solution seen in lego for Mars Mission and Space Police III.

I will revisit the design this weekend. Unfortunately I have to work for a living.

Thanx, whitswj, we can work on those claws later if you will (I have nothing against Technics-like style/system if it is used reasonably...for instance I like very much Mars Mission subtheme and as you have said it is basically in concept Technics in space :grin: ), BUT I have some other news: I've pushed it "a bit" further making your vehicle just a part of a larger complex of pseudo-monorail of Techtroners - your vehicle grabs kind-of container, puts it on a foldable monorail-like part (!!), there it connects to a train-like small rocket that brings it via big system of monorails to some higher ground where it should be stored side by side other such containers, then that small train-like rocket disconnects, fly to the starting point and process can begin from start once again on and on...but it is still in extremely early stage of development :classic: , I hope you will like the idea and if not no problem, I will change it cos the truth is it looks somewhat strange (being working on it right now as we speak).

Anyway, I like the concept (that is: your vehicle as a machine inside monorail complex) but I will have to rethink in more depth and complexity that pseudo-monorail itself...tho it looks promising to me, I just need to scale it down a lot I guess cos now the vehicle seeems to be lost there which is not good as it looks absolutely splendid and beautiful and should be central part of that future MOC, of our work, you know. :wink:

Edited by bublible

Thanx, whitswj, we can work on those claws later if you will (I have nothing against Technics-like style/system if it is used reasonably...for instance I like very much Mars Mission subtheme and as you have said it is basically in concept Technics in space :grin: ), BUT I have some other news: I've pushed it "a bit" further making your vehicle just a part of a larger complex of pseudo-monorail of Techtroners - your vehicle grabs kind-of container, puts it on a foldable monorail-like part (!!), there it connects to a train-like small rocket that brings it via big system of monorails to some higher ground where it should be stored side by side other such containers, then that small train-like rocket disconnects, fly to the starting point and process can begin from start once again on and on...but it is still in extremely early stage of development :classic: , I hope you will like the idea and if not no problem, I will change it cos the truth is it looks somewhat strange (being working on it right now as we speak).

Anyway, I like the concept (that is: your vehicle as a machine inside monorail complex) but I will have to rethink in more depth and complexity that pseudo-monorail itself...tho it looks promising to me, I just need to scale it down a lot I guess cos now the vehicle seeems to be lost there which is not good as it looks absolutely splendid and beautiful and should be central part of that future MOC, of our work, you know. :wink:

That's a great idea! I can't wait to see the pics.

Hwy, guys, here's something a little bit different ( as I am being quite thrilled right now, uuu): my 1st part of complete NEXO KNIGHTS has finally just arrived - seems like this night will be one big building session, yayks!!! :tongue::devil::laugh::thumbup:

20160113_nexoknights_1st.jpg

So... It is a little late but I finished a base concept. The idea is that it is a recharging station. It is a little weird but I think it still works with the theme. In the coming weeks, I will be posting the smaller base. There is a few unique pieces that I am waiting on.

I will eventually post the shuttle on a different thread. It is done in the classic space theme but I think it was a nice contrast with this theme.

Base inspired by Techtroners style by Bublible by Walter Whiteside Jr., on Flickr

Base inspired by Techtroners style by Bublible by Walter Whiteside Jr., on Flickr

That is quite interesting too tho my favorite one is still your "grabler" vehicle - to me it looks more compact and polished in style and design (basically finished Techtroners vehicle right from the start :thumbup: ): this "HQ base" seems a bit off from Techtroners style - it would actually need a lot reworking to suit exact Techtroners feeling. Anyway it is undoubtedly original, so if you don't mind I would stay with the vehicle as for now (that one is a gem: simply perfect from my point of view...we just need to find better usage for it than simple rocket mover, you know...maybe integrating with your next smaller HQ base forming a set?) waiting for your next model so we could probably join them together becoming kind of "6970/6971/6930" potential pseudo-set! :wink::grin:

+ we'll have to find some more advanced logic how they could integrate/cooperate with one another (like some kind of dock for the vehicle in the HQ base, some parts from the base detachable and attachable to the vehicle, some surprising stuff like: "Oh, so this can be opened like some secret doors that would reveal some stuff to play with" etc...that kind sort of things I am thinking of)... :devil::sweet:

I scarped that initial idea of your vehicle being part of my pseudo-monorail MOC cos it was too big, too ugly, too little idea of "what it actually is all about" and frankly I was lost in a way of developing the complex (but who knows? maybe later I will find the way around and making it some of my next MOC...we will see as for this monorail of mine)...ah! :hmpf_bad: Therefore I am hoping you come up with some nice interesting smaller HQ base so we can join them together with some of my input - that'd be great! :blush:

BTW as I was not happy with the monorail part I started new idea of your vehicle being front part of mobile station but once again I do not know what it should be actually about in terms of usage: is it kind of drilling stuff? fueling base? just some random movable platform? I do not know...later today I will make some quick renders of the work as it looks now wating for your input on that idea: basically your vehicle is detachable in front of it all...something like in ALIEN movie when the ship could detach from the front - the same principle vith your vehicle and the mobile base but I am not sure I like it, this is terrible with me (always trying to achieve maximal perfection, at least as much as virtual design allows)

Edited by bublible

OK, here is the quick multi-render of the actual state of the work on (as of now) abandoned Tecntroners monorail system (click image for FullHD version)...as you can see it is basically in very very early stage of development, kind of a rail and stuff mess - I did not like it at the end after all, so I left it as it was (maybe sometime in the future I could return to it and find some usage for it or parts of it - who knows).

MONORAIL_PROTO.jpg

Edited by bublible

UPDATE

So I finally made it...I mean I am absolutely satisfied with what it becomes (or still becoming?) of the @whitswj's "Grabler" vehicle now: mobile HQ base with grabler tractor towing it...first quick renders sometime later, stay tuned (those that are interested...I hope @whitswj will like it too - fingers crossed :laugh: ) :devil::wink: ...

EDIT

And here it is - promised final prototype version quick multi-render (click image for FullHD version)...

691601_PROTO.jpg

Edited by bublible

I absolutely love it. Its a well done MOC. I have been away on business an I hope to get caught up on my comments this weekend. Again that is very nice work.

Thank you so much - I am glad you like my addition to you beautiful "grabler" vehicle.

BTW do you agree on the naming (691601 Grabler Space Rig) or do you suggest some changes to it (lately I changed the word "tractor" for more CS like word "Space" :laugh: )?

And of course if you have any new ideas that could be implemented please tell it here so we can get the best from it! I also added some more modularity to it (actually still finetuning it like TLG would most probably do: that is deleting not needed bricks astuff like that).

And that brings me to some more: could you please teest some of it "abilities"? You know, LDD does not allow me testing for real physics so there may be some small flaws like some connections that would not hold the weight attached to it and stuff like that? If you agree I would PM you "building plan" so you could test it with real bricks...hm?

UPDATE

As of now on the poll is finally closed: result is - the winner - "691522 Geckoentaur Traxformer", BUT as of other users input over at www.reddit.com it gain significantly less then the second one in this poll (3 - 14), and because actual difference between 1st and 2nd place i just 1 vote (8 - 7), I am saying that my next LEGO Ideas MOC will be 691305 Decontamination Base.

So, do you want to use this as a basis for a new Ideas project at some point?

Well, if we both would agree on it and if there would be some interest from others...why not? :classic:

The challenge see is attempting to gather enough support for a non-IP concept and it is difficult to promote.

Sorry, my english is not that good so I do not know what you mean by this - can you say it, please, in some other way? :look:

Some other things to consider would be adding a couple of pieces we have always wanted in trans-blue. The only limitation would be that the mold would have to be in current production.

Sure, I can, I just thought it is quite a lot of them already there :grin: ...but if you give me some concrete suggestion (name of the brick you want me to add in the trans dark blue that is not there yet) I would add them (most probably...in case it would not fight too much with Techtroners visual feeling :sweet: )?

Do you think we should start a new thread for this?

You mean like new - specific - thread for this our "grabler platform" design? If so then yes: actually I thought we first finish the concept to its final stage () and then I would start new topic just for that our new MOC crediting you and me for its development, what do you think? Therefor I thought we could communicate just via PM for some time and only present it when it is finished.

Edited by bublible