Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

Welcome to Oleon and BoBS! Really interesting sigfig, in story and minifig both. I look forward to seeing how the story progresses. 

Welcome to Oleon, Captain Leroux. Great to see another brave man join our ranks :classic:

If you have any questions regarding the whats and hows of BoBS, feel free to ask at any time.

Vive le Roi!

Welcome to the brick seas, monsieur Leroux. May your mixed heritage lead to no conflicting loyalties! ;)

Welcome to Oleon, Jean Pier. Great to see another compatriot on board.:pir-classic:

Welcome monsieur Jean Pier Deroux! Have a nice stay and always have fun! Also, keep your Regiment's men well fed and they will keep you out of trouble! :wink:

Vive le Roi!

Lieutenant Olivier Picard

Raised only by his dear father, Picard was taught the essentials of directional skills and navigational aptitude at a young age by his father (who was an expert for a small crew of merchants in his youth). Picard is the oldest of two boys born to the Picard name (his late mother Marianne died during child birth to Francois the youngest sibling). His father, Jacques, instilled ideals of free will and independence from faith in Olivier from very early on. These controversial teachings shaped the thinking and pragmatism Olivier brought to his approach to cartography and navigation. Olivier attended university and rose to the top of his class with ease. The esteemed military leaders of Oleon took notice of young Olivier's skill set upon his graduation. After a mere two years apart of the grand army of Oleon, Olivier gained the prestigious honor of becoming a Captain, becoming one of the youngest ever to lead as a captain under the blue and white flag.

After a heated debate during an officers dinner, Olivier's beliefs or, lack-thereof, were brought to light which resulted in a swift demotion to Lieutenant. 

Olivier is now awaiting assignment to explore New Terra in order to map out land forms not currently chartered; with his trusted and ambitious platoon, Olivier looks to serve Oleon in the advancement of knowledge and expansion of power. 

34214296206_55e9989bf3_k.jpggodard by django fett, on Flickr

(Pictured center)

Welcome to Bobs, Lieutenant Picard! Are you prepared to go where no man has gone before? ;)

I really like your intro. The element of conflict promises,to be a very interesting story hook, and I will be looking forward to seeing what final frontiers you will seek out! I only hope you are not taking up by the order of the faith for heresy! ;)

Welcome to BoBS, lieutenant Picard. 

Nice entry, I like the map on the wall, the halbard, the flag, and most importantly, these cool classic figs!

Vive le Roi!

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:36 PM, The_Ceaser said:

Now Captain Leroux commands an Infantry Regiment in the name of King Philip I and his glory!  

9 hours ago, Django Fett said:

Lieutenant Olivier Picard

Your accounts have been activated in the Account Summary. :thumbup: 

9 hours ago, Django Fett said:

Olivier is now awaiting assignment to explore New Terra in order to map out land forms not currently chartered

I recommend building a fast Class 2 Vessel (the size of the Renegade Runner or Cross Bone Clipper) and a small property (about 16x16). The licenses for these are free and provide you some income right away. :thumbup:  Plus you'd join in our successful merchant runs. :bonaparte: 

Welcome aboard Lieutenant Olivier Picard! The Brick Seas are blue (and white) and your future awaits you!

But seriously, you don't need to draw a map. Just drop a bottle of (blue) ink on the map and you are done. Everything is should be blue:grin:

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

9 hours ago, Phred said:

Your accounts have been activated in the Account Summary. :thumbup: 

I recommend building a fast Class 2 Vessel (the size of the Renegade Runner or Cross Bone Clipper) and a small property (about 16x16). The licenses for these are free and provide you some income right away. :thumbup:  Plus you'd join in our successful merchant runs. :bonaparte: 

I will certainly work on a small and speedy exploratory vessel for Picard and his team!

When can shareholders of the RNTC expect dividends or a statement of some sort on the status of their investment?

Hello! I've a question, when can I license my two last ships, i.e. the two I used for the cat.E, Can I license them now or I have wait? :pir-look:

3 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Hello! I've a question, when can I license my two last ships, i.e. the two I used for the cat.E, Can I license them now or I have wait? :pir-look:

Currently it doesn't make much sense to license ships, as the new ship licensing rules were just published and the new forms for licensing them haven't been finished yet as far as I can tell. Make sure to consider the upkeep while licensing them - with a class 6 and 8 (and no other ships licensed!) you can already expect 380 DBs in upkeep for every MRCA they are active. If I remember correctly, ships that aren't owned by you or your faction (as in: Marderian vessels; Eslandolan vessels; Garveyan vessels etc) in your entries will also need a story to explain how you have obtained them (I might be remembering the wrong thing there, but to me it certainly makes sense)

Thank you Legostone! I've been told about the same for the no-faction ships, a story is indeed needed to explain how they switched side, I'll build a scene to explain this. 

And yes, as you stated above, license and upkeep are quite expensive, so I think I'll try to keep the former-garvian ship for myself and sell the two-decker to la Royale.:wink:

@Bodi

I dont entirely agree with the classes Legostone proposes... The biggest of the two vessels is class 7 Max (she has the same amount of guns as Margot)

The other one would be a class 5 imho (just like you proposed yourself).

One small side note, your story was how about the Oleon vessel passed by the Garvey vessel without a single shot fired. Which is good, otherwise there would be war now between Oleon and Garvey.

So for acquiring that beautifull vessel, you will have to come up with a very clever explication to avoid hostilities between Oleon and Garvey...

I agree with you about the amount of guns Maxim, 55 (is it correct?) and 60 it's almost the same. Our two ships are very similar, don't be surprised, we all use prefab hulls and we should deal with the same restraints, i.e. width/length proportion, with a minor difference I think, mine is built with 6 midsections, which is already quite difficult to handle, I had to integrate a lot of bricks and plates on the keel to reinforce the hull, to avoid the sagging effect, is it the right term? Hope you know what I mean.:wink:

The smaller ship, the former garvian frigate, she has 22 guns on gundeck and 2 chasers, ofc, the Royal Shipyard will see to add some carronades or obusiers de vaisseau to complement its arsenal. With the increase in guns amount, it should arise a problem of rating, we'll deal with this issue in the ship licensing court, it's always fun to discuss these kinds of details.:laugh:

As you pointed out in your post, avoid hostility was a main concern when preparing our entry, I'll find a way to maintain this neutrality.

Hear ye, hear ye!

On behalf of our Humble and Merciful King...

Let it be known in the vastness of the Brick Seas, that following the Mardieran defeat, those Mardierans citizens that decide to leave their settlements for to fear of reprisals by the Eslandolans, are welcomed in every settlement of Oleon. A crown and noble funded housing program has started across the realm, in order to facilitate all the refugees that want to stay and thrive within our Kingdom. Not a single refugee should stay without a roof over his/her head. For the same reason priests of Poseidon have been recently summoned in our colonies and are trying to alleviate the refugees pain however they can.

Vive le Roi!

Hello dear compatriots!

It seems that the corries and the greenies are going after a certain captain Lorenzo and menacing to put him to martial court. I wonder if there's anything we could do about it, since the Mardierans are incapacitated for the moment and unable to protect their ownmen. We could offer him asylum or help him to disappear.

9 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Hello dear compatriots!

It seems that the corries and the greenies are going after a certain captain Lorenzo and menacing to put him to martial court. I wonder if there's anything we could do about it, since the Mardierans are incapacitated for the moment and unable to protect their ownmen. We could offer him asylum or help him to disappear.

Au contraire :laugh:

I started writing and posted this proposal before I saw your concerns :laugh:

3 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Au contraire :laugh:

I started writing and posted this proposal before I saw your concerns :laugh:

Great! Here I'm with you, there's no reason to persecute a brave soldier. By the way, in case of a Nay from Eslandolanders' Counsel, my offer is still valid.:grin:

Sure thing and a noble attitude of both @Bodi and @Maxim I. If things go down the drain, we will certainly veto as far as this certain Mardieran's fate is concerned.