Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

PICTORIAL REVIEW: 6259 Broadside's Brig

On a scale of 1 to 5  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 5 - Outstanding
    • 1 - Terrible

Noooooo!! I was reading this review to jog my memory of this set, as I was going to buy one on E-bay, but as I was about to click "Buy it now!" a message popped up saying "Item ended early with buy it now!"

Nice review, I love those pictorial reviews. so 5/5 for the review.

4/5 for the set (only because it is a bit small and has no cannon). I think I own it (shame on me, very soon I will take out all my LEGOs from storage and spend time with them).

The set is very good and fits very well with your other sets from the theme. Classic!

I have two of this set. It's pretty cool. The thing that I find the most interesting is how Lego sets have changed a lot over the years. The old sets from 20 years ago were all brick built...new ones incorporate different ways to build and pretty much have 0 bricks. I like the brick built ones better...they seem more Lego-like. I guess that's just because they're the ones I grew up with.

I have this set, I combined it with two Sabre Islands for my Soldier's port of operation. I put some additional white bricks between the sets to tie it all together..

I like this set, although the stones blocking the way shouldn't be there, it makes the building an 'under siege' look. Overall it is a small, nice addition to your collection.

But it could have been bigger. :pir_laugh2:

I like this set, although the stones blocking the way shouldn't be there, it makes the building an 'under siege' look. Overall it is a small, nice addition to your collection.

Is it true this set isn't to find anywhere? I've been searching almost everywhere but I can only find it on bricklink.

I don't believe this set is that rare...

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor

Nice review! :pir-classic: I just don't get why the set is called Broadside's Brig and yet he's not included in the set! :pir-hmpf_bad: It should be called "Random Imperial Brig" :pir-sceptic:

Ah. My first set that included Imperials. (When I say "Imperials", I don't speak of any specific faction, that's just my all-purpose term for all of the non- Islander enemies. Just saying this because I use that term a lot and I don't want anyone to get confused.) I love this little son of a gun. :pir_laugh2:

The head of the soldier is not very special, and it's just a bit empty, but the price is nice and there are also some very nice parts on it, like the weapons and the flag. I give it a 4

I absoulutley love this set and ones like it. The little outpost design is great and its aesy to add a boat. Its just great. :pir-classic:

A very fine review Imperial Scouts :pir-classic: But that pirate IS SO STUPID to walk up to a outpost unarmed :pir_wacko:

Great review of a good set!

One of several "architectural" small-to-mid sized sets that were a good source of pieces to create or customize Imperial forts - something I hope will make a reappearance in the new summer releases.

An okay set, but not incredible! A cheaper version of the Lagoon Lockup to be sure. Kind of cute/kind of sweet, but not exceptional in any way, I would say.

Although, thinking about it, this set would be great combined with some other imperial sets. I gave it a two though, but evidently most members seem to rate it at a much higher score.

Thanks for the review Scouts! The shopped first pic is lovely. :pir-wub: I gave it a four simply because it's an awesome parts pack for expanding your other Imperial installations - the arches, panels, flags, etc. are ubiquitous throughout the theme and thus immensely useful and just awesome to get in such a small set. If they released it today (at $8.75 especially!), hell, I'd buy dozens.

Yes, it is definitely great for the price. There is no arguing with that in my opinion! :pir_yoda:

OMG... Hundreds of my childhood memories are coming to my head!

That set it's simply wonderful, awesome... i just can't find the words! lol

My vote in the poll? Oustanting, of course.

Great review! I found broadside's brig on ebay foa a few euro. It's a great set with a lot of playability: 2 soldiers and a pirate. IMO, the only thing is missing is a boat to increase fun. but after this it's a great set!