Snowy Castle dioramas have long been my favorite subject matter, so this was an extraordinarily fun build. This is my largest irregular base build to date, and features a full interior throughout the whole keep. The rockwork was made using my technic brick design, which you can see a tutorial on, here: Flickr

It's my personal favorite of all my builds so far, so I hope you all like it :classic:

The citizens of Nordheim are quite proud of their large keep, and can often be found feasting inside it's protective walls on cold wintry days.

overview.JPG

low.JPG

left.JPG

ba.JPG

keep.JPG

landscape.JPG

bush.JPG

path.JPG

oven.JPG

fire.JPG

third.JPG

See all the details here: link

Edited by soccerkid6

a bit of drool slides down my chin...

Congratulations, SK, you've just build the best castle I've ever seen!

Fantastic build. I love the use of brown, for some reason that's my favorite color to see in MOC's. You took a cold wintry scene and made it look very home-y and cozy. It's vibrant!

Lots to like here soccerkid, your snow is top notch and that lake is just so... cool! The light blue under the transclear is absolutely perfect. Then of course, the keep itself - great work there as always, the wooden structures have an almost gothic feel to them. And a round of applause for including an interior! :thumbup:

I've been awaiting this ever since you said (a few weeks ago) that your best was yet to come late this month. That is a fantastic structure and the rocky snowscape is wonderful. The largely symmetrical tapered look is really nice and the use of brown and grey looks great. The interior is good as always and I like the little details like the girl reclined by the fireplace. The leaning, tilting snow-capped palisade is brilliant and the path climbing up through the snow looks nice. My favorite detail in the whole scene is the two cardinals in the tree, fitting for such a cozy peaceful scene. Excellent work and happy building in 2016!

There's so much to love in this build! The landscaping is top notch and the well balanced mix between stone and wood of the keep looks great too. :classic:

A couple of technical questions:

How are the palisade logs attached? Is the water/clear ice built with a SNOTed layer of medium blue under the SNOTed trams-clear or is it som other technique?

Great build, SK! I like how there are details to appreciate all over. Landscaping and architecture are both jaw-dropping. The interior is nice too.

As Gideon, I am wondering how you did the palisades. :)

Just stunning!!! I Love the atmosphere This moc has! The photo taken from the path showing the figs and the tower in the background is so full of life!!

Great work once again!

Excellent build SK, lovely landscape, especially the light blue under the water and the snow, though for some reason I really love your shot of the bush, not quite sure why! :wub: Stupendous work with the palisade and tower as well, both the wood and stone-work are superb, especially the wooden sections down lower :thumbup: Excellent interior too, my favorite part is the grate and fire in the downstairs fireplace!

What a magnificent build! The frozen water, the way you did the snowy hill, the winding path towards the gate (probably my favourite part of the whole build, it fits so great into the landscape), the crazy palisade, the harmony between grey and brown as colours, the straw roofs with patches of snow - so many things to love. Thanks for sharing!

I agree that this is one of your best yet. Once again the interiors are great! But also the whole landscape, the frozen water, the snow, the rockwork - they all look fantastic. This is a wonderful build. I'm impressed by the number of builds you pulled out for the CCC, but also by the quality they are.