Elostirion

[ESL-Intro] The annual Fontonajo dinner

"My dear, no matter where in the world you may be or what you might be doing, whether it's for riches, your king or glory - once a year you will all come home. Because family is all we have, after all."

'Madre' Marietta to her daughter Marja, some years ago

Once a year the Fontonajo family comes together for their annual dinner. It's about eating and drinking, about laughing and smiling, about celebrating victories or moaning losses. It's about Eslandola, about wearing green clothes and drinking from golden cups. It's about the past and the future. But more than all it's about a family coming together again, about not losing grasp to the bonds that are most important in this quickly changing world.

23882749690_92095b439e_c.jpg

Román Esteban Fontonajo, the head of the family, standing in front of the big tapestry, lifts his glass and gives his opening words to the family diner, thanking them all for coming. 615 AE will be a good year for the family, a great year. They all cheer and take a sip of their glasses - water for the kids and a good red whine for the adults - and then take their seats. Trout has been served this year, along with some steamed carrots and bread. All family members are dressed in a traditional green, as every year. Román took a bite of his trout, looked around and saw the smile on his mother's face as their eyes met. And he felt happy.

24178372455_895c7945e1_c.jpg

All members of the Fontonajo family:

24070330702_c2f5738c26.jpg

from left to right:

- Alejandro Baltone, age 14, Román's 3rd son

- Isabella Elisa, age 16, Román's daughter

- Joaquin Seramon, age 20, Román's 2nd son

- Marja Henrietta, age 36, Román's sister

- Juan Alfonso, age 22, Román's eldest son and heir

- Clarissa Raltessa, age 41, Román's wife

24152282066_3384647753.jpg

from left to right:

- 'Madre' Marietta, age 64, Román's mother

- Raphael 'El Tío', age 71, Román's uncle (father's brother)

- Rialto Espada, age 39, Román's brother

- Anna, age 44, Rialto's wife

- Heliodoro, age 18, Rialto's 1st son

- Franjo, age 15, Rialto's 2nd son

Three more impressions of the annual dinner:

1. Marietta checking the room in the morning before the dishes have been served

2. Dishes have been served, the family is about to enter

3. Top-view

23551601123_ba8dc40c45_n.jpg 23810568069_2621b63412_n.jpg 23550166764_252160502d_n.jpg

-------------------------------

I will post further background information about all family members (which I will use as side characters in BoBS) in a future MOC.

Edited by Elostirion

Lovely setting. The tapestry is nice and I like the design of the table and chairs (hey, I like anything gold...) It looks like a warm family atmosphere and behold, the table overfloweth with the bounty of the land.

I can't tell if the archways are supposed to be windows or painted reliefs, but the light blue is a beautiful accent color regardless. The maps and painting help break up the white, but a few more wouldn't hurt. I'm curious about the floor - are some of the tiles attached and others loose? Finally, the different colors of the base are interesting. Good work and good intro for the characters :)

Lovely setting. The tapestry is nice and I like the design of the table and chairs (hey, I like anything gold...) It looks like a warm family atmosphere and behold, the table overfloweth with the bounty of the land.

I can't tell if the archways are supposed to be windows or painted reliefs, but the light blue is a beautiful accent color regardless. The maps and painting help break up the white, but a few more wouldn't hurt. I'm curious about the floor - are some of the tiles attached and others loose? Finally, the different colors of the base are interesting. Good work and good intro for the characters :)

Thanks. The archways were supposed to be windows, but I like the idea of reliefs... :-)

About the floor: In this (final) version only the front row of 2x1 is loose (as you can see here where I forgot them when taking the picture), all 2x2 are fixed. I had another version with offset/shift in progress but missed some bricks for it, so decided for this one. If you want I can upload a picture of the foundation later? Table, chairs and people are 100% loose, though.

Also Thanks to Graham and Titus for your positive feedback. :-)

I don t know why but it reminds me a lot of the first hobbit film :). I think you made your job great. I can feel the admosphere of the celebration and can hear the people talking and loughing. Excellentpirate_classic.gif

Yeeey, more dinners and food!! :D

Excellent job on making such a vibrant atmosphere!

Quite a family! An excellent build too, I especially like the light blue behind the arches! Welcome to Eslandola!

Good job !

It is exactly the kind of fiesta a family from Eslandola is capable of !

Just add some apples on the table and it will be perfect. ;p

Excellent minifigs and such an extravagant dining table! I also like the design of the chairs :classic:

As I've also said at some other builds, overview shots look better if taken with the camera a bit further away from the build, to make the perspective less distorted.

Very great dining hall scene! I like all this feasting in Eslandola very much! Great idea to have a light blue background behind those windows.

I wonder though what the windows would look like if you used the gothic arches instead.