Kai NRG

Settlement: Weelond, An Holli, Eslandola

Settlement Name: Weelond

weelond_as_seen_from_the_bay_-_edited2.j

Ownership: MCTC

Mayor: [new mayor coming soon!] - @Capt Wolf

Size: Large City

Who can own property in Weelond: Anyone, from any faction.

Who can freebuild in Weelond: Anyone, from any faction.

Fortifications: Two large forts.

Troops: As of Dec. 6, 619, there are 300 men stationed here (270 locally raised troops, 10 Governor's Guard, 20 free local militia).

More information about Weelond can be found in this post (soon).

Check out the Weelond Index.

Please post a link to any free-builds that take place in Weelond in this thread.

If you want to license a piece of property in Weelond, post in this thread and fill out the web form.

24446093852_1d92bfd92e.jpg

Nice, the first MCTC settlement ready to be flourished in this game! :)

Edit: No the second x)

Edited by Tuben

Licensed properties in Weelond:
-2 large forts (one of which can be seen here)
-small residence #1
-small artisan (cordwainer)
-small factory (brewery)
-small artisan (law office)
-large residence (governor's mansion)
-royal factory (Augustinian Colonial Textiles)
-medium commerce (MCTC warehouse)
-large commerce (market)
-medium artisan (restaurant)
-medium culture (church)
-small education (the "Red" school)
-medium commerce (public wharf)
-medium factory (sawmill)
-small commerce (office)
-large education (lecture hall / colonial council)
-medium commerce (bank/investment house) (inquire about banking/investments services)
-small residence #2
-small commerce (warehouse)
-small artisan (tavern)
-small commerce (insurance agency)
-small artisan (tavern)
-small factory (illegal brewery)
-medium artisan (main street shops)
-medium artisan (tavern)
-small artisan (charcuterie/butcher shop)
-small commerce (apple cider tavern)
-small artisan (inn)
-medium education (medical clinic)
-small culture (beer monument)
-small commerce (Oktoberfest food stand)
-small artisan (fireworks shop)
-large factory (grist mill #1)
-medium factory (grist mill #2)
-small artisan (Reyngout's tavern)
-medium culture (orphanage)
-medium factory (iron foundry)
-small education (weapons training)
-large plantation (hops garden)
-medium market
-small artisan (BruHaHa)
-small residence #3
-small residence #4
-small commerce (privvies)
-small beer garden
-small commerce (ball toss)
-small education (beer tasting)
-large commerce (inn and tavern)

Licensed properties in the hinterlands:
-small corn plantation
-large cotton plantation #1
-large cotton plantation #2

Unlicensed properties:
-50+ NPC residences
-4 NPC artisans
-officers quarter
-governor's office

Other builds:
-hanging #1
-hanging #2
-dock scene
-governor reviews troops
-5 Octoberfest scenes
-beach sport
-new recruits
-artillery training
-cavalry training

Oktoberfest summaries:
-from 616
-from 617
-from 618
-from 619

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MCTC has their warehouse up and running In Weelond.

2front2.jpg

Willem Guilder sat at his desk, parchment in front of him and quill in his hand. Progress had been slow since the MCTC established a settlement on An Holli, and Guilder was ready to do something about it. The settlement of Weelond was growing, but it needed a something more. He wrote:

TO: Guy K. Wyndzon

MCTC Headquarters

Subject: Future growth of Weelond

Sir, I submit this in addition to my usual trade report. If I may speak freely, I think the MCTC is missing an opportunity with this outpost. Growth has been promising this month, but it needs a more active hand to build it into the jewel of the MCTC this side of Terraversa. While having your uncle out and about on the island tormenting defaulters is admirable (and I applaud his “big stick” policy in general), it has done little to rally investment in this place. I believe the MCTC needs someone in place to direct development, and even act dare I say as a recruiter, for the island in general and this settlement in particular. I see no reason why this can’t be a large town within a few months, and a true city within another 9 months after that. With two settlements (Weelond and Bardo) in the same trade zone, we have a unique opportunity to market our ports to traders who fear the pirate scum that roam the Sea of Storms, as long as we grow them into profitable ports of call for Eslandolan and other traders. I have heard of Colonel Oystrigde in Bardo, and he is a man I can work with. If he were made director of Bardo, and I were made director of Weelond, I believe we could forge a united plan for rapid growth in these islands. I humbly submit my name for consideration as director of Weelond. I await your reply.

Your humble servant,

Willem Guilder

MCTC Regional Trade Manager

Weelond, An Holli

Guilder waited for the ink to dry, then sealed the letter with wax. Then he got up from his desk and went down to the docks to find the fastest available ship. This letter must go out immediately. The MCTC was built on aggressive action; this could not wait.

Guy K. Wyndzon sat at his desk thumbing through letters after returning from a futile search after the rest of the board members. Each of them had good excuses for why the next meeting could wait until tomorrow.

Presently a valet came in and placed a new letter on the corner of the desk.

Guy eyed the new letter rather angrily. "When is my Uncle going to get back?"

Suddenly there was a rush in the hallway and then a booming voice said, "Yep, hangings all done, and good riddance to the lubbers! - where's my nephew, George?"

Guy threw open the door and exclaimed, "You're just in time, Uncle!" He waved the new letter in his right hand. "And there's a meeting tomorrow, too. No need to ask how the hangings went - you look pleased as punch - they obviously came off well."

"Well, I don't know quite that - the pirate managed to escape but I gave him a good warning and I had to leave the second one in the hands of a bunch of savages, but I dare say he'll get a fine fright! What's that letter about?"

"I don't know - you tell me."

Guy's Uncle took the letter and went into the library and sat down. He read it through and then said, "It's an application from Willem Guilder; he's applying to be mayor of Weelond."

"Oh, that's all? We can take care of that next meeting I suppose. Now tell me more about those hangings!"

The Merchant's Colonial Trading Company is pleased to announce that in recognition of his good services and his evident interest in seeing this colony succeed, Willem Guilder has been appointed mayor of Weelond!

In celebration of the occasion, MCTC will now permit any member of Eslandola, Corrington, Oleon, or even a Sea Rat to own property in Weelond! That's right, owning property in Weelond is now open to everyone!

Congratulations on the new office, master Guilder, and nice to see Eslandian settlements opening up. However, I expect most people will stick to their own faction's settlements for now pirate_wink.gif

Congratulations on the new office, master Guilder, and nice to see Eslandian settlements opening up. However, I expect most people will stick to their own faction's settlements for now pirate_wink.gif

We'll have to see about that! pirate_laugh2.gif

Don't forget that you still pay your faction taxes even if you build in another faction's territory!

We'll have to see about that! pirate_laugh2.gif

Don't forget that you still pay your faction taxes even if you build in another faction's territory!

Come time, come answers, surely. However, we all know any Eslandolanderiander will "appropriate" foreign property, if he sees a profit in doing so! And without a second thought! pirate_tong.gif

Come time, come answers, surely. However, we all know any Eslandolanderiander will "appropriate" foreign property, if he sees a profit in doing so! And without a second thought! pirate_tong.gif

But the likelihood of that being profitable is pretty slim... oppressive policies may look lucrative in the short run but in the long run they always hurt... and of course, we Eslandians are in this for the long haul! pirate_wink.gif

Actually, it will be really fun to see what happens in the event of war - who will chose to do what with enemy property, and how will the players react and the politics evolve! And what happens if some from one faction in the MRCA starts raiding other faction's ships? Will we have war?

Oh, what a wonderful system you have all created here! Machiavelli would certainly be proud! pirate_laugh2.gif

Actually, it will be really fun to see what happens in the event of war - who will chose to do what with enemy property, and how will the players react and the politics evolve! And what happens if some from one faction in the MRCA starts raiding other faction's ships? Will we have war?

Oh, what a wonderful system you have all created here! Machiavelli would certainly be proud! pirate_laugh2.gif

I don't think we have to stress with war. SkaforHire said in the corrington thread that he gave up counting islands around 100 in the near vicinity. So no need to argue and bitter about whom killed whom yet...

I don't think we have to stress with war. SkaforHire said in the corrington thread that he gave up counting islands around 100 in the near vicinity. So no need to argue and bitter about whom killed whom yet...

Oh, I do hope we will have some war at some point - when someone sinks the wrong ship, for instance - and then we will probably see fighting over the most valuable settlements! pirate_laugh2.gif

Of course, there is no *need* for war, but that never stopped anyone before! pirate_wink.gif

Weelond is now open to all builders, and Weelonders need more shops for everyday supplies and services. Therefore, the first two artisan properties to be built and licensed in Weelond in March will each receive a 5db rebate from Mayor Willem Guilder. There's no better deal in all the islands of the Sea of Storms!

Weelond is now open to all builders, and Weelonders need more shops for everyday supplies and services. Therefore, the first two artisan properties to be built and licensed in Weelond in March will each receive a 5db rebate from Mayor Willem Guilder. There's no better deal in all the islands of the Sea of Storms!

I was wondering when such incentives would start to show up! :) Great idea - may I wish you the best wishes for its fruition!