Sign in to follow this  
MiloNelsiano

[The Frozen Beyond, Cat. A] Hadrian's Pass

Hadrian's Pass is the only path leading from Mitgardia into Oros big enough for an army to march on. The Farwinds of Oros maintain a small keep in the middle of the pass a few miles south of the Mitgardian border. The keep stands in the center of the road, and when barricades are in place, the mountain pass is funneled down to the very small door to the keep. For an army to enter Oros from Mitgardia, they need to take the keep. When rumors of the Algus reached Oros, the keep was fortified and prepared for an invasion. Everyone had been informed of the effectiveness the Fire Shrub had on the Algus, so several rangers were sent out to carefully gather as much of the plant as possible. The flowers were thrown together into a large pot and ground into a mush. Hundreds of arrows were dipped in the mush to coat them with the substance. The substance was especially potent and burst each Algus into flames as they marched through the pass attempting to enter Avalonia. This worked so effectively, the only casualty inside the keep was one archer that mishandled an arrow and lit himself on fire. Thankfully, the other archers standing by were prepared for such an event, and were able to put him out with several barrels of water. He suffered some major burns, but survived.

23766928089_f664afe36f_c.jpg

24026637242_55731bc0bb_c.jpg

Edited by MiloNelsiano

Nice gatehouse! It's all too rare with gatehouses which have realistically small gates, my opinion is that most often builders put in a too large gate compared to the fortifications.

Interesting minifigs as well, it's not very common to see those torsos used?

Fairly simple keep, but quite a sturdy looking defense nonetheless! I like the addition of the wooden barricades outside :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback guys, this turned out a little more simple than I originally wanted, but I was pleased with it given a busy schedule.

Great Towes!

But can't they walk left or right arround?

The barricades on the sides would drastically slow their march and let the archers pick them off. It's not shown very well but they would extend out to the edges of the mountain where passage for an army would be impossible.

Nice gatehouse! It's all too rare with gatehouses which have realistically small gates, my opinion is that most often builders put in a too large gate compared to the fortifications.

Interesting minifigs as well, it's not very common to see those torsos used?

Thanks, I actually got one set of the ghosts in a copmike Christmas raffle 2? years ago. The other set I got when my father in law bought me the corsair set. I didn't really know what to do with them because they're so specific to the movie, but I think they work ok for avalonian soldiers.