Sign in to follow this  
Actor Builder

Winter Village: Undertakers

Many felt that LEGO let us down with the most recent Winter Village set, which was just a remake of The Toy Shop.

To capitalize upon that feeling, I have created a Winter Village set with the sole purpose of being let down. Down six feet, that is.

Introducing: The Winter Village Undertakers!

23671127189_ae854f1a4a_o.jpgWinter Village Undertakers by Actor Builder, on Flickr

-Say goodbye to your loved ones this holiday season with the NEW Winter Village Undertakers!

-Loosely inspired by Vincent Price's "A Comedy of Terrors" , this lively and colorful set will be a wonderful addition to your Winter Village Collection!

-This set includes The Undertaker's office and Funeral Home, Coffin-Makers Workshop, Hearse, Graveyard and an Open Casket Ceremony!

-Minifigures include: Undertaker, Coffin Maker/Grave Digger, Sad Man, Sad Woman, Sad Boy, Sad Girl, Corpse, and Reverend B. Brickley!

Dig a hole in the graveyard!

24038960545_5373d8acf6_b.jpgThe Graveyard by Actor Builder, on Flickr

Take a ride in the hearse!

24038957935_33ed837955_b.jpgHearse by Actor Builder, on Flickr

Help make coffins in the shed!

23956632755_ec354f0e16_b.jpgGrave Digger's Shed by Actor Builder, on Flickr

Make funeral arrangements in the main building!

24038959805_1d75b7c44a_b.jpgUndertaker's Office Interior by Actor Builder, on Flickr

There are more pictures on my "flickR" page. I think this link shall work. Not the best quality, but holiday travels do what they do.

Thanks for viewing!

Comments and criticisms, puns and witticisms are welcome!

Edited by Actor Builder

Great build.

It somehow manages to give one the comfy christmas feeling even though its a funeral building.

The horse carriage is looking great as well !! :thumbup:

Great idea.

We've been toying with the idea of a graveyard in our WV for some time.

The hearse and the "coffin shed" are terrific.

Love the "respectful, placid smiles" on the minifigs :innocent2:

Best of luck, and keep clicking those bricks together.

What a unique concept, and well done :thumbup: The hearse is really nicely crafted - it it my favorite part of this build. I feel a bit sorry for the fellow who has to dig the grave in the frozen ground. The only thing that I'm too fond of is the large black chimney, it seems almost too prominent and very ominous...

what, no skeletons?

Nope! They were all busy playing poker.

It somehow manages to give one the comfy christmas feeling even though its a funeral building.

That was the idea! Glad to hear it worked out!

Love the "respectful, placid smiles" on the minifigs :innocent2:

Ha! Only the workers are smiling, because they get work every time someone dies.

The other minifigures are all sad. Or dead.

I won't forget this build anytime soon!

Wow! Thanks for the Super-Compliment! I'm glad I could carve something into your long-term memory!

The only thing that I'm too fond of is the large black chimney, it seems almost too prominent and very ominous...

Yes, I can understand how it would be seen that way.

The Large Black Chimney actually represents death, which is all too prominently and ominously looming over us all.

Thanks for the kind words, all!

Great detail in your entry Actor Builder. I love the horse drawn Hearse. Like the city not having enough medical facilities for the many minifigs esdin here, it needs a place to rest the dearly departed.

Great detail in your entry Actor Builder. I love the horse drawn Hearse. Like the city not having enough medical facilities for the many minifigs esdin here, it needs a place to rest the dearly departed.

Yes, the lack of hospitals is somewhat concerning. especially with Killer Super-Jumpers on the loose.

Very nice idea and construction! :classic:

Thanks!