I only just started this, many improvement to come.

23599493714_1d7912366c_z.jpg

Edited by JamesJT

Ohhohoh,finally technic doctor who!!!

Will look how it continues

Cool. Is it remote controlled? I tried to make one years ago out of an NXT but didn't have the parts for the body work.

It is 4 channel RC, the functions are:

1 Drive

2 Steering and turn head

3 Move arms

4 Lights (fire laser)

I will add 3&4 together and try to get the head-sucker-thing to move up and down.

I have some ideas for the shell but I will have to see what happens when I start clicking parts together.

I made some progress with the dalek. My 7 year old son did the lights for the dome and the guns/suckers. It is the first time he has played with technic.

23599493714_1d7912366c_z.jpg

Edited by JamesJT

^No chance as I don't own an NXT brick. I have often though a re-writable version of the sound brick (55206c02) would be very useful.

^No chance as I don't own an NXT brick. I have often though a re-writable version of the sound brick (55206c02) would be very useful.

That could work too. Didn't know that part existed. Looking forward to the result!

There are only 6 versions of the lego sound brick, sadly non of them say "Exterminate". Check prices on bricklink for the c04 version from 10196!

I would not normally use non-lego parts but I could buy one of these to dissect > http://www.halfords....i-plush-keyring

[media]

[media] Edited by JamesJT

Is there any chance you could build it using an NXT or EV3? This would allow you to play an EXTERMINATE! sample via RC. I mean, what's a Dalek without that? :tongue:

I tried that before on the NXT. The speaker is not very loud, you can barely hear exterminate in a noisy room. Not sure about the EV3 as I don't have one.

You had me at Dalek ... Then this :laugh:

My god your on my radar fellow Whovian .... Cant wait to se how this turns out !

Expect the Doctor to step up by your doorstep any day in the future or past to stop this madness of yours. You might be the dude who invented them to begin with. :wink:

Great work so far. :classic:

Edited by KlodsBrik

Looking great! If you had an EV3, you could make a D4L3K that goes around screaming the Dalek cry :)

The shape is looking great indeed.

I dont know technic pieces to well so i cant come with suggestions of part usage, but as you say something is missing. Texture perhaps.

However its looking fantastic so far, no doubt.

Great job ! :thumbup: