Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Nion

Skavenport Bakery and Brewery

The Streets Of Skavenport

Skavenport Furrier

The great miracle of large cities is what holds together the jumble of dirt and noise and lunacy. Despite the heartfelt closeness between its inhabitants and their love for the city, the one thing that held together Skavenport was beer.

And the finest beer to be found was the Skaven Ale. But only a few larger breweries were allowed to call their mixture Skaven Ale, strictly regulated by purity laws and selection of only the finest ingredients. Brewing day always followed baking day, when yeast still filled the air in the houses. The workers were in good mood and many a song could be heared throughout the city:

The houses are filled by taste of bread

so every man can tell

its time to malt and cook and brew

to have our Skaven Ale

it keeps your heart warm and means you no harm

our finest Skaven Ale!

Once an old king layed down to die

his devious heir enjoyed

a jug full of ale and marrow came back

made him raise and speak to him

"there is still time to make a new son

more worth to be a king!"

And when my lady the day has come

for me to say farewell

slaughtered by axe, or stabbed by sword

enchanted by a spell

keep your last kiss cause all I miss

will be the Skaven Ale!

Such and many other ribald verses they sung, and they became very popular not only in Nocturnian taverns.

23988960331_905c17c816_b.jpg

24071493685_cce19f3187_b.jpg

23963336472_260b960551_c.jpg

23444725913_c26aa5b625_b.jpg

24045427776_5c3c087fe0_b.jpg

23775835280_467ba49178_h.jpg

23443294574_069ec0d5cb_b.jpg

Edited by Jacob Nion

Another great addition to your city, Sir Isentooth :thumbup: The brewery is just perfect, NPU with those couldrons too!

As always a brilliant build! This building seems a bit less flimsy than what we have seen earlier and it adds another dimension to Skavenport. I am liking it!

Will we ever see an overview shot of the outside? It seems like there is another building too! :)

Very nice build, great interior! For some reason I especially love the crossed legs of the table - mind if I borrow that technique? The stone work is really good! :thumbup:

Hope there is no hair in that beer jk. Awesome build, not often do you see civilian buildings with such well thought out design.

What a great interior build! I love all the little details you've added in, and the size of the build.

Wow! Your city becomes more every build!

Lots of nice little details, the drunk guy laying next to the barrel might be me tonight :D

Wonderful interior! One of the details that most stood out to me, was how you used SNOT plates to show a hole in the floor :thumbup: The cellar with all the arched recesses looks very realistic as well :classic:

This is awesome! I think my favourite thing about Skavenport is that we've seen lots of civilian Nocty builds. I love the cellar and the guy sweeping!

As I said on Flickr, great work, Jacob! I love the rat fishing for bread......

Another top class build from you, keep it up!

I agree with LV that it's fantastic to see so many civilian Nocturnus builds now :classic:

The build is full of details and just looks great. But not only your build is absolutely fantastic, the whole post you made was so nice to read. I love that drinking song. Keep it on!

Amazing build as others have said, but what stands out the most to me is the wall behind the stovepipes. The way the brown tiles are set make the wall look like it's bowed inwards a little. Great optical illusion!

Can just echo the praise! Absolutely stunning!! You have your own style to skavenport which I Love!!!

Fantastic build, Jacob! The stone texture, ground layering, and table design are all superb :thumbup:

Great detail with the rat fishing for the pretzel too :laugh: