Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

In case he survived, it's possible that Captain Morgan found asylum in Oleon. What do you think? More speculation please!

1 minute ago, Jacob Nion said:

In case he survived, it's possible that Captain Morgan found asylum in Oleon. What do you think? More speculation please!

I think King's Port, given its total Independence, could also be an option you haven't thought about.

34 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

Oh, I so would like to build a scene of a bunch of ETWC troops snooping around secretly for him behind King Fernando's back - arrrg!  Wish I didn't have such a dreadfully long list of awesome things to build!  Might just get something done anyways, we'll see :grin:

12 hours ago, Bodi said:

Hello dear compatriots!

It seems that the corries and the greenies are going after a certain captain Lorenzo and menacing to put him to martial court. I wonder if there's anything we could do about it, since the Mardierans are incapacitated for the moment and unable to protect their ownmen. We could offer him asylum or help him to disappear.

1 hour ago, Jacob Nion said:

Captain Lorenzo, Captain Morgan... I believe Oleon is providing asylum to more than just one category of fugitives, refugees et al these days. And that's how our intel is being gathered.

3 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Captain Lorenzo, Captain Morgan... I believe Oleon is providing asylum to more than just one category of fugitives, refugees et al these days. And that's how our intel is being gathered.

Of course he survived, a great warrior, pirate, searat like captain Morgan never dies. It'll be a great honour to see such a legendary figure on the land of Oleon.

Hello guys! I just posted my Eltina shipyard as a freebuild. Can someone help me to license it as a factory, via the webforms? A shipyard is a factory if I'm not mistaken. Here's the link to my post : Shipyard in Eltina.

5 hours ago, Bodi said:

Hello guys! I just posted my Eltina shipyard as a freebuild. Can someone help me to license it as a factory, via the webforms? A shipyard is a factory if I'm not mistaken. Here's the link to my post : Shipyard in Eltina.

I think most shipyards so far were licenced as artisans, given the craftmanship and mostly unique appearance of each "product". A factory is more like massproducing one product under exavt same conditions.

But I don't know if someone would actually mind.

32 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

I think most shipyards so far were licenced as artisans, given the craftmanship and mostly unique appearance of each "product". A factory is more like massproducing one product under exavt same conditions.

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before somewhere and the conclusion was that both artesian or factory were acceptable. I can definitely think of at least one example that was licensed as a factory. Anyhow,

6 hours ago, Bodi said:

Can someone help me to license it as a factory, via the webforms?

Do you need someone to licence it for you (as in you can't access webforms)? Or do you need instructions on how to use the webform? Or are you asking your fellow Bluecoats for a loan? :pir_laugh2:

If option 2, access the webform here, then follow the bouncing ball.

Builder Name: Bodi

Faction: Oleon

Free Property: No

Challenge: N/A

Thread: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/152296-ol-fb-the-royal-shipyard-in-eltina/.

Size: Large (I think - it is >48x48 yes?)

Type: Factory/Artesian (your choice)

Property Type: None of the above

Settlement Location: Eltina (make sure your spelling is correct or it won't automate)

and submit!

4 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

Okey, it should be an artisan in this case, it's unlikely I can afford to massproduce an entire fleet.

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before somewhere and the conclusion was that both artesian or factory were acceptable. I can definitely think of at least one example that was licensed as a factory. Anyhow,

Do you need someone to licence it for you (as in you can't access webforms)? Or do you need instructions on how to use the webform? Or are you asking your fellow Bluecoats for a loan? :pir_laugh2:

If option 2, access the webform here, then follow the bouncing ball.

Builder Name: Bodi

Faction: Oleon

Free Property: No

Challenge: N/A

Thread: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/152296-ol-fb-the-royal-shipyard-in-eltina/.

Size: Large (I think - it is >48x48 yes?)

Type: Factory/Artesian (your choice)

Property Type: None of the above

Settlement Location: Eltina (make sure your spelling is correct or it won't automate)

and submit!

Thank you Ayrlego for the detailed explanation, in my case it's option 1, I don't have access to webforms due to connectivity problems. It would be great if someone can help me to license the shipyard in Eltina, preferably as a large factory:excited:, we need a factory in Eltina. I have about 400 db now, I think this sum can cover the licensing fee, aaannnnd I'm willing to offer a commission for the help.:sweet:

2 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

@BodiNo need for a commission, consider it licensed as a large factory!

Thank you Ayrlego! You have rendered me a great service.:sweet:

To all the Oleanders:

I know I am not your best neighbour, but let's give the future a chance!

Come join the Trador New Terra Soccer Cup! The perfect event for some networking, relaxing, drinking and entertaining!

Let's make our relationship strong (and your relations with Corrington and Sea Rats as well ofcourse)! :classic::thumbup:

Nice idea Maxim! 

I think we should have to coordinate our efforts if we want to send a sole team representing Oleon.

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

Nice idea Maxim! 

I think we should have to coordinate our efforts if we want to send a sole team representing Oleon.

Not really, Oleon members can send a team for:

-Breshaun, Lavalette, Windfall Island, ... (every settlement you got)

- RNTC or other organisations

- every vessel Oleon owns

- every different company Oleon owns

in other words, every player can send one or multiple squads :)

it would be a shame if there is only one Oleon blue team :p

Hi guys! Just popping in. I sometimes lurk in the shadows, roughly following the BoBS story. I don't have the time to build much anymore and most of my collection is stashed away, but I got inspired to draw something today and I wanted to share it with you guys. I noticed in the Corrington forum they posted some of their military units, so I tried my hand at making something for Oleon. I have some ideas for others as well. If I can find the time, I'll try and work those out too :classic: .

You can read the description on flickr.

36111691831_2615ec84d6_z.jpgMight of Oleon - Légion Etrangère by +Khorne, on Flickr

9 hours ago, Khorne said:

Hi guys! Just popping in. I sometimes lurk in the shadows, roughly following the BoBS story. I don't have the time to build much anymore and most of my collection is stashed away, but I got inspired to draw something today and I wanted to share it with you guys.

Wow, I am really impressed. A lovely picture and a fun addition to Oleon. The background was fun to read, too. Please keep these drawings coming as I'd love to see more of them.

@Khorne This is great! And as I also wrote on flickr, anything adds value to BoBS universe, as long as its creator enjoys making it! REALLY eager to see more of these awesome drawings! You do know that Oleon is a very artistic faction, right? :wink:

Great drawing Khorne, and great addition to BoBS!!! :pir-blush:

This is how one of yours legionnaires would look like "in brick life"

36362022436_2e3a1bb959_m.jpg

Hi guys! Thanks for the positive comments. Always great to read people love the drawing :grin: .

@Keymonus Cool to see a real life version of the drawing! I don't have the pieces myself to build one, so it's great to see someone else make it real :thumbup: .

I added some WIPs in the spoiler (don't want to clog up the thread). I don't really know how diverse the BoBS world is in terms of geographically different regions, but I thought it would be cool to draw some ethnically different soldiers. Kind of like Corrington had Sepoys in their line-up.

Spoiler

oleon_foreign.jpg

Left: Zouave/Tirailleur. Fez is dark red fez from the Indiana Jones line. Torso is Bespin Guard's from SW and the legs are those of the Collectible Minifig Saracen Knight. Head and hands are brown (the head is based on the SW Rogue One Rebel soldier head).

Right: "Oriental" Tirailleur. Standard Ninjago tan conical hat. Torso is the General's from The Lone Ranger and the legs are Donald Duck's. He's also wearing an Indiana Jones manbag.

I don't know when I'll be able to finish these in terms of coloring and background, so I thought I'd just pop the WIPs in here :classic: .

Those are both really cool, Khorne!  The one on the right kinda looks like a Sea Rat to me. :pir-grin:

3 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

The one on the right kinda looks like a Sea Rat to me. :pir-grin:

OMG! Insolence!!! :tongue: