Redhead1982

Modular Corner Neighborhood

After 7 months of on- and off-building, my Modular Corner Neighborhood is finally built. When I started building the three buildings, my only goal was to use only parts I had at home. Well, I failed that. :blush:

23901254462_e3aa7fd2aa_c.jpg

My favourite of the three is the corner building Cupcake Cafe despite the fact that it's the only half furnished. On the ground floor, there's the best Cupcake Cafe in town.

17347913885_be02fb325f_c.jpg

The top floors are empty, but not for long. The new owner is already moving in some of his furniture. The moving van is a recycled MOC from a long time ago.

23926938491_4cd3d1e398_c.jpg

The other modular building is the Grocery store. As the name implies, there's a Grocery store on the ground floor, and an appartment above.

16725424454_fde8985967_c.jpg

The store is small, but it has the basics. There's a nice variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh bread, dairy products, jams, etc. My inspiration for the store was the 10684 Supermarket Suitcase.

17347905725_11f8cf4c48_c.jpg

The middle floor of the Grocery store building is the living area. On one side there's a small kitchen, on the other a living room, and in between is the dining area.

20691148200_361f007b79_c.jpg

The top floor has a large bedroom and a bathroom.

23868082381_afdc7e05bf_c.jpg

The 16-wide building is residential. The ground floor has a kitchen, and door to a small terrace (I removed the wall for the photo session).

17160369540_94c39dbd5d_c.jpg

On the middle floor is a living room with a more modern furniture.

20879230195_254b5837a4_c.jpg

On the top floor is a bedroom with ensuite bathroom.

23950597805_48a063229f_c.jpg

The buildings can be rearranged in a linear layout.

23901253212_d5c153cb7a_c.jpg

I added some details also to the back of the Grocery store building, mostly to hide the large grey wall.

23641610239_f522f6b06b_c.jpg

The buildings have some details also on the back side.

23713786770_4f58e1d903_c.jpg

If you're interested in more details, you can have a look in my (picture heavy) Flickr album, as I didn't want to include too many photos here. Most of them I was taking during the building process so they're not perfect, but most of the details can be seen.

These are really great! They totally work by themselves and would also look good with the official modular line.

Building a grocery store modular with the signs from the Juniors Supermarket is on my to-do list too!

These look great together. I like all of the clever interior details, especially on the living areas of the buildings. Nice to see that you used your progress on these to write a modular building guide. :classic:

I Love It!!!

- the staircases in the rooms are my favorite

and they look very nice together to

Great Work!!!

Incredible work! I really like the modern touches in the traditional buildings (ie glass stairs, shower and coffee table) and the simple yet well-designed brownstone facade

Thanks for your comment, JDV. I should probably take some picture with the official sets, too. Juniors Supermarket set is pricey, but it's very playful and good as a starting material for larger store.

These are really great! They totally work by themselves and would also look good with the official modular line.

Building a grocery store modular with the signs from the Juniors Supermarket is on my to-do list too!

Thanks, Rick. I started the guide simply to stay in touch with the bricks, as I was half way through the maternity leave, and I knew I wouldn't be able to build every night or even every weak. On top of it, I had questions, mostly from my sister, about the building tips, so I thougth it might be interesting to actually document the building process.

These look great together. I like all of the clever interior details, especially on the living areas of the buildings. Nice to see that you used your progress on these to write a modular building guide. :classic:

I followed the progress on the web site.

Great to see the end result.

As usual, flawless and tasteful interiors, and a great block of buildings from the outside, too!

Hard to pick a favourite; I guess from the exterior it's the dark tan house, and interior is the 16 wide's kitchen.

Keep clicking those bricks together.

Those are great!

Thanks for the tutorial on your blog. I am new to the modular craze, and I've been reading along and learning from your wisdom. :classic:

After 7 months of on- and off-building, my Modular Corner Neighborhood is finally built. When I started building the three buildings, my only goal was to use only parts I had at home. Well, I failed that. :blush:

We all have this failure ^^^ at one time or another. ;) ;)

But This is a great corner! Worth all your time and any extra parts you had to procure. Keep up the great MOCs (especially your modulars)

Andy D

Very clean looking. Nice job! I know what you mean by off and on...you think of more ways to add more detail and to tweak...and then having places to buy bricks doesn't help either with the addiction of MOC'ing haha.

Thanks for following the blog, Withacee. Considering the posts were not very frequent, I'm glad I had followers. It's interesting to hear about other people's favourites. I'm very happy with the way the buildings turned out, but my boyfriend thinks I had made better buildings. My favourite is the corner building, though.

I followed the progress on the web site. Great to see the end result. As usual, flawless and tasteful interiors, and a great block of buildings from the outside, too! Hard to pick a favourite; I guess from the exterior it's the dark tan house, and interior is the 16 wide's kitchen. Keep clicking those bricks together.

I'm glad you found the tutorial interesting to read. I got the idea from my sister as she kept asking me, how I go about making the modulars. Hopefully, she'll post some of hers here soon. Have you made any modulars inspired by the tutorial?

Those are great! Thanks for the tutorial on your blog. I am new to the modular craze, and I've been reading along and learning from your wisdom. :classic:

Thanks. The interiors is what makes the building liveable. The corner sofa is something I'd love to enjoy at home, but there's not enough room, so we have a much smaller version. The glass stairs were heavily inspired by Deborah Higdon's design, and they've become my favourite way to build the stairs.

Your interiors are fantastic - especially love the corner sofa and glass stairs!!

Actually, I feel quite proud as I managed to build this set of buildings with only a few BL orders. I had to get some extra slopes for the roofs, but other thant that my large collection sufficed for the building.

We all have this failure ^^^ at one time or another. ;) ;) But This is a great corner! Worth all your time and any extra parts you had to procure. Keep up the great MOCs (especially your modulars) Andy D
Very clean looking. Nice job! I know what you mean by off and on...you think of more ways to add more detail and to tweak...and then having places to buy bricks doesn't help either with the addiction of MOC'ing haha.

Thanks for the compliments and liking the tutorial. I plan to do more, just have to get some time to start the prep work. I still want to finish the interiors of the corner building.

These are great. Love your work (and your modular tutorial).