Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

Great work, Khorne! It's really cool for you to base the parts on existing figs, rather than just making your own. And of course Oleon has the best artists.

Well I am a Corrie so I probably shouldn't be doing this however these are awesome drawings so I couldn't resist. I didn't have any Donald Duck legs so sorry about that, hopefully these will do.

TJus3DS.jpg

I like where all this is going - great figs, both on paper and in the brick!

@Lord Buckethead Wow, super cool of you to have made them! The Donald Duck legs for the "oriental" soldier are solely because they are yellow/light orange at the bottom and white at the top, which makes it look like knee breeches, which soldiers of this type mostly wore (English sepoys in India and French native forces in Indochina, for example). In absence of the Donald Duck legs I'd use normal white pants instead of the Saracen pants. You can also give the guy a regular musket, I armed him with a dadao and flintlock to spice up the drawing somewhat :tongue: . But these are only minor nitpicks. I love seeing people make the real figs based on my drawings :sweet: :thumbup:.

Hello! I'm working on this one lastly, a ship with parts from the set SIlent Mary, it's progressing slowly, part because I don't have enough time to spend on it, and I find it's hard to incorporate the superstructure of the Silent Mary in my ship, harder than building a ship from scratch. :sceptic:

15033890001_DISPLAY.jpg

3 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

@Bodi OH OH! multi-turreted ship! Another Oleander innovation! Read about it exclusively at "The Eltina Courrier"!!

Here's the news. The Eltina shipyard is having a strike, workers refuse to do their job unless we increase their salaries and quadruple their ration of rum.

In fact I hesitate to build either a twodecker warship (again:laugh:) or a large Terraman. In case of warship, I'll add another deck and equip it with 40 guns, or more, and in case of Terraman, well, it's simple, no guns and one single deck. 

Do we need more warships or merchant ships?

Nice ship, Bodi! I'm looking forward to seeing it completed! :classic: Probably it depends on how the next MRCA will be organized and how often we will have to face pirates, but in my opinion you should build the ship you like more, for example I prefer warships 

@Bodi We probably need another trade ship instead of another warship at this (peaceful) period but I guess you can build whatever you fancy most as both needs are not that urgent. I wouldn't like to answer it in public as our opponents are always watching 

Just now, blackdeathgr said:

@Bodi We probably need another trade ship instead of another warship at this (peaceful) period but I guess you can build whatever you fancy most as both needs are not that urgent. I wouldn't like to answer it in public as our opponents are always watching 

Wink Wink... :wink::wink:

On 2017/8/23 at 8:08 PM, Keymonus said:

Nice ship, Bodi! I'm looking forward to seeing it completed! :classic: Probably it depends on how the next MRCA will be organized and how often we will have to face pirates, but in my opinion you should build the ship you like more, for example I prefer warships 

Thank you Keymonus. I'm building the gun deck now, hope I can manage to find suitable places for those towers, don't know why they chose to install towers on the ship, it's absolutely pointless, unless for decorative purpose.  

13 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Aye sir, let's talk in secret.

7 hours ago, Bodi said:

Thank you Keymonus. I'm building the gun deck now, hope I can manage to find suitable places for those towers, don't know why they chose to install towers on the ship, it's absolutely pointless, unless for decorative purpose.  

Aye sir, let's talk in secret.

Ahahahahahaha! Oleon secrets in public?? Only at "The Eltina Courier"! The only newspaper that is so objective that actually spies on our internal affairs!!!

Hello Oleon members, I've been working on my entry for Mesabi's minichallenge in which I plan to include some Oleon soldiers. I don't really want to use the standard bluecoat torsos for these soldiers and so I decided to be a little bit experimental. I know that Oleon is somewhat based on France so how would you feel if I perhaps depicted soldiers from Oleon wearing uniforms similar to that of Pre-revolutionary France. Here is what I have made so far.

Si2uhBD.jpg

Edited by Lord Buckethead

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:34 AM, Lord Buckethead said:

how would you feel if I perhaps depicted soldiers from Oleon wearing uniforms similar to that of Pre-revolutionary France.

No issues here.  Troops like those would look awesome. :thumbup: