BR 41-360

2-8-2 Steam Locomotive

Hello everybody,

under the tree you can find my new BR!

This time it's the turn of the BR41-360 a large steam locomotive suggested to me by Helos, a dear friend of mine! :wink:

br41-360-001.jpg

br41-360-002.jpg

br41-360-003.jpg

br41-360-004.jpg

br41-360-005.jpg

br41-360-006.jpg

The realization wouldn't have been possible without the custom rods supplied by zephyr1934 that I need to thank! :thumbup:

br41-360-007.jpg

br41-360-008.jpg

The locomotive is powered by two motors which are located inside the lego boiler, so no boiling water inside the structure... :grin:

br41-360-009.jpg

br41-360-010.jpg

Inside the tender are hidden the battery pack, the IR receiver plus a 9 volts battery to supply power to front and back lights

br41-360-032.jpg

The single on-off-on switch feeds the motors in position "One" and the motors plus lights when in position "Two"

br41-360-033.jpg

br41-360-011.jpg

br41-360-012.jpg

br41-360-013.jpg

Now enjoy the show... :laugh:

br41-360-014.jpg

br41-360-015.jpg

br41-360-016.jpg

br41-360-017.jpg

br41-360-018.jpg

br41-360-019.jpg

br41-360-020.jpg

br41-360-021.jpg

br41-360-022.jpg

br41-360-023.jpg

br41-360-024.jpg

br41-360-025.jpg

br41-360-026.jpg

br41-360-027.jpg

br41-360-028.jpg

br41-360-029.jpg

br41-360-030.jpg

br41-360-031.jpg

Now just one question...

locomotivebr-03.jpg

Is the BR collection complete?...at first glance it seems so ...but secretly I'm already looking forward to a new BR project! :tongue:

Merry Christmas to you all!!! :laugh:

Now again.... :tongue:

You are a perpetum mobile in the lego steam locomotive world.

Great work, as usual.

Dear Lego Train 12 Volts,

you’ve knocked me flat! Another one of my favorite locomotives (41 360 is in fact stationed in my home town Oberhausen, Germany! Thank you!! :laugh: ).

And what a model! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Everything about it is gorgeous, but I especially love those nice little details like the cab roof vents and the slanted cab sides.

And the tender is simply brilliant, with its very realistic twisted oil piping (41 360 is an oil-burning engine) and these detailed bogies.

Would you mind telling which part you used for the ladders on the tender back, as I hadn’t been able to find something like that when I needed it?

One small suggestion (but again, this is nitpicking): Would it be possible to add brakes between the driving wheels? There seems to be enough space for that.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year (with many new locomotives, I hope :wink: )

Sven

Edited by Tenderlok

Nice work like always! I love the great ideas I've always seen in your models like the handrails on the roof. The tender bogies are also of a great design.

But... Did you make the model just in such short time? Or were those models already built? And what happened to the others? Do you take them apart or do you build every model with 'new' parts?

I'm curious what we can expect now that your BR project ended!

You are a perpetum mobile in the lego steam locomotive world.

You're right ...I'm totally addicted! :laugh:

She's a monster!

Oh yes, along with the BR01, 22 and 53 this locomotive is part of the group of large steam engine :sweet:

Another one of my favorite locomotives (41 360 is in fact stationed in my home town Oberhausen, Germany! Thank you!! :laugh: ).

Wow, you're a lucky man! :laugh:

Would you mind telling which part you used for the ladders on the tender back, as I hadn’t been able to find something like that when I needed it?

One small suggestion (but again, this is nitpicking): Would it be possible to add brakes between the driving wheels? There seems to be enough space for that.

Those ladders 1 stud wide comes from zephyr1934, are custom parts as the piston rods.

About the brakes the space is enough but I should re-desig the frame to add ...and I'm not so patient :grin:

But... Did you make the model just in such short time? Or were those models already built? And what happened to the others? Do you take them apart or do you build every model with 'new' parts?

I'm curious what we can expect now that your BR project ended!

The planning was not very long, especially for the two previous BR (14 and 38), but the locomotives were all ready when I began to publish the first.

The BR are all assembled and built by purchasing new parts, I thought of doing a photo shoot with all together.

The next BR will be a real challenge, but I'm working on an american diesel locomotive these days :wink:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Stunning piece of machinery - I would love to see a rod-action vid. I have seen some excellent building by you too. Maybe it is time to build a huge shifting yard display to show all models at once? Hopefully, you didn't disassemble the other BR-models. I wishing you a productive 2016!

Wow! Very impressive. Do you have any pictures showing how the first wheel axle is working? I am working on a 2-8-4 and I can not get the first single axle wheels to stay on the track in curves.

Stunning piece of machinery - I would love to see a rod-action vid.

This is that I would see in this forum. Great Job

Wow! Very impressive. Do you have any pictures showing how the first wheel axle is working?

Hi everybody,

as promised here you can find the video of this new BR in action:

Happy new year to you all! :classic:

That's quite a locomotive. Very well thought out and built. All the details are fantastic and the lights give it that extra special touch.

That's quite a locomotive. All the details are fantastic and the lights give it that extra special touch.

Thanks Feuer Zug for you kind words! :classic:

Hmm I must bricklink the "steam locomotive" wheels... :)

Hurry up, I've just placed a new order for several red wheels! :wink:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Such a thing of beauty. Just needs some more studs visible and an octagonal boiler. Just kidding. Your attention to detail is incredible. I have been experimenting with valve gear but have not yet made anything as smooth, detailed and amazing as that. Love your work and can't wait to see a photo of them all together.

I am still amazed at your BR collection. I have personally looked at them for inspiration in my MOCs, specifically with my current 2-6-4 locomotive.

What (another) marvelous build! I could sit here for hours trying to figure out all of the tricks and techniques you've built in (hang on though, I've got to go answer the leaf springs in my tender first... grin). You are quite welcome for the rods, it is always neat to see someone take it up to 11 like this. So what did you do to color the red on the inside of the rods, is that paint, marker, ???

Such a thing of beauty. Just needs some more studs visible and an octagonal boiler.

I know what you mean ...I've seen your beautiful collection and the feeling of eighties, that I love! :thumbup:

I am still amazed at your BR collection. I have personally looked at them for inspiration in my MOCs, specifically with my current 2-6-4 locomotive.

I'm curious to see your work! :classic:

What (another) marvelous build! I could sit here for hours trying to figure out all of the tricks and techniques you've built in (hang on though, I've got to go answer the leaf springs in my tender first... grin). You are quite welcome for the rods, it is always neat to see someone take it up to 11 like this. So what did you do to color the red on the inside of the rods, is that paint, marker, ???

You're too kind master :wink: ...today I will place the new order for the custom rods. :thumbup:

The red inside the rods is a paint for models :classic:

I'm curious to see your work! :classic:

Just check out my thread called "Emerald Night class locomotives" where you will see some of my work, including my new WIP 2-6-4!