On the far corner of the Bastion harbour entrance lies this old Bastion.

Left behind by colonists, the Sea Rats now us it to defend their port entrance.

Every ship that tries to enter without permission, will have to answer to the 4 20pdr guns it houses.

23686329260_34f066dcdd_b.jpg

23526927573_7504b4fdf9_b.jpg

24153711185_1db88c8f87_b.jpg

24045641572_ccac4bfa9c_b.jpg

24127611226_3cb9441d2f_b.jpg

24153710805_a14a430ee0_b.jpg

24071097921_a2e52a99c4_b.jpg

Originally I had built it for the Sea Rats introduction thread, butI though I'd just share some more picture for your viewing pleasure.

I will not put it in the ESG, as I will be playing for Eslandola. Hope you like this build, thank you for looking!

This is a really good build :) I really like the corny walls and they look good and old :)

Sweet pirate bastion!!! It has the perfect Pirate atmosphere :)

I love the sandgreen touches and the almost collapsing jetty :D

Dr Spock you are free to raid their ships, I guess that counts as donating :)

Very nice fortress capt. Green Hair. I like the look that it appears to be mended quit some times.

As long as their canons work it counts as an protection against I wanted visitors of Bastion.

Edited by Bart

Super awesome small fortress Captain Green Hair!

Small, but powerful with those 4 mighty guns!!

You weren't kidding when you said you were back - new avatar, new name (okay, not really new, just refurbished!) and a lovely pirate build to go with it. That's an excellent bastion. I like the colors/textures of the walls and the rockwork is good. It has a nice realistic weathered look to it and it's easily my favorite of the land-based builds posted here so far (even if it's in the "wrong" hands). And the amount of firepower is about right for something that size. Great work.

Hm, it is so beautiful we might have to take it from them!!! By the gods it must become property of the glorious state of Oleon and its gracious king! Welcome back Green Hair and looking forward to start looking again some masterpieces of yours.

PS: looking at the boat, i was wondering how many different ways are there in order to depict its sitting spots throught the history of LEGO mocing... :p

Edited by blackdeathgr

Great fortification and nice landscaping!

I'm also surprised by how well a simple baseplate worked in such a highly detailed build :classic:

As already mentioned. Perfect pirate atmosphere.

On top of it your rockwork and the brick combination to build the walls is just perfect.

Mostly not a fan of using plain baseplates to build upon, but it works really well here.

Love it ! pirate_classic.gif

Very nice weather-beaten fort! The four cannons make it look pretty imposing!

That texture of the wall is stunning. It really looks like something built quickly (originally) and then quickly refortified by its new owners, yet still solid and strong. Great work!

Also the rather simple yet detailed ground fits perfectly.

Excellent fort Captain Green Hair, the weathered look is captured very well, and it looks like a powerful deterrent to those not invited! pirate_wink.gif The landscaping and palms are quite suitable as well. Glad that you saw the light and joined Eslandola instead though! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_classic.gif

This is great! I don't often venture out into the pirate forums, but I'm glad this was frontpaged so I'm able to see this terrific work!

This is great! I don't often venture out into the pirate forums, but I'm glad this was frontpaged so I'm able to see this terrific work!

Don't forget to check all the other masterpieces at BoBS topics too. And do tell your friends and their mothers about these also! Feels nice to intrigue someone else besides us pirate lovers :)

Don't forget to check all the other masterpieces at BoBS topics too. And do tell your friends and their mothers about these also! Feels nice to intrigue someone else besides us pirate lovers :)

I hope those will be presented in their own threads as well so they can get the praise they deserve? :classic:

question about the game part of this fortress

Is it owned by the Sea Rats? do they get the yield? or Captain Green hair who build it (but is from another fraction)?

s it actually part of the defence of Bastion?

or de we (sea rats) have to build another that actually works, and this is just an out of game freebuild?

Bart

Thank you for all the nice replies guys, I really appreciate it!

question about the game part of this fortress

Is it owned by the Sea Rats? do they get the yield? or Captain Green hair who build it (but is from another fraction)?

s it actually part of the defence of Bastion?

or de we (sea rats) have to build another that actually works, and this is just an out of game freebuild?

Bart

The last. I had just build it for the intro thread and of course you can mention it, but it should not provide you or me points.