Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

Wanted to post up progress on my cog, I need to order more parts before I can continue (mostly hinge bricks and flex tube). C&C welcome, I've yet to to a stern decoration.

25949849081_8f89a956d3.jpg

That looks top notch Sarge. It looks like it's about a Class 4 sized vessel.

Thanks Phred! I guess my vessels might be a bit on the big side then, I figured it for a Class 2T, since that's how I'm rigging it.

Thanks Phred! I guess my vessels might be a bit on the big side then, I figured it for a Class 2T, since that's how I'm rigging it.

That vessel is looking real nice, Sarge. I can't wait to see her finished.

Rigging and rating isn't the same, though. Those types in the matrix are just examples, so you should definitely rate it after the size, number of guns, cargo hold, crew, etc. instead of rigging. A cog an be very small, or rather large. (class 1 to 4, maybe?)

Yours would be a great example of a class 4, I would say.

But I have to say, I think it would be a shame to rig her as a cog, really. The hull is looking more modern than that, and I would suggest you rig her as a large topsail cutter (as you only have one mast. Otherwise, I would suggest a brig rig or similar pirate_blush.gif ). I think that would look much better and much more fitting, but of course, it is also quite a lot more complicated! pirate_tong.gif

In any case, she is looking great, and I will be looking forward to seeing the final result! pirate_blush.gif

Sarge this hull is awesome and i too am looking forward of the result! One can never have enough hinges for this technique but doom spiro spero (I hope as long as i live) pirate_tong.gif

The hull is looking more modern than that, and I would suggest you rig her as a large topsail cutter (as you only have one mast. Otherwise, I would suggest a brig rig or similar pirate_blush.gif ).

This is exactly the kind of ship i had in mind when i entered BoBS and one of my favorites. I would like to see more of them (and i cannot bribe Bregir into MOCing one for me, since he has way more money than all of us combined!!)

Thanks guys, I'll give that topsail cutter rig a go. A brig or snow rig will be the next big one, for a white and blue corvette. That one has much less finished though, and is out of the rating system right now anyways.

This is exactly the kind of ship i had in mind when i entered BoBS and one of my favorites. I would like to see more of them (and i cannot bribe Bregir into MOCing one for me, since he has way more money than all of us combined!!)

I'd be willing to build one for you but I can't even finish this one until I get a job again (well, technically I can but I don't want to spend money unnecessarily in the meantime) XD. Once I'm back on my feet I'll punch a few vessels out for general Oleon use.

Thanks guys, I'll give that topsail cutter rig a go. A brig or snow rig will be the next big one, for a white and blue corvette. That one has much less finished though, and is out of the rating system right now anyways.

I'd be willing to build one for you but I can't even finish this one until I get a job again (well, technically I can but I don't want to spend money unnecessarily in the meantime) XD. Once I'm back on my feet I'll punch a few vessels out for general Oleon use.

Trust me, i know that feeling pirate_sad2.gif

Not (yet) licensed, as I'm not sure I'll have the 50 DB for the medium artisan license this month, but I'll post it in the Breshaun thread right away.

Did you add this to the free build topic?

Did you add this to the free build topic?

I added it here and here. Plus, registered it as a FB via the FB-Form, if it's that what you mean. No license yet. Also didn't add it to the 'Breshaun' thread's first post, 'cause I didn't want to screw your routine.

Did I forget anything?

IMG_20160329_083033126.jpg

Allow me to introduce to you Sir Admiral Duke!

He was the third born into a middle class Oleon family. At the age of 18 he shocked everyone, leaving the family tradition of becoming a great naval architect, as his oldest brother carried this family torch. He tried his hand at the army just like his second older brother and again he left that as well. Then he attempted to become a farmer much like his younger sister and knew he was destined for something else. Through his worldly travels he eventually left his fellow Oleonders, but brought with him their values and beliefs. His closest friends and family members have generally been heavily involved and high ranking members of the Oleon Church.

During a time of peace he found himself in the country of Corrington where he realized his true calling in life, which was being a great leader for those worthy enough to follow his success at sea. He grew to the rank of Admiral, and lead ships and ship convoys of all sizes. This is where he found he could navigate and shoot with the best of them, especially finding his edge during the hours of darkness. He longed to be closer to his family and having been betrayed by his new government in the division of royalties, he opened up communication with King Stéphan II of Oleon. The King offered Duke a position in his growing Navy, giving him aspirations to one day have more ships following his command. Duke accepted this offer and during times of peace he's found himself managing merchant vessels as well. He is ambitious and has plans to grow and finance his influence on this ever expanding world.

Duke, is that you?!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you haven't been very active around the Pirates forum for some time, aye?

You wouldn't happen to be related to a prominent member/staffer/all around good-guy (and Oleander) would you? :pir-wink:

Welcome to BoBS! (from a Corry). Your sigfig looks great - that new bicorne is a perfect match for that torso, even if you stole the uniform from a Redcoat. :grin: I like your intro story as well. It's good to see you here, and I look forward to seeing your contributions. :classic:

Oh, and nice avatar too. :wink:

Captain Dee, you're right I haven't been active for years, but I've not lost interest in my Legos. After recently moving, I have hastliy unpacked my Legos to contribute to BoBS.

Yes, sir I might happen to be related to a particular Pirate Mod.

Thank you for the compliments and my sigfig received influence from the above mentioned Pirate Mod.

Sarge, thank you for the warm welcome!

Brothers, correct? (He's a good man for the job, that Phreditor-in-Chief! :pir-grin: ) Somehow I remember reading some of your comments (catheads or something :pir-wink: ) on one of his old WIP topics from waaay back (and waaay before my time as an EB member) and I remembered the avatar; I can't help it since I drive the real thing almost 365 days of the year. I couldn't remember seeing any input from you since I started lurking 2.5 years ago, so it's great to see you back! And also great to see another Oleon member. :classic:

Edit: Deleted duplicate post. How did that happen??

Edited by Captain Dee

A warm official welcome to you, Sir Admiral Duke, Sir! Great to finally see your sigfig here thumbup.gif

May you and your fleet be blessed by Poseidon!

For the glory of the Empire!

I hope you'll be living up to your member title default_devg1.gifdefault_laugh2.gif

Captain Dee,

You are correct, he is my oldest brother and he certainly is a good person.

So, we have tractors in common! In real life I have always made friends with local farmers, who appreciate me driving their heavy equipment as my own therapy. The only John Deere I have apart from Ertl collectibles is a a vintage snowmobile.

Thank you Kolonialbeamter! I thought I should join Oleon before the 1st, so that I can contribute what I've been working on.

Living up to my title comes naturally, so watch out!

Welcome aboard! It's always nice to see another talented builder join Oleon, and I can't wait to see some of your builds (especially the ships).

Hello everyone!

I have decided to join Oleon, so let me introduce you to Baron Nicolas.

Baron Nicolas owns a small estate on one of Oleon islands, and a small group of mercenaries, servants, workers who are all loyal and respectful to their lord. Baron Nicolas finished military school and once he was an officer in Oleon army. Now, he is engaged in commerce, he loves horses, reading, art and relaxing in his workroom beside fireplace.

It is all for now.

Baron Nicolas and his loyal butler and friend Monsieur Alfonse.

25535758623_214718b2e9_z.jpg

Baron Nicolas by Nikola Đurić, on Flickr

25535756983_7642db376d_z.jpg

Baron Nicolas by Nikola Đurić, on Flickr

Welcome to Brethren of the Brick Seas Dzoni! Very nice intro!

Welcome aboard Dzoni90!

Suddenly Oleon has become the go-to faction.

Looking forward to seeing your creations. :classic:

Very nice build, Dzoni, excellent work with that furniture! Welcome to BoBS! pirate_wink.gif