Sign in to follow this  
kovacs

Winter Village: Antique store and an old house

Hello everyone!

Here is my "last-minute" creation for the Expand the Winter Village VI contest.

It's a 2 in 1 building. The main building is an antique store, but it's a little bit big if we compare it with other Winter Village LEGO sets, isn't it? That's why we can open it up and get two smaller, but more interesting buildings: an antique store and an old house. Hope you like my entry for the contest, please leave your opinion here, I can't wait to read it. :wink:

24006820681_cafd8a0f3e_c.jpg

23461165894_7434f17806_c.jpg

23461137444_b1d18dfe63_c.jpg

24006769401_b89aeb2278_c.jpg

23981189332_3dbc16ed42_c.jpg

Please fly to my Flickr album for more, detailed photos: Winter Village: Antique store and an old house

Happy holidays, and happy new year for everyone!

Very nice! I really like this. While you are correct that it might be a little larger than the other Winter Village sets, I think it can fit right in and the openable buildings would be better as the Winter Village sets than the official open back buildings. I don't really care for open back buildings, but your openable building has the best of both worlds.

Good luck in the contest!

Happily New Year

Andy D

I don't think it's noticeably oversized - on contrary I really like the size, being full complete building while remaining quite compact. It's interesting idea to make it double sided so one can change the appearence just by turning the model around. I personally prefer the dark red 1891 store. Regarding interior, it's no big deal there which is a bit shame. Some of these details are nice but the fact that both sections are just very narrow is very limiting. Also the sections under the roof seem a bit neglected, especially on the wider side, where there is just the bottom side of the 'snow' above minifigs heads :D

nice build, it's like a couple of modular building had an winter village baby :-)...

maybe a little bigger than usual, but could be great center of a winter town.

the use of colour is very nice, en i love the doll-house way of opening.