mallou

MOC - Castle and village under Attack

Hi all,

I've not been posting since a while and this is because I was working on a big project. I had all these castle parts laying around and never found the opportunity to work on a real medieval build. So this is my fist castle theme MOC.I made it in peace and in War version.

Hope you guys like it.

Thanks!

In Peace version Album:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskouPtLc

In War version Album:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsknRL2SS

--------------- In Peace-----------

22663619792_0d3e7171b9_k.jpgIMG_0443 by Bruno Figueira, on Flickr

22677145005_68df56d6eb_k.jpgIMG_0471 by Bruno Figueira, on Flickr

22056164913_619c550709_k.jpgIMG_0325 by Bruno Figueira, on Flickr

22489333540_b437b969cd_k.jpgIMG_0342 by Bruno Figueira, on Flickr

----------------- In War ------------------

22679698165_2ff1731927_k.jpgIMG_0561 by Bruno Figueira, on Flickr

22679646825_52eac73e7c_k.jpgIMG_0594 by Bruno Figueira, on Flickr

22679665225_603f280e6a_k.jpgIMG_0584 by Bruno Figueira, on Flickr

22491672520_2a41a9eb3b_k.jpgIMG_0619 by Bruno Figueira, on Flickr

Edited by mallou

For an experienced builder, this would be very cool. For a first medieval MOC, this is just AWESOME!

Congratulations!

Awesome build !

I like the peaceful version more because of the village details showing the common folks.

Great job !

That is one large build....................anyway, nice work here. Keep it up!

Thanks to everybody for your kind comments. This MOC took me about 8 months to complete. At the end I couldn't stand it anymore and wanted so bad to move on another project but couldn't before this one was finished (since it was taking all my work space). After this experience, I'm not sure I will do any MOC that big in near future. but I had a lot of fun and it wont be my last medieval theme MOC for sure!

Quite an impressive layout for sure! I like how you included both a well detailed castle, and a large town layout :thumbup: The 2 towers in the back, with red roofs, and wooden battlements look really cool :wub:

Nice work setting several buildings at angles to the landscape as well :classic:

Wow! That's a lot of medieval lego in one place! :classic:

Some of my favourite parts in this build are the wooden roofs and the inside of the castle in general, as well as the windmill. The landscaping in general in this build is very nice and I especially like the shores.

Several parts of this look like great MOCs in their own right and would merit their own threads. Are you keeping some of the buildings or other elements in this diorama still intact?

What I however fail to see in your presentation is where this build is placed in the Guilds of Historica context? Is there a backstory in Historica tied to this...?

Judging by the lion insignia it looks to have ties to Kaliphlin :classic:

If you are not interested in participating in the "free-form role-playing game" of GoH and only want to post this as a MOC in it's own right, I think it would reside better in the historic themes forum (where it probably would get more views also) since this is just a subforum with builds sharing the common fantasy setting of Historica.

Hi Gideon,

Tank a lot for your opinion. I thought this was the forum for historical theme Mocs. I don't comfortable to post it again on main forum page. but next time I will.

no I didn't keep anything, once it's finished and I took my photos, I usually dismantle everything.

not sure about the faction. you seem to know it better so I believe you.

Ok, sorry about if my recruiting attempt was not obvious enough :classic:

What about: You are very welcome to join GoH, please pick the Kaliphlin guild!! :wink:

(To join you need to create a sigfig character and post it in one of the guilds' main threads, but after that we are not too hard on that the sigfig is used in every build unlike other similar "games" out there)

Edited by Gideon

tanks for moving :)

about the classic way I'm still working on my building techniques. next castle might use more modern techniques. well see :). but I'm happy you liked it.