CM4Sci

Unreleased/Cancelled LEGO Sets

On 12/23/2018 at 2:27 PM, Capparezza said:

@Digger of Bricks Haha, thanks a lot for showing! Didn't know about Linking Leroy. Had 2 very big boxes full of 5,25" floppies for my "breadbox" C64, but that was something new for me :thumbup::classic:

Looks like @just2good has compiled another list of unreleased sets... :wink:

Hero Knights seems like the combination between Legends of Chima and Nexo Knights. Who knew TLG always had these ideas. 

Edited by Legoanonymous

WWW.Blacktronite.com seems to have disappeared....is the content available anywhere else?

On 3/19/2017 at 2:44 PM, Ronan said:

Do someone know about this? castle.png I'd like to see it better.

Since the thread's been dug up, might as well comment on this little pic. The woman in green seems to be wearing a green hennin (though that might be the picture quality) and the hennin piece was never made in green. (It could also be black, which wasn't produced until 2000, a few years after the rest of these minifigure parts). That to me points to this being a real prototype.

I just read this whole thread and it's pretty fun to see the things that people were wishing for that have since shown up: centaurs! hammerhead sharks! Crocodile locomotive!

I also don't see the V-22 Osprey set 42113 listed, but I guess it doesn't qualify for this thread as it did actually get released?

Terribly sorry to bump the thread, but I'm looking for a photo of a prototype set that I've seen years ago and just can't seem to find anywhere anymore. It was incredibly blurry and showed a sorta fairy-taleish castle in a forest, populated by strange minifigures with grotesquely oversized heads that made them resemble chibi characters (as far as I remember, they seemed to have these kind of parts instead of standard minifigure heads). Anyone knows where to find this one?

23 hours ago, 1974 said:

I too, once got as high as that :pir-huzzah1:

I don't know - and don't care - how high you got, but just for your information, I managed to find the photo I was talking about:

P1180076

Cool! :thumbup:

Is that from the Jamie Berard presentation where a lot of prototype stuff was reveiled?

2 hours ago, Corydoras said:

I don't know - and don't care - how high you got, but just for your information, I managed to find the photo I was talking about:

P1180076

Wow, that is so... strange. What is up with those weird weird minifigures with Homemaker heads? The Castle itself looks pretty cool though, this seems to be one of the few times we got a round-shaped Castle set in LEGO. 

Are there anymore prototypes of this kind out there? Perhaps more stuff that was revealed by Jamie Berard? 

It's very hard to see. Could also be BASIC heads :

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=4224c02&name=Basic Figure Finger Puppet Male (bfp002)&category=[Basic]#T=S&O={"ss":"DK","iconly":0}

Those castle walls are also very interesting! Standard 4444 pattern but they're 8W with a rim and about 10-11 bricks tall. Could be a proto, TLG have made tons af proto parts that never came in sets (just look at the Prohibition set)

Cheers,

Ole

Edit : I see a ton of proto pics in Mariann's Flickr stream (she's a member here but hasn't been active in a long time), so yes, it's from that presentation. I've send her a message ..

Also, all the proto pics have been posted here (some of them in much better quality) and discussed in length, but that one must have slipped through the cracks

I don't see any other proto pics I haven't seen before 'cept the mountain with lava flowing ...

Edited by 1974