Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

5 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Surely a representative of the RNTC would speak up if there was nothing to hide. :wink:

Representatives of the RNTC tend to be very busy during the day, but they do try to answer all complaints in a timely fashion.

9 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

So, I'm asking: would the RNTC please enlighten its stockholders about this expenditure now?

You are in fact assuming that the RNTC incurred an expenditure, or several expenditures for the 2.5K amount, something the company neither confirms nor denies.

An open letter, printed in a newspaper (ok, rather a one-pager coming out every week) published in Nova Terreli:

To the leadership of the RNTC, and to all those who listen,

I hold one preferred stock of the RNTC. My reason for buying was quite linear: It felt like in the riches of the new
world, opportunities for investment were the rarest ressource, and time for further personal ventures has always
been limited. Funding the RNTC efforts felt like a great opportunity to increase my family's assets in the long run.
There was no deeper calculation behind the investment.

When I bought the shares the conditions as well as the obligations of the RNTC were clear, as was the risk. As a
businessman I know that other good businessmen - just like myself - will not let minor political turmoils impact an
economic relationship at all. And again I can only stress that I and all other investors were aware of all risks that 
might or might not occur in the future.

While I highly support transparency for joint ventures, I insist that a one-time-investment does not give anyone
the right to ask for justification for every act the institution that he or she has invested in performs, or for every
move or direction they take. That would make the subjected of investment as rigid as the bureaucracy of a nation
and thus condemn it to failure. Investments do go beyond national borders, go beyond politics. Whether or not the
RNTC has decided to cut a deal with Mardier will surely be disclosed in a timely fashion at the quarterly report.
That is all I can and will ask for.

Every shareholder may decide at any point for him or herself to sell their shares in the RNTC, if they are dissatisfied
with the actions or the amount of transparency given by the RNTC leaders. You all know where to find me. And you
all know I will be glad to invest.

Juan Alfonso Fontonajo, mayor of Nova Terreli

On Thursday, February 09, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Maxim I said:

Me want some satisfaction as well. The reason behind the payment still isn't explained properly.

It would be a shame that I wake up, read my KPA and discover that Oleon made a dubious agreement with Mardier for a raid on a certain harbour next to one of their newest projects...

You mean that completely innocent harbour with its totally inoffensive founder who -of course- did not try to defraut Mardier of two particular isles? 

Seriously, I doubt Mardier is in need of a motivation from Oleon to raid your settlement. 

But I like the way your conspiracy theory goes- it would definitely be a great addition to the EGS to have a racketeering company investing in bribery, extorsion and corruption. I'm sure many pirates would be interested in shares :pir-classic:

Edited by Jacob Nion

You DO know Maxim that your words can be taken as an insult to our King and country, thus demanding that our dignity be restored, right? And that we withhold the right to wash out all this slandering of yours by challenging you to a duel... :pir-devil: 

I am not throwing some glove over there, but DO mind your business (or whatever else you are doing), else the pistols with their superb Oleander craftsmanship will speak... !!! Muhahahahaha!!!

3 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

I'm sure many pirates would be interested in shares :pir-classic:

Until such a time as the dishonest blackguards unite to create such an organization, you must be content with the RNTC. And for those who are unable or do not want to purchase stock on the open market, the company will sell stock to builders who wish to support the company's efforts.  

17 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Every shareholder may decide at any point for him or herself to sell their shares in the RNTC, if they are dissatisfied
with the actions or the amount of transparency given by the RNTC leaders. You all know where to find me. And you
all know I will be glad to invest.

Please note that the seller is required to inform the RNTC of the transaction. Otherwise they will continue to be listed as the shareholder and will receive the dividend and all other benefits from owning the stock.

7 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

You DO know Maxim that your words can be taken as an insult to our King and country, thus demanding that our dignity be restored, right? And that we withhold the right to wash out all this slandering of yours by challenging you to a duel... :pir-devil: 

I am not throwing some glove over there, but DO mind your business (or whatever else you are doing), else the pistols with their superb Oleander craftsmanship will speak... !!! Muhahahahaha!!!

How am I insulting when I never used an offensive word?

All I am asking (as shareholder of the RNTC) is why Mardier received 2,5k.

There are two Oleon builds in my Merchant Quay, for which I had to do the recruiting work. If it wasn't for Sebeus, I would have donated one of the houses to RNTC, just because I really wanted some Oleon represence. Except for the mysterious house, no one of Oleon was interested in my proposal (which is an effort for long lasting peace between me and the owner). I also build in Breshaun to tighten our relations. So from my side of our relation, I think I have proven already enough of my loyalty.

So don't blame me for warmonning and insulting when I am the one who offered very generous rights to whoever wanted to invest in Trador. Even Sea Rats were invited...

So lets turn the tables, I am feeling insulted by most Oleon guys for not trusting my good intentions and for rather being called "slandering" and "dishonest", while there is enough proof of the transactions being made.

Mes sincères salutations,

Lord Maximilian Damaximus

Edited by Maxim I

As I tried to say earlier, Maxim, making such accusations and demanding an explanation based solely on circumstantial evidence is really pushing it! :P So unless you have more evidence than the occurrence of similar sized amounts in an otherwise unspecified account sheet, I entirely understand (and agree with) BD.

You are, after all, accusing them of secretly paying your enemies, even suggesting that they are doing so to have them attack you, which would be only inches away from an act of war. And to make matters worse, you demand an explanation about internal Olean affairs! :O

While I am not necessarily disagreeing with you that it looks highly suspicious, and opens up for a lot of speculation(and who doesn't like speculation? ;) ) especially since nothing near an assurance to the contrary has been issued, I would personally have reacted more defensively against such accusations against my person and/or nation! :P

As BD says, you may prepare to either publicly withdraw your accusations and apologize, or be prepared to offer satisfaction. ;)

/Bregir

I am sure that Oleon hasn't paid Mardier to raid Elysabethtown. I never said that the transaction was for such a horrible thing. I only said I hope I am not reading such a story in the KPA.

so I hereby officially apologise for the illusion that Mardier would raid our settlements with payments from Oleon.

But I am not apologising for my question why Oleon has paid 2,5k to Mardier, a faction we are in war with and something that    can be considered as prooven.

As you pointed out, the reaction of Oleon is not helping them proving my accusations are false. So do they really want to duel me, knowing that the truth will be revealed somewhere in the future and taking the risk of losing their credibility?

I never spoke in the name of Eslandola, so   If my accusations are false, I only lose some reputation and I will have to fire my current agents...

Edited by Maxim I

Just now, Maxim I said:

I am sure that Oleon hasn't paid Mardier to raid Elysabethtown.

You did hint at it, though, which is as good as an accusation. :pir-wink:

Just now, Maxim I said:

can be considered as prooven.

I think Kwatchi showed that your socalled proof was highly inconclusive. And I haven't seen you produce more substantial proof (not even circumstantial evidence, in fact).

As to how this affects relations, I cannot say. I can only say that if Corrington had been the target of your accusations, Montoya would have been very concerned that a highly placed Eslandian should make such accusations, and would have demanded explanation from either the individual in question, or the Admius Legistrad. And as you may have seen, Corrington is watching how Eslandola acts on the international scene. :pir-wink:

Then, mylord @Maxim I your apology is invalid; as is your claim of the Mardieran isles south of Isla de Medio.

You cannot apologize for the accusation but at the same time indirectly stand by your question that naturally includes the accusation.

And as long as the so called 'republic' of Eslandola does not officially deny your claims your cause is wedded to your nation.

And considering your rank and position in Eslandola every word from you carries weight with Eslandolan politics. A noble man should know that.

Edited by Jacob Nion

12 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

Then, mylord @Maxim I your apology is invalid; as is your claim of the Mardieran isles south of Isla de Medio.

You cannot apologize for the accusation but at the same time indirectly stand by your question that naturally includes the accusation.

And as long as the so called 'republic' of Eslandola does not officially deny your claims your cause is wedded to your nation.

Then @Elostirion may feel free to state that Eslandola is not following my logic. I even think he already said he is not supporting my demand. He has a higher position then me (as mayor of our colonial capital), so I think this should count as sufficent.

Also, I have already withdrawn the claim of those small isles a few weeks ago. My claim was due to no proper information about La Sombra. The moment I received the official maps, I withdrew my claim on those small islands. You are right, that claim was invalid, but it was due to the fact that La Sombra wasn't properly cartographed.

And I apologised for the illusion of the accusion for a possible raid. 

But demanding why a faction has transferred money to an enemy, is a natural question considering the tensions between Eslandola and Mardier. If one of the Oleon officials would simply have said "we did not do that", I would have been satisfied and apologised. But they did not...

Two points:

1.) I fail to see how Oleon as a sovereign nation has to justify actions taken or not taken and answer to Eslandola. I also fail to see how the RNTC as a sovereign legal entity has to justify actions taken or not taken and answer to MAESTRO.

2.) Your demands here are based on the axiom 'If you are not with us, you are against us'. This sort of evil black-and-white, paranoid and threatening behavior will never be given into by issuing an answer. No matter the diplomatic, economic, or military costs. That's a principle.

29 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

But demanding why a faction has transferred money to an enemy

If you have conclusive, or even substantial evidence, produce it here, and your accusations will be justified. :pir-wink:

I can see how you would think what you claim is the case, but I can also see a million other explanations, based on the evidence I have seen.

14 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Two points:

1.) I fail to see how Oleon as a sovereign nation has to justify actions taken or not taken and answer to Eslandola. I also fail to see how the RNTC as a sovereign legal entity has to justify actions taken or not taken and answer to MAESTRO.

2.) Your demands here are based on the axiom 'If you are not with us, you are against us'. This sort of evil black-and-white, paranoid and threatening behavior will never be given into by issuing an answer. No matter the diplomatic, economic, or military costs. That's a principle.

Again, I am speaking in my own name. But even if it was in name of MAESTRO, who happens to be a tradepartner of Oleon, I think I did not do anything wrong when I asked this question.

Man this escalated quickly. I think I have already done enough to illustrate I am very friendly towards Oleon (Breshaun build, RNTC share holder, A WIP in Trador for the RNTC, 2 Oleon residents in Trador and Sebeus who is building a class 5HA for Oleon with my bricks and who already built the Dancing Ember with my bricks).

I never supported the claims of Eslandola towards Oleon, so I think you have to agree that from my part, I am investing in a durable relationship with Oleon. 

I never used my relations with Oleon to ask them to join our fight with Mardier, so the axiom "if you are not with us, you are against us" is not what I am striving for. 

The fun is leaving the game if one can't discover something and is not allowed to ask for an explanation towards his tradepartner.

I think I never said somewhere that I see this as an act that spoils our relationship, all I wanted is a simple answerd. Not every faction jumping on this cause and accusing me of false claims.

Here it ends my question. I officially apologise for demanding to a valuable tradepartner more information and hope I did not ruined the relations between the different factions.

Sorry

Hereby Captain B. Morgan considers the matter as solved.

Lord Damaximus made an accurate apology and has officially withdrawn his accusation and honour demands it that the affronted RNTC accept the pardon.

OoC: please don't mind maxim. Even though there was some escalation here, it was completely storywise and nothing personal. I am sure that everyone else will share this opinion.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Hey Maxim,

really, no harm done, don't worry :wink: You are indeed one of the few from both our factions to actively bolster good relations, which I appreciate very much :classic:

This 'no answer' policy is just a very basic principle thing - could have been directed at anyone and regarding any issue.

Oh, and while I start selling this I might as well mention this:

Garvey might control the Kraken, but Oleon now has a pet-pirate :D

OOC: Nobody be worried, this is just a joke towards @Jacob Nion :P

Edited by Legostone

38 minutes ago, Legostone said:

Oh, and while I start selling this I might as well mention this:

Garvey might control the Kraken, but Oleon now has a pet-pirate :D

Oh, I can't believe all the backstabbing words that are being written on this thread!!! Parate por Dios (to use that Eslandolan accent)!!!

@Maxim I: Just for the record, I am just messing with you. :pir-grin:

But you did make accusations without presenting proof. :pir-wink:

3 hours ago, Legostone said:

Oleon now has a pet-pirate :D

On 9.2.2017 at 9:56 PM, Kwatchi said:

For the so called merchant faction, the greenies are pretty hawkish; heck, they have been "employing" me for 2 months now to do their dirty work.  :devil:

LS, you spelled 'Eslandola' wrong :tongue:

1 hour ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

LS, you spelled 'Eslandola' wrong :tongue:

Is this an admission that King Fernando was indeed the rightful heir to the Oleon throne? :wink:

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

Is this an admission that Philip was indeed the rightful heir to the Oleon throne? :wink:

I am pretty sure Oleon will claim that their king is the rightful heir, yes... ;)