This is my latest MOC, a simple supercar. My goal was to make a supercar with realistic proportions and motor placement (as low as possible), simple but reliable features and sturdy structure that would endure childs' play.

001.jpg

Features:

• Independent suspension
  • Hand of god and cockpit steering
  • Rear wheel drive
  • V8 fake engine
  • 3+R gearbox
  • adjustable rear wind/spoiler (from the cockpit)
  • scissor doors (it doesn't have remote operation)
  • everything opens

The model was play-tested by a 2,5 year old boy and a 4 year old girl.

The doors are locked by a simple mechanism and the bonnet is suspended by shocks.

Short video, some chassis photos and a LDD file is coming soon.

p1470220.jpg

p1470223_wide.jpg

p1470226_wide.jpg

p1470251_wide.jpg

p1470264.jpg

p1470213.jpg

p1470270.jpg

p1470271.jpg

More pictures (not public yet):

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=559472

Development story:

I started developing in February 2015, but that time I wanted a manual sequential gearbox and advanced suspension geometry. After about 10 iterations of the sequential gearbox, I failed to make a reliable gearbox that doesn't require big force to operate. The main problem was that the new driving rings require quite a big force to operate, and in many cases, the linkage failed to disengage one of them, leaving both driving rings in engaged state. I didn't want to use the old rings with the smooth connectors, because that is not quite legal (at least that was the consensus at that time). I wanted to build a model that uses 100% legal techniques, so I hat to let the sequential gearbox feature go, and set the new goals of a simple but reliable car focusing on good looks.

Edited by Lipko

Well, aint she a beauty :wub:

You sure did a good job making the car really low and sporty. Did you use any of the real cars as reference?

I really like the looks and al the nice details like the front splitter, orange wings and the taillights. superb job on styling. :thumbup:

But i am not sold on the colorscheme i think.

WOW, not exactly simple imho, excellent looking and nice amount of features!

I agree with tibivi though, the color scheme could probably be better, maybe all orange or yellow for that McLaren/Lambo look?

Simple!? We have differing opinions on what that word means :laugh: . Love the bodywork. I have to agree on the comments about colour scheme though.

Thank you for the comments!

About the color scheme: all orange would be awesome but still very hard to implement. All white: would be too expensive for me (at least this time). All red is an option, but we are all tired of red cars. I actually wanted to have light blue or green instead of the orange, but seems to be impossible yet.

Really great work, love how low the hood dips, and the taillights caught my eye. Maybe you could keep that black and white split but just replace the orange. Doesn't have to be a solid color scheme, two is really nice. 3 is always tricky to pull off.

If I built this, the word simple would disapear from my vocabulary :D at least in terms of my model description. Brilliant model! And the fact that it incorporates sturdy structure with no flimsy parts should be inspirtion for everyone :)

Indeed if this is "simple" I can't wait to see what you consider "complex". The curves, interior and colour scheme are awesome.

I love the all the colors. The subtle use of orange and white look great, and the red on the interior matches well. The simplicity of the driveline is refreshing to see.

Wow. Now this is realy a supercar. I realy like the bodywork. But the color scheme. I dont now. I am not a freak of too much diferent colors on 1 objekt. And yes , there is realy lot of technic functions in the car. God job.

seconded!

Thirded..... :classic: ... and perhaps to be a little more constructive in feedback.... I like your goals of building something that can be played with by small children. ALthough I don't think that they will appreciate all the details and accurate mechanics to a real vehicle the fact that you can accommodate to both adults and children is admirable.

Wow! There are some stunning lines in this beauty. :thumbup:

I love the curve of the rear fenders and the slope of the windshield. An almost perfectly closed interior, with all these curves is also quite a feat. Finally I really like the spring-assisted opening of the rear.

What I don't like are the bonnet (too many little elements, it misses the sleek, large surface beauty of the rear, allthough I really like the shape of the curved flexaxles) and the black part below the doors (also too many small elements, having fewer, larger elements would make the side look cleaner I think).

Too bad you couldn't incorporate a mechanism for the doors as well, but seeing the density of the build I don't think anyone could.

Still, it looks stunning :wub:

WOW, jaw dropping - what a beauty :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: - superb styling... one of the best curvings and panel work i have ever seen... if there would be instructions this would become a MUST build for me - a real eye catcher :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

and despite the number of colors it is no color vomit - but it is also great color work!

PS

maybe Torsten Spelz from http://pixelts.de.tl/ (who made already the BI for your Audi, Lipko) is willing making stepped pdf BI........ hope dies last :wink:

Edited by Kumbbl

Beautiful super car. The colors are... dare I say it... perfect!

Simple as in straight forward I think, because it doesn't look simple constructed.

Congrets on a wonderful Super car.

This really is a great car! I hope there are instructions for this one too. I still have your others built and on display

Congratulations to your greatest hit so far!

Your humbleness sounds ridiculous sometimes :grin:. “Simple, reliable, realistic, low as possible” – these attributes have been achieved to 100% in this model and you really don´t have to apologize for that! There is nothing simple at all to come to simple solutions, only beginners can´t prize that. You had the guts to revise everything again and again no matter what it costs to get to the final solutions and now it really pays off. More than that – you were plucky enough to go for that fantastic colour scheme - how can black- orange- white- grey-red be mixed together in harmony??

Absolutely nothing to criticize from my side, I just don´t have the right to do so. IMHO the year of supercars has got this one at the end as its best exhibit!