Sign in to follow this  
notpennysboat

Hello from France :)

Hi everybody, I'm John, 31 years old (2015), I live in Lille, north of France.

I had my first Lego at 5 years old, I tried some themes and get stuck on Castle Theme when I was 9, Majisto was the first with his little shop (obviously named Merlin when I was 9) and a minifigs box with 3 Dragon Knights and one Wolfpack Renegade guy. The wolf guy and Majisto was good guys.

Then at 11, I had in about 2 years the entire collection of the Lion Royal Knights, so my medieval story began :-)

About 4 years ago, I finaly had the Dragon Knight Castle I so wanted when I was 11 so finally there was the good Lion guys on the hand, and the bad Dragon guys on the other hand.

So, I completed my originals sets with other different themes sets or minifigs you can create in Lego Store (queen, prince, princess, maids, witch, castle intendant...), and minifigs from the series (mermaids, centaur, ogre, witch, female bohemian, forest female, leprechaun, genie, scarecrow, fairy etc.. etc.. now I have a good collection CMF).

Later I realize Merlin couldn't live at Lion castle, with his family&friends, too many people in the Royal castle, it's not so big...so I customed him a real lair combining 4729 Dumbledore's Office and 4867 Hogwarts. With that, all the magic family has a real place.

Ditto with the bad guys, so many characters and stories now, there wasn't so place in the two big Dragon Knights sets, so I turned 6097 Night Lord's Castle into the Dark Castle with sorcerers, vampires, demons, witches, subordinates etc...

Now I'm 31 and still add some characters and sets in this medieval story, changed since 3 years ago as a "Medieval Fantasy Story" with spatiotemporal flaws [allows me the include Castle + pirates (collection when I was 9 + new) + City (cmf, costumed guys, TBBT, Space..) + LOTR/The Hobbit + Harry Potter + Pirates of the Caribbean + Elves + Star Wars + Super Heroes + BTTF + Scooby Doo + Santa Claus + Indiana Jones + Ninjago + Simpsons + Ghostbusters + Egypt + Female Scientists + Disney Princess + Friends + The Lone Ranger + The LEGO Movie + Scorpion Creator or just Creator + dinosaurs + ... ]

So I kept the storyline I had when I was kid [i was also playing with the other themes I had (pirates, town, aqua-thing...), Merlin has had some issues with magic and brought some people of other worlds and other time.]

Now, the spatiotemporal flaws have different origins, and the story is much more sophisticated. Finally all is about family, friendship, maybe love but included in family, friendship, relationships, noble-mindedness...

Soon, I'm gonna take in shop the Doctor Who set to add him in the Medieval Fantasy Story, more for the set, less for the characters except that wonderful angel :) That's all folks :)

post-148831-0-87656000-1451834760_thumb.jpg

Edited by notpennysboat

Hello everyone, how can I delete the 2 attachments I have ? I would like to post a photo of mine but I don't find the way to delete the 2 previous attachments. Even with a Flickr link, I don't succeed with it so I would like to erase the 2 attachments I have on my profil :) Thank you

Enchanté John, thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself (even after 250 posts! lol).

Your Castle collection sounds like it's been through quite a storied history indeed.

My own collection was small when I was a kid but increased massively once I had a kid of my own :laugh:

Personally, I missed out on the Dragon Knights as I'd entered my dark ages by then, but I still have my Crusaders, Black Falcon and Forest Men minifigures and keep a special place for them.

I think your castle looks great and it's nice to see it in display inside a glass cabinet.

On 11/17/2018 at 6:47 AM, notpennysboat said:

Hello everyone, how can I delete the 2 attachments I have ? I would like to post a photo of mine but I don't find the way to delete the 2 previous attachments. Even with a Flickr link, I don't succeed with it so I would like to erase the 2 attachments I have on my profil :) Thank you

What photo are you talking about? You could just delete the photo from Flickr itself.

22 hours ago, leafan said:

Enchanté John, thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself (even after 250 posts! lol).

Well this topic was posted in 2016..

On 11/18/2018 at 12:33 AM, JarJarBonks said:

Well this topic was posted in 2016..

Ah yes *oh2*

That 2 year bump message really threw me.

On 11/18/2018 at 1:33 AM, JarJarBonks said:

What photo are you talking about? You could just delete the photo from Flickr itself.

Well, I'm talking about the photos that you can upload on Eurobricks. When you click on your profil at the top right, it is the part "My attachments", it can support just 100kB, I have uploaded 2 photos long time ago, so this "My attachments" part is full, I would like to delete the 2 photos but I don't succeed.

On 11/17/2018 at 3:11 AM, leafan said:

Your Castle collection sounds like it's been through quite a storied history indeed.

My own collection was small when I was a kid but increased massively once I had a kid of my own :laugh:

Personally, I missed out on the Dragon Knights as I'd entered my dark ages by then, but I still have my Crusaders, Black Falcon and Forest Men minifigures and keep a special place for them.

I think your castle looks great and it's nice to see it in display inside a glass cabinet.

Thank you :) Your collection sounds great too, with Crusaders, Black Falcon, Forestmen... I love the hideout set from Forestmen wave, and also 2 or 3 sets in this collection that I want. My castle doesn't look like this anymore... The fairies are now about 15 so they had to leave the place and the castle is now occupied by several maids, handmaidens, cooks. Plus the King has now 4 childrens and 3 refugees sisters who's also queens with 3 consort kings, each royal couple has 4 children. So that makes a lot a people :tongue:
I recently found the "Post your army" part on the site and I wanted to start posting in it with my Amazons army, that's why I would like to delete the photos on Eurobricks to post that. I succeed on Flickr, the Amazons photo is on Flickr, but I don't succeed to put the link in here, each time I use the Flickr option to post, the link become red and nothing happens.

edit : I just read my presentation again, today I would not say like that but that's okay. I realize that I had that great statue that I wanted so much, and can even now post a photo with my Statues army (little army, about 7 or 8 statues)

Edited by notpennysboat

Bienvenue !

welcome to our community ! Hope to see you're builds in the medieval subforum !