Sign in to follow this  
Willworkfortoys

Winter Village: The Gift Ship

The Gift Ship

Hello all, nice to meet you! Here is my entry for the Winter Village contest. The Gift Ship! Sometimes Santa and the elves like to get out of the shop and take boat ride around the Winter Village. They go sailing around fishing for gifts and sharing them with children around the coasts.

The Gift Ship comes complete with wrapping stations with ribbon and tape, rolls of wrapping paper, AND, get this, GIFTS!

I wanted to make something convertible since I feel like the past WV could give the option for closing up the backs without sacrificing a lot and increase play value and display options. I also felt that while always awesome the locomotives have been stealing the spotlight away from other perfectly good forms of transportation! I had much more planned but unfortunately I only had last night to work on this and things escalated pretty quickly in the building department. Hope you enjoy the photos and can find some techniques and brick combinations you like! Let's set sail! Thank you for looking and have a Happy New Year!!! More photos here: http://s916.photobuc...mpetition/story

IMG_2088_zpsit0tovtu.jpg

IMG_2083_zpsvmg7qdiv.jpg

IMG_2076_zpsxt4hk7zg.jpg

IMG_2054_zpsnawmlaja.jpg

IMG_2052_zpsk623lmg9.jpg

Not quite sure how the boat fits in....

But I really like the Gift Shop! Great size and great business addition to the Winter Village.

Happy New Year!

Andy D

This is different to what is expected for winter theme. The ship is not a typical winter transport, but it works ok. I was really surprised to see the cabin can be removed, and opened up for easy access. It sure looks very playfull. The open cardboxes are a nice detail.

Very unique (and well done) entry! I love how it fits together.

I bought a bunch of those yellow claw/tooth plates from PAB forever ago, buy haven't been able to really find a good use for them. This is brilliant! :thumbup:

Although it's interetsing idea to make the building on the boat, I don't like how it looks together... it just looks like a house cut in a half and gluesticked on some neglected boat base :) On big contrary, once opened the shop looks very nice and the interior is great too! For me, the attempt with the ship wasn't beneficial. But who knows, others might appreciate the origonal idea better :)