Sign in to follow this  
rodiziorobs

Winter Village: Covered Bridge

View the whole Flickr album

23717069559_85aa6f4a54_c.jpg

It's the latest addition to the Winter Village series, the historic Winter Covered Bridge! Build the covered bridge and drive the truck through to cross the icy river (*river not included).

There is something for everyone along the country road by the historic covered bridge.

Help the two city workers get ready for the holidays as they decorate by hanging wreaths and strings of lights, and by changing the lampposts to festive colors! Join the kids in an epic snowball fight! Or spend time with the romantic couple as they share a walk through the trees and enjoy a box of tasty chocolates!

Drive the vintage truck up and down through the covered bridge.

Set includes 6 minifigures including two workers, two kids, and romantic couple.

Set includes unique lamppost with different color bulbs, park bench, and two different brick-built pine trees.

Accessories include a toolbox, box of chocolates, four wreaths, ladder, and a string of Christmas lights.

24002315031_38e23583c6_c.jpg

23456727544_84d021dd54_c.jpg

23789331290_a4c234f93b_c.jpg

24058986586_3c79bc6bbf_c.jpg

See more by rodiziorobs on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments and criticism welcome! Good luck to all contest entrants!

Nice work. I like the paneling detail on the outside of the bridge. I think the scale is nice also. Even though the men are in the process of decorating, I think the bridge would "fit" the village theme better if it was decorated more festively (maybe a wreath or two or a string of lights). Good luck in the contest.

Nicely done! Having visited New England I love covered bridges, although as far as I'm aware they're almost completely confined to that area. Certainly they're totally unknown in Europe.

I didn't read the title at first, and thought you made a wooden garage for the car. We don't have covered bridges here, so that was a bit of a surprise. The idea is nice, and the bridge walls are great looking. I like how you included two different designs for the trees, however I prefer the round one more. Well done!

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Admittedly covered bridges aren't abundant everywhere in the world (there are none where I currently live, either), but whenever I see non-Lego winter village displays it seems like there is always a covered bridge. Given that the contest challenge was to find something Lego hasn't made as an official WV set yet, it seemed like a void waiting to be filled. That and they're so charming I've been wanting to do one for my own display for awhile, and am pretty pleased with how it turned out. :sweet:

I like how you included two different designs for the trees, however I prefer the round one more.

Thanks! I actually built about six completely different tree kinds this year for my own display, but some of the others were too big to include in this entry! I might make a separate thread to show them off later. :wink:

Edited by rodiziorobs