Sign in to follow this  
MacGyver

Winter Village: Victorian Era Tools and Candy Stores

Good day!

Here's my contest entry: Victorian era tools and candy shops on Christmas eve:

23937676622_c0305e19cb_b.jpgDSC08481 by Nejc Roskar, on Flickr

Christmas spirit on the street - carolers singing, hot chestnuts are being sold, both stores are decorated (as well as street lamps):

23417588544_0a53fa11b7_b.jpgDSC08483 by Nejc Roskar, on Flickr

23750110490_f450893924_b.jpgDSC08486 by Nejc Roskar, on Flickr

We have four different compartments inside: in the bottom left is well equipped tool shop, next to it is a candy shop with decorated Christmas tree and candies on shelves. In the upper left room is fully loaded table waiting on a Christmas dinner and in the top right corner a family is decorating a tree. There is also a grandmother clock in there. All four compartments have a fire place:

24045698325_5b096610cf_b.jpgDSC08420 by Nejc Roskar, on Flickr

24019522316_031a1a98a6_b.jpgDSC08458 by Nejc Roskar, on Flickr

Everything (except the carriage) is mostly (in about 95%) built out of bricks from 4 official Lego sets: Winter Village Bakery, Toy Shop, Post Office and Cottage...

More pictures here: https://www.flickr.c...157662351937510

Best regards :classic:

Edited by MacGyver

Nice! I like how you did the shopfront on the hardware store.

Really nice!

I especially like the Christmas decorations, the interiors, the snow on the lampposts and the carriage.

Good chimneys, too. I like the fact you combined lbg/dbg with dark tan and flesh. Looks great.

Best of luck, and keep clicking those bricks together!

You did a great job creating this very busy scene with a rather limited selection of parts. The hardware store's front window looks beautiful, however my favourite part is the candy store interiors. I have a bit of sweet tooth. :blush:

Great build but is't it to much 'town like' for a Winter Willage? Two big street buildings beside small cabin-like houses... I think it is a bit out of place. If this contest was just about winter themed models, I'd give this nothing but thumbs up.

christmas in 4 rooms... 1 working all year towards christmas, 2 cooking together for a wonderful christmas diner, 3 a table ready for the family and a great christmas diner, 4 the living to come together with the whole family.

love this "little part of" the street, very nice and recognizable theme with a warm feeling...

Ha, does give me indeed a feel for the 'christmas spirit', while time has actually already passed.

Good job! Really nice!

Thank you for your kind comments!

Great build but is't it to much 'town like' for a Winter Willage? Two big street buildings beside small cabin-like houses... I think it is a bit out of place. If this contest was just about winter themed models, I'd give this nothing but thumbs up.

Well, I built it as a store + one apartment on top, so it's a similar concept as other WV sets, except it's a bit bigger :classic: ... It's also built as a sole structure, so you can think of it as the main building (or one of the main ones) at the centre of the village :classic:

Edited by MacGyver