Redhead1982

Winter Village: Train Station

My entry to the Expand the Winter Village Contest VI is a WV Train Station. I bought the sand green roof and pllates a couple years ago with a small rural train station in mind, and I finally found enough time and motivation to actually build it.

24047702396_3814e2d51c_c.jpg

The station lies in a rural area, and is not highly frequented, so the one platform is sufficient for all the train stopping at the station.

23991191011_cae20d5aa6_c.jpg

Close to the station is a semaphore signalling post.

23778113970_669f2ea7f7_c.jpg

The station is built from the rock found in a near by quarry.

23991189681_c6a76b5aca_c.jpg

Inside the station there's a table used as a ticket booth. Behind the table is a small wood burning furnace to keep the place warm in the winters. On the other side there's a bench for the passenger, and a small Christmas tree put up by the two employees of the station.

24073778605_b984475c71_c.jpg

More pictures can be found on my Flickr.

Lovely!

All very well co-ordinated and thought out.

Great façade, tower and side walls.

I would put that in my diorama in a flash.

Good luck in the contest, and keep clicking those bricks together!

Been a while since I saw this Hogwarts roof piece used in MOC :) It looks really nice here and whole model looks great. I think though that you could have included more christmas decorations or at least some pieces in different colors - whole thing looks a bit sad from outside with just three major colors, none of which is really a 'happy color' :)

Thanks for the comments. I understand what you mean, but I felt more decorations would be too much for such a small station. Not all buildings are busy with Christmas decorations. I was thinking of adding a second lamp post to the platform and hang some lights, but it looked a bit too much to me, so I removed it.

I think though that you could have included more christmas decorations or at least some pieces in different colors - whole thing looks a bit sad from outside with just three major colors, none of which is really a 'happy color' :)

Well, sand green is one of my favourite color, and it's a 'happy' one for me. :classic:

^ Your decision certainly makes the model more genuine looking, more towards reality :) It's just my feeling that winter village is somewhat supposed to be a bit excessively decorated and it's that fact what makes it so lovely. Not that wour model wasn't lovely - it surely is! ;)

I really like the look of the whole model: while its really detailed, it is also very clean looking without a lot of clutter. Good luck :thumbup:

The exterior of this train station is gorgeous.

Even though your snow technique is simple it just works to the fullest. As does your wall rock work.

I totally love it ! :wub:

I really like how it's different from the official WV sets and how it fits into the theme perfectly after all! Also, I really appreciate that it has all the "attributes" of a train station in such a small scale. If it was a real set, I'd go for it for sure! :classic: