kabel

[ESL] Castillo de Nova Terreli

The Castillo de Nova Terreli is the largest structure errected on Nelisa so far. It sits on a hill overlooking the harbor of Nova Terrili and protects the settlement with it's heavy guns. Any assault on Eslandola's colonial capital would have to fail since nothing remains unseen from the eyes of those inhabiting the castle.

23373776013_22e572063a_c.jpg

(more pics later and more modules even later)

Great fortress, it really has that Spanish Eslandola vibe with the white plastered walls and red bricks showing underneath. From the looks of that first picture you posted the courtyard looks interesting. Can't wait to see more :sweet: . When you say "more modules will come later", do you mean this will become something like Thorshaven? Will you be making an entire fort with a village and stuff or a fortress with room for a ship to dock?

Thanks dude, glad the style got across!

Will you be making an entire fort with a village and stuff or a fortress with room for a ship to dock?

that is the plan. And hopefully I'll have some of it ready for the next BMA :wink:

WIP:

23200269234_91597f824d_z.jpg

It looks great already. The vibrant, flashy colors are perfect for these Caribbean style buildings.

So nice, I like your style a lot. The white building with red accents and the green leaves climbing on it make such a nice combo :wub: . I look very much forward to the other modules :thumbup:

Well thanks lads, glad you're all getting excitted about this as much as I am.

@everyone: feel free to grab a piece of land in Nova Terreli as well and make it a community effort!

@Vlad: Thorshaven is still intact and still expanding although my building pace on it has slowed down a little. However, I'm trying to use colors here that I wouldn't nessecarily use for Thorshaven. My biggest problem is though, that I also started a bigger Wild West layout ...

@Vlad: Thorshaven is still intact and still expanding although my building pace on it has slowed down a little. However, I'm trying to use colors here that I wouldn't nessecarily use for Thorshaven. My biggest problem is though, that I also started a bigger Wild West layout ...

Wow :oh: ! You must have a gigantic collection if you can build this Eslandola layout AND keep Thorshaven intact and expanding. It will be really cool to see both projects evolving, I'm sure :sweet: .

Excellent build kabel, lovely color-scheme and architecture, and the rockwork and vegetation are superb as well! :wub: I'll certainly enjoy watching Nova Terreli expand! :pir-sweet:

Really like the bright colors you're using here, and those type of barrel roofs are just so cool. Looking forward to watching this expand!

Lovely! Nice Colors and really cool rockwork. Looking forward to BMA next year!

Beautiful, I would love to see more pics of the roof and the arcades on the left side. The way you made the roof looks very cool on the arcades.

Sweeet!!!

I am already looking forward to Brickmania Antwerp 16 to see this in person!!!!! :D

Very good fort. It is exactly what I am thinking of an Eslandian style.

I have already planned and built a little house in this "spanish" colonial style. I will borrow you some techniques if it doesn't bother you...

thanks everybody for the positive feedback! I guess I'll add some pics of the courtyard tomorrow or so!

@Faladrin: go ahead and borrow, it's all cool.

BTW, this is what I used as an awesome source of inspiration:

This is indeed a fine fort. The architecture and colors are great and it has a wonderful shape. The rocks and vegetation around the base look nice as well; I especially like the overhang in the front. This is a very good build on its own, but if you keep adding as the WIP pic shows you'll have something tremendous. Keep it up.

thanks everybody for the positive feedback! I guess I'll add some pics of the courtyard tomorrow or so!

@Faladrin: go ahead and borrow, it's all cool.

Thank you very much ! I was looking to some Cuban photos for inspiration, the Colombian ones you found are great too.

Inspiring stuff, the more I see the more I want to sign up.

Just do it mate! :D I am sure you will enjoy this wonderfull world :)

This reminds me of the hacienda sets from the old Disney's Zorro starring Guy Williams. The fig on the horse even looks like George J. Lewis as Don Alejandro de la Vega.