marshal_banana

[MOC] Millennium Falcon - Still the coolest spaceship!

I've already admired this great build elsewhere in the www - lovely model. Examining it closer, I noticed that you took your cues for some elements from the Falcon Mike Psiaki started to build but propably never finished, like the wide flat cylinder-shapes on the top and bottom center of the main hull on which the main guns are mounted, or the build for the elements to both sides of the central axis that lead to the docking rings. I'd have used these, too. I only wished that the equatorial section sandwiched in-between the upper and lower hull plating would be narrower, maybe 3 studs wide instead of the 4 studs you used. That's high-end criticism, though, because your model still is top notch!

This is really an awesome MOC. Is this ship build in minifigure scale or is it slightly bigger. (I thought the UCS one is minifigure scale) Do you have more beautiful MOC's like this one. Keep up the great work

Edited by Koenta

Congratulations ! This is the best LEGO Millennium Falcon I've seen so far. I love the details, and the fact that even the bottom of the set looks incredible.

I hope we get to see more pictures, front view etc.

Impressive !

I love this build more than the UCS version. I like how looks smoother even with the added greeblings.

Holy crap that is beyond anything I've seen. Congratulations Marshal, it is a masterpiece. TLG please take notes!

Absolutely stunning MOC. I saw this on BB yesterday and spent quit some time looking at the images. It's really awesome. Love to see some WIP shots if you have some. Thanks for sharing ... And well done.

That's the best Falcon MOC I've seen so far. Your ship is so accurate it doesn't look like a lego set anymore. Great job :laugh:

I don't think any better could possibly be done. I wish Lego was selling that. How "proper" is the build? Aside from the pinched tubes, looks all proper to me.

Great pictures as well btw.

Edited by anothergol

I don't think any better could possibly be done. I wish Lego was selling that. How "proper" is the build? Aside from the pinched tubes, looks all proper to me.

Great pictures as well btw.

Agreed, looks like this is as good as it gets with a Lego-Version of the Millenium Falcon. Just mind-blowing how detailed and smoothed out it is, EVEN underneath *oh2*

Is there more info about the interior and the part count? Would be interesting to know what dimension we are talking about here. Only sad thing is that Lego might never release a Version that is this good....

EDIT: Okay, found the info :laugh:

Edited by BigEl

I looked at this, then looked at my UCS Falcon, and this MOC makes the UCS Falcon look like it doesnt have it where it counts

^ I followed the same procedure with the same final impression :D Incredible how this is changing perspective, UCS one still looked incredible 2 days ago!

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said with regards to how good this build looks.

The interesting thing on this is that it's to scale with the 7965 cockpit which works so much better than the 'frame' build on 10179.

I must admit... as much as I'm looking forward to the possibility of a new UCS release it would need to be as good as this build... otherwise it would seem lacking.

Like others have also said... I'd love to see an inventory on this to get some idea of how much it would be to build. I'd be VERY interested in starting this as a build as an alternative to BLing a 10179.

I suspect that we would probably be able to break down our 10179's and be a looong way towards being ready to build this.

...and since I already did the dish mod, I'm that many pieces closer. :tongue: