Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

[COR - Intro] Entering Belson

The log of Captain Aiden Coyle. INITIAL ENTRY:

I am penniless. I do not even have the coin to pay the docking fee at the port of Belson. I have anchored offshore and taken the dinghy to the beach that the local fishermen use to launch their fishing boats from. Accompanying me are John Quin, my first mate and former captain of this ship and Will Fletcher, our cabin boy. My first order of business is to find a way to earn some coin so that I can hire more crew and repair this ship. Perhaps then I will attempt to acquire a letter of marque and do some privateering if I have not found any other proper paying service for the ship. But hopefully there will be plenty of merchants wanting to ship cargo to the islands.... END OF ENTRY

24054647492_49ba941d4c_c.jpg

Edited by Mike S

Looks great.

This might not be on purpose, but the way youve edited the dark tan to look like gold bricks is just awesome.

Would be so great to use those for building El Dorado for example. pir_laugh2.gif

Nice windows! Can't really see how they are built...?

I also think that the stone parts of the wall look great :classic:

I think the colors are a bit off and that the golden look is due to the white balance of the build being significantly different from the perfect white of the edited background. If the background is edited in such a way it is best that the white balance of the build is first adjusted to match the background.

Great wall technique and it's good to see you here too! Hope we get to see more from you here except for the one or two proposed mocs. I always like your darker take on these building games!

Very good intro. The overall composition is great and I really like the textured wall and masonry pillars. The base is neat too and those windows look massive - I'm assuming each piece is anchored on one side and/or end to align them that way. It looks great as shown, as if illuminated by the rising or setting sun, but I think showing it under more conventional lighting would probably be better. Good work.

I've been trying to figure out how you made those windows. Are they lug wrenches strategically placed? Is that why there is only one pic of the windows, and that is straight on?

I've been trying to figure out how you made those windows. Are they lug wrenches strategically placed? Is that why there is only one pic of the windows, and that is straight on?

No they are black technic connectors. I do plan to take better photos of this just when I'm home I like to spend the time building rather or something else rather than trying to take better photos. But as photography is more important than building skills when showing your builds online, I do intend to take professional photos of everything that I've built so far that needs better photos. Thing is if I decide to devote the time to photography, I will end up not posting anything at all.

Good to have you amongst our ranks, Aidan Coyle - I am sure you will find employment in our fine capital!

The build is brilliant, although I wonder why there would be those big openings in what I thought was a city wall? pirate_blush.gif I like the idea of the brickbuilt structure (the Fleshy parts) filled in with more irregular rocks (grey), and as others have said the windows are brilliant.

The light does seem a bit off, but as someone else said, it does give it a sunset/sunrise kind of feel pirate_satisfied.gif

The build is brilliant, although I wonder why there would be those big openings in what I thought was a city wall? pirate_blush.gif

The in character answer is that the flood waters from the hurricane of 607 damaged this portion of the wall and since the queen lowered taxes, the budget has not yet been approved for repairing the upper section of the wall.

Out of character answer is that this was originally for GoH but has sat on a shelf for over a year so thought to finally post it somewhere.