A free-build for the Guilds of Historica, a continuation of the story of Adira Magdeburg, and a crossover with Gideon. Please check here:

http://www.eurobrick...66#entry2407520 and the builds before it for backstory. Long live Kaliphlin and the High Council!

23748186639_8e066f6128_c.jpg

“It is a pleasure to have you here, Adira Magdeburg, or do you wish me to call you Navabi?”

I shivered, suddenly feeling the cold of the Barqaian Administrative Building's inner rooms. Another reason you shouldn't do this, you can't stand cold temperatures. I pushed aside the thought, annoyed. The speaker, Lord Gideon of Barqa, evenly kept pace with my nervous steps, smiled courteously, if briefly. I nodded then returned to staring at the floor ahead of me. “Magdeburg will do, thank you.”

Gideon continued, his voice cordial. “I understand your people are for the most part staying in the Nestlands? How are they disposed toward you, favorably or no?”

You cannot be about to do this, Adira. You should have sent a letter, or just done it unannounced. My mind spun and focused on putting one foot in front of the other. It's too late now, you've already come here. You had better go through with it. I gestured vaguely. “Some are not in the best of spirits, but overall I think their doing well enough.” Not only a deserter but a liar as well. Quickly I changed the subject. “How goes the resistance? Are our allies in Berigora and Eastgate still holding out?”

A hint of the half-elf's hidden frustration emerged in his voice. “They remain, though the majority of those not under the influence of GEAR CO. are slothful, benefiting from the Desert's King's bribes. Interestingly enough, it is in the Desert King's own land that the resistance is most zealous, if smaller. Apparently our adversary is veiling himself less and less in his own land and giving in to his true nature.”

Adira nodded absently, thinking desperately of how best to approach the subject. “Are many fleeing his lands?”

“Actually, yes. The mummy's wars cost many of the peasants their livelihoods in taxes and there are a good many crossing the border into the center lands and Avalonia despite the Desert King's wishes, though the Algus in Mitgardia and the civil war in Nocturnus are keeping those places free of immigration. I tell you, if this continues much longer Avalonia will become increasingly overpopulated and have to start deporting those wishing to come.”

Here goes. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. “That's unfortunate, because some of my people are planning to immigrate there.”

I looked up at the elf to gauge his reaction. He raised an eyebrow. “And will you allow them to?”

I laughed nervously. “Well that's just it, I'm leading them. I couldn't exactly stop them anyway.” I added quickly.

24089912486_a3daee453d_c.jpg

Lord Gideon stopped in his tracks and I turned, fearing the worse. I hope I haven't cut too many ties. I watched his exp

ressionless face anxiously.

The Lord of Barqa gazed ahead of him pensively. Finally he turned to me, his voice measured. “So you won't be helping the resistance anymore?”

His voice didn't sound hostile, but he could be hiding it. “Not as much as before, but I will be trying to help as much as possible, harboring refugees and so on...” I trailed into silence, trying to think of any other ways I could still help. None came to mind. “I'm just trying to do what's best for my people.”

Gideon nodded slowly, stroking his chin. “Are your people discontented with their hosts in the Nestlands?”

“Not exactly...” I paused, searching my mind for a non-detrimental explanation. “Their independent, you see. They've lived up in their valley all their lives, supporting themselves, and now to be thrust into the hands of strangers is more then many of them can bear.” I omitted the fact that many of them blamed me for it. “I think they just want to be masters of their own livelihoods again, living off of their own labor.”

Gideon nodded again, slowly. “And they believe Avalonia will give them this chance?”

“More then any of the other Guilds.”

There was an elongated pause and I waited with baited breath for his response. Finally a look of resolution came into his eye and he smiled grimly. “What do you need?”

Relief flooded my mind and I let out my breath slowly. “A small guard, and provisions. The Nestland administrative council have enough people on their hands as it is, I do not wish to burden them any more.”

“You realize that we are also in the same predicament, Lady Magdeburg. But,” he held up a finger to stop my interjection, “I will allow you a score of cavalry until you reach the Kaliphlin border and a weeks provisions. I can not give you more, but I think that should suffice.” He smiled ruefully. “Perhaps we can get reimbursement from some of the richer cities less supportive of the cause.”

“It's worth a shot.” I said, hardly listening. I have gained the help of Barqa, but what will the rest of the resistance think? I smiled inwardly. To the Abyss with what they think! I am doing what is best for my people. That is all the reason I need.

To be continued...

Sorry, no build Pic.

:look:

Yep, this is an ABS reuse build. I think it works pretty well (and I built it with this in mind), so I think you'll forgive me. The floor pattern I'll have to credit to Full Plate, at least that's where I first saw it. I have used it before but not on this scale.

Also, and this is to everyone but to Gideon in particular; please tell me if I got anything wrong in my portrayal of current events or your character, Gideon, and I can fix it. :) Thanks!

Disclaimer:

Yes, I am changing factions. Let me explain.

First off, when I started noticing that practically every build I posted didn't have anything to do with a desert I started to wonder if my building style and collection fit (this was about half a year ago). When the Desert King won I almost decided to stay just for the fun of showing the resistance, but in the end I came up with an even better way for my story to play out that led me to Avalonia. I hope you understand, and while I will miss the Kaliphlin community (I'll be back to help the resistance whenever needed!) I still think this is for the best.

Sorry if I am treating this at all flippantly, but I'm happy right now. I just got Galactic Civilizations III.

:laugh:

Soli Deo Gloria & Sola Gracia!

Edited by Adair

Great portrayal of a Barqan administrative building! I like the floor design a lot (although it may look a tad too litte worn in an ancient Barqan building :wink:) and the walls have a suitable amount of texture.

Nice story and excellent dialogue also, the only error I could spot is that Gideon is actually a half-elf (unexpected to see him as a fleshie btw!).

Good luck in your new guild, but sad to see you leave Kaliphlin! However I'm not sure if guild switching is allowed at this point? Maybe you should continue the story and wait with the formal switch until book II is concluded? Last time switching was explicitly allowed was between book I and II.

Nice overall build. I love the floor technique, it really transforms the otherwise plain pattern into something really interesting with the added depth.

Beautiful color scheme and all around design here. Everything looks great, especially the leaving kaliphlin for Avalonia part! However, as Gideon said, I think you'll have to wait until book 3 for the change to be official.

That's a cool build! Book 3 might be a fair ways off yet, but I'd be interested to see you shifting guilds anyway. You always write great stories, and this is another!

Very nice build! Really like the pillars! :thumbup: Sorry to hear you'll be leaving Kaliphlin (though as others have pointed out I'm not sure switching is permitted at this precise moment), but I hope to continue seeing your builds even if they'll now be for the wrong guild. :wink:

Hmpf, going to a new guild, and still snubbing the best guild, which despite what various ignoramuses (naming no names of course,*cough* <insert a name that will offend you> *cough*) will claim, the best is Nocturnus. :hmpf_bad::cannon:

Oh, lovely build! I really like the floor, and Nice story!

I'm happy your in our team!

Edited by TitusV

That floor is great, may have to try it out sometime. So unofficially (and officially at some point) your going to be a green tight wearer..hmm look forward to your new builds.

Great portrayal of a Barqan administrative building! I like the floor design a lot (although it may look a tad too litte worn in an ancient Barqan building :wink:) and the walls have a suitable amount of texture.

Nice story and excellent dialogue also, the only error I could spot is that Gideon is actually a half-elf (unexpected to see him as a fleshie btw!).

Good luck in your new guild, but sad to see you leave Kaliphlin! However I'm not sure if guild switching is allowed at this point? Maybe you should continue the story and wait with the formal switch until book II is concluded? Last time switching was explicitly allowed was between book I and II.

Thanks! Ok, I'll try to fix that quickly.

Hmm... that's an idea. I did get explicit permission from Ska, but perhaps I could just be a Kaliphlinite in exile until then... how long, do you think, will it be? Another year or two?

Nice overall build. I love the floor technique, it really transforms the otherwise plain pattern into something really interesting with the added depth.

Thank you! Glad you like it!

Stunning work, I love that floor.

Thank you, Elostirion!

Beautiful color scheme and all around design here. Everything looks great, especially the leaving kaliphlin for Avalonia part! However, as Gideon said, I think you'll have to wait until book 3 for the change to be official.

Yeah, I might do that, Thanks!

That's a cool build! Book 3 might be a fair ways off yet, but I'd be interested to see you shifting guilds anyway. You always write great stories, and this is another!

Thank you, Vlad! That is very encouraging to me. :)

Very nice build! Really like the pillars! :thumbup: Sorry to hear you'll be leaving Kaliphlin (though as others have pointed out I'm not sure switching is permitted at this precise moment), but I hope to continue seeing your builds even if they'll now be for the wrong guild. :wink:

Thanks Kai! I'll still be Kaliphlin friendly, don't worry. :wink:

Hmpf, going to a new guild, and still snubbing the best guild, which despite what various ignoramuses (naming no names of course,*cough* <insert a name that will offend you> *cough*) will claim, the best is Nocturnus. :hmpf_bad::cannon:

:grin:

Oh, lovely build! I really like the floor, and Nice story!

I'm happy your in our team!

Thanks, Titus! Glad to be here/there, eventually. :wink:

It's going to be great to see you in Avalonia. Also, great story.

We'll have to see, but thank you. :)

That floor is great, may have to try it out sometime. So unofficially (and officially at some point) your going to be a green tight wearer..hmm look forward to your new builds.

Yeah... that. :laugh: I'll look forward to building them, though I might be bringing an interesting style to Avalonia.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies and advice!

Not much to say that hasn't been said, so great job! :thumbup:

Thanks, Hammerhand!

Nice one! The combination of that floor, the columns and raised platforms is amazing

Thank you! Glad you like it!

Sweet floor technique, and I like those small d. bley pillars :thumbup: And you did well using the ABS seed part as chair arms. Interesting twist to the story, didn't see that coming :oh3:

Sweet floor technique, and I like those small d. bley pillars :thumbup: And you did well using the ABS seed part as chair arms. Interesting twist to the story, didn't see that coming :oh3:

Thanks Isaac! Glad you like the chairs!

It should get more interesting, Lord willing. :wink:

Sweet! I like the windows and the rails :classic:

You like the rails? Well, thanks! I'm very glad you like them!