Sign in to follow this  
Zoshi

Favorite to Least Favorite Lego Video Games?

How would you rank the Lego games you've played? Or just say your favorite and least favorite :tongue:

Mine would be:

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga- I may be nostalgia blinded but this is not only my favorite lego games but one of my favorite games. Loved the levels, the environments, the music… everything! :wub:

Lego Indiana Jones- A lot of people don't seem to like this game much but I loved it. Sure it was short and the characters weren't as diverse as Star Wars or Batman, but I loved the level design, the music, the environments… being a huge Indiana Jones fan probably makes me a bit biased :blush:

Lego Marvel Superheroes- I feel like I'm one of the few people that dislikes the open worlds, but this game did it right. Not only was the hub world engaging(well, for the first couple hours, after a while it did get a bit repetitive…) but I didn't feel like the level design suffered because of the effort put into the hub world. But the flying races sucked. A lot.

Lego Star Wars 3: Clone Wars- Loved the TV series and was very excited for this game. The level design was great… when there were actually levels. The real time strategy type levels weren't awful but the fact that enemies couldn't destroy your buildings just made them dull after a while. Loved the rest of the game, however.

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4

Lego Batman

Lego Movie Videogame

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean- I have kind of a love-hate relationship with this game. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I can't stand it… and I'm not even exactly sure why.

Lego Batman 2- The levels were mostly good, but the rest of the Justice League really should have showed up much earlier. The hub world, apart from a few moments, felt terribly boring and lifeless. Most of the puzzles consisted of using Batman and Robin's suits to climb buildings… because apparently we didn't get enough of Batman and Robin in the main story. :hmpf_bad:

Lego Lord of the Rings- The level design just seemed too bland to me, and it really felt like most of the effort went into the open world which sucks because I don't like open worlds in these games much. Not terrible, just not really for me.

Lego Indy 2-Here's one that gets a lot of hate… and though I agree with most of the complaints about it, I still have a lot of fun playing through it. But the lack of free play and extremely short levels really take it down.

Lego Battles- Well, this one I had a hard time placing… I loved it when I was younger, but nowadays it just can't keep my interest.

Lego Batman 3- Just disappointing. I thought it would be the DC equivalent to Lego Marvel, but the level design seemed really poor in a lot of cases, the hub planets were awful, and respawning enemies everywhere. Loved the character roster though… just wish the actual game was as good :sceptic:

Lego The Hobbit- The only Lego game I still haven't 100%-ed. It felt too gimmicky and the characters were for the most part dull. Trying to remember which dwarf did what was a pain in the brick.

Lego Battles Ninjago- Same with Battles, but I didn't like this one as much.

I'm not going to write descriptions for all of them because I don't really have a lot to say about them… Also I'm too lazy :tongue:

LEGO Indiana Jones 2 was the worst.

LEGO Marvel Superheroes was the best.

I'm thinking LEGO Avengers will take the cake for the best though. The perfect games would be a revamped LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Probably just called "LEGO Star Wars" for the sake of simplicity! If you want to go original, a LEGO DW game. TT loves Doctor Who... All that love put into a game would be amazing!

I really liked LEGO Batman I, but Jurassic World is close behind. I'm not entirely sure why, but I didn't care for LEGO Lord of the Rings. I don't think I even finished all the Story levels. :sceptic:

Favorite "classic" game(s): LEGO Racers, closely followed by its sequel.

These were really, really fun games. They were really fun and brought a LEGO twist to the game in customizable cars, something lots of other games lacked.

Least favorite "classic" game(s): LEGO Loco, closely followed by Legoland Park builder

Don't get me wrong, these were ok games on their own, but they just didn't feel like LEGO games... They could easily have been sold as "Train Simulator" and Amusement Park Builder" and very few changes would have been made...

Favorite "current" game: LEGO Dimensions

Theme mash-up. Need I say more? Also, Doctor Who makes everything better.

Least favorite "current" game: The LEGO Movie video game

I don't really like this one as it didn't really bring anything new to the LEGO TT Games series, besides niche instruction building. One of the worst things about it was the lack of vehicle playability around the hub worlds. The hub worlds were small and uninspired, and the lack of vehicles compounded this.

Favorite game: Lego City Undercover. It's amazing what TT Games can come up with when they're not bound by a movie license. This game was amazing—good graphics, great characters and worldbuilding, and gameplay that is better than any other Lego game I've played.

Least favorite game: Lego Rock Raiders. Perhaps it had more to do with the computer I was using than with the game itself, but the game itself was basically unplayable for me back in the day due to all the awful glitches and crashes. Of modern games, my least favorite would be The Lego Movie Videogame for 3DS—I actually returned the game after I booted it up only to find that the game looked more like the Nintendo DS or Game Boy Advance titles than anything from a modern system, and seemingly featured no original dialogue or cutscenes.

Favorite "current" game: LEGO Dimensions

Theme mash-up. Need I say more? Also, Doctor Who makes everything better.

That's the big point of Dimensions, and I was disappointed. You can't actually mash up the characters.

The closest things you have to a "mash-up" is putting one character in another's vehicle or having specially programmed pairs interact with each other.

There's no actual customization. To me, it's one of the, if not the most disappointing game/s.

_

My favorite however, is definitely Lego City: Undercover. It was the most unique, and that's saying something for Lego games.

Edited by gamejutzu

That's the big point of Dimensions, and I was disappointed. You can't actually mash up the characters.

The closest things you have to a "mash-up" is putting one character in another's vehicle or having specially programmed pairs interact with each other.

There's no actual customization. To me, it's one of the, if not the most disappointing game/s.

_

My favorite however, is definitely Lego City: Undercover. It was the most unique, and that's saying something for Lego games.

But character customization goes against the very fiber of the game... How would they work that in with the character chips? Customization was one of the most "meh" aspects of every Lego game, and I'm actually glad they didn't try to shoehorn it into Lego Dimensions. Plus, the mashup occurred best in the levels, with enemies from a bunch of different franchises assaulting you in different worlds, with puzzles relating to many franchises at once. Anyway, to each his own, I guess...

Edited by legozebra

Favorite game: Lego City Undercover. It's amazing what TT Games can come up with when they're not bound by a movie license. This game was amazing—good graphics, great characters and worldbuilding, and gameplay that is better than any other Lego game I've played.

Got this one and Jurassic World for Christmas, haven't had the chance to start playing them yet but I'm excited.

Jurassic World

Ehhhhh, there's better choices than that in my opinion.

The free roam feels restricted, the characters are kinda hollow (they're only human; nothing too special to them), and some gameplay aspects are a bit discriminant in my opinion.

But character customization goes against the very fiber of the game... How would they work that in with the character chips? Customization was one of the most "meh" aspects of every Lego game, and I'm actually glad they didn't try to shoehorn it into Lego Dimensions. Plus, the mashup occurred best in the levels, with enemies from a bunch of different franchises assaulting you in different worlds, with puzzles relating to many franchises at once.

That's a good reason, for the customization, but still, the characters felt like a mod. They were just randomly placed in other worlds. It's like nobody took notice of them.

They could have at least had more communication between characters...

Edited by gamejutzu

Ehhhhh, there's better choices than that in my opinion.

The free roam feels restricted, the characters are kinda hollow (they're only human; nothing too special to them), and some gameplay aspects are a bit discriminant in my opinion.

That's a good reason, for the customization, but still, the characters felt like a mod. They were just randomly placed in other worlds. It's like nobody took notice of them.

They could have at least had more communication between characters...

There's actually a whole lot of idle character dialogue, as highlighted in this video (

), and character reactions to vehicles (
). Those things were the kinds of things I liked from the game...

There's actually a whole lot of idle character dialogue, as highlighted in this video, and character reactions to vehicles. Those things were the kinds of things I liked from the game...

I was looking for those videos! I could never find them...

But still, I myself don't think of it as a mashup, more like "put this character here. Amazing!"

Especially since there were only a few decent mashups. A lot of the franchises are pretty lame.

Edited by gamejutzu

I was looking for those videos! I could never find them...

But still, I myself don't think of it as a mashup, more like "put this character here. Amazing!"

Especially since there were only a few decent mashups. A lot of the franchises are pretty lame.

Eh, I guess that's your opinion of the franchises though. The only "lame" franchise I can think of that is near unanimous is Midway Arcade, and even that has a lot of nostalgic fans. All the other ones have large followings and are big pop culture icons, like DC, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, Portal, the Simpsons, etc

Edited by legozebra

I would say, out of the ones I've played:

1. LEGO Dimensions - Purely because it mixes up the gameplay with innovative uses of the Toy Pad unique to this game and provides a varied experience with the number of franchises on offer.

2. LEGO Marvel Superheroes - Best storyline in a LEGO game so far and massive hub world.

3. LEGO Racers - Never gets old. So good it gives Mario Kart a run for its money.

4. LEGO Batman: The Videogame - A LOT of fun and the storyline from the villains' perspective was brilliant (Why didn't this return in other LEGO games?)

5. LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 - Captured the key scenes well but maybe could have had a quicker pace.

6. LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures - Entertaining at the time but feels a bit out-dated now.

7. LEGO Jurassic World - Don't get me wrong, it's good. Just not to the standard of the LEGO games listed above.

8. The LEGO Movie Videogame - Enjoyable enough but spoilt by a few annoying bugs.

9. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Videogame - Varied. The early levels are great but the On Stranger Tides levels could have been better.

10. LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes - Plot feels a bit convulted to get Lex Luthor and The Joker together, plus takes a long time for Batman to contact Martian Hunter. Still good fun though.

11. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - This is one that could have been better if done now. I played the DS version and the controls were horrendous (tap the touch screen to jump?!?). The cutscenes are entertaining though.

12. LEGO Rockband - Fun for a while but quickly becomes forgettable.

13. LEGO Chess - Pretty simplistic but an alright time-waster. Nothing special though.

14. LEGO Racers 2- Didn't grip me as much as the first LEGO Racers. Felt like a completely different game (and not in a good way).

15. Legoland - The worst game I've ever played. The narrator's voice is annoying (as you'd expect from a CBeebies presenter), the graphics are terrible, the gameplay is boring...This should be fun but instead its just irritating.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

The only "lame" franchise I can think of that is near unanimous is Midway Arcade, and even that has a lot of nostalgic fans.

I mean, the mashups mix, very poorly. Who wants to mix Chima and The Simpsons together?

And I know that that's not all. But still, the mashups are in general (to me) not very interesting, while there are a few good ones.

Edited by gamejutzu

Favorite classic game: Lego Racers or Lego Chess. Racers has a lot of nostalgic value and being a Mario Kart fan, I loved the familiar elements and the twist of building your own character and upgrading power ups, and Chess was pure nostalgia all the way.

Least favorite classic game: Legoland. I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon growing up and thought Legoland would make the concept blossom to a new level, but it just didn't feel Lego-like to me. It was just a more confusing RCT with a Lego filter and needless story.

Favorite modern game: Dimensions or Lego Marvel. Dimensions is far more substantial than I originally gave it credit for. The toy pad integration adds another dimension, pardon the pun, to the game and makes it unique from the other tried and true Lego games of late. Plus they do justice for the franchises represented (Especially Dr. Who)

Lego Marvel is my favorite regular Lego game, but I have a feeling Avengers may overthrow it.

Least favorite modern game: Lego Movie or Lord of the Rings. Both felt like something was missing. Lego Movie was a scaled down version of a typical Lego game and felt kind of cheap, while Lord of the Rings was the glitchiest game I played, since I could never get past a section because an item would fail to spawn. It just didn't mix well to me.

But that's part of the fun. You can have so many bizarre mashups.

But (imo) it's not bizarre in the fun way.

Each to their own but that's exactly how I find it: having Bart Simpson pilot the TARDIS around Hill Valley is hilarious IMO.

Eh, alight. But to me, it's just missing a quality of a true mashup. Maybe if his wasn't a pay-to-play game it would be there?

Edited by gamejutzu

Top ten

1.LEGO Island xtreme stunts

2. LEGO Island

3.LEG Racers 2

4.LEGOLAND

5.LEGO Soccer mania

6.LEGO Universe

7. LEGO Dimensions

8.Drome racers

9.LEGO City under cover

10.LEGO Racers

Least fav (theres only 1)

Galidor

Sadly yes and how I curse it!

Now that you mention it, i vaguely remember the TV show and the game it came with. It really was uninspired as a theme as they did nothing creative with Galidor and from what I've read about it, had virtually nothing to do with LEGO at all. And that was in a time when things like Jack Stone and Drome Racers were still about in the early noughties.

I have not played Lego City, The Lego Movie, Lego Hobbit, Lego Dimensions, and pretty much all of the classic games which I should eventfully play. But here is the best to worst of the ones I have played.

Lego Marvel Superheroes

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 + Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7

Lego Lord Of The Rings

Lego Jurassic World

Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Lego Batman

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventure

Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Hoping Lego Avengers will make it in the top 5, Getting the game next Friday I believe.

Edited by Khscarymovie4