Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

On 3/11/2017 at 1:29 PM, Kolonialbeamter said:

Typical... as soon as one cannot attach a price tag onto something, it's beyond the mental reach of a greenie :tongue:

Nothing is beyond the mental reach of creative marketing! :laugh: I wonder if it could have been an Eslandolan involved when creating the Order? In any case, I have to give my salute for a well executed scam.

6 minutes ago, Sir Stig said:

Nothing is beyond the mental reach of creative marketing! :laugh: I wonder if it could have been an Eslandolan involved when creating the Order? In any case, I have to give my salute for a well executed scam.

Agreed good sir! The greatest money making scams are the ones that move beyond being seen as a business! 

Edited by Umbra-Manis

On 3/11/2017 at 4:29 AM, Kolonialbeamter said:

Typical... as soon as one cannot attach a price tag onto something, it's beyond the mental reach of a greenie :tongue:

7 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

6 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Agreed good sir! The greatest money making scams are the ones that move beyond being seen as a business! 

And when Greenies can't attach a price tag to something, they resort to conspiracy theories.

49 minutes ago, Brandon Stark said:

And when Greenies can't attach a price tag to something, they resort to conspiracy theories.

Better than you Oleonese... just shutting your eyes and glibly swallowing whatever those priests of yours see fit to tell you.  No wonder there hasn't been a scientific innovation in Oleon for a couple hundred years! :pir-grin:

Sir Stig has a point though... there's probably some ex-Eslandian getting rich off all those gullible Oleonese.  Hmm...

8 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Clearly fake news... but sure, it's on pay-TV, so you greenies believe that blindly :tongue:

We wouldn't pay for that!

Thierry LaGaufre, Lieutenant des mousquetaires du Roi, en retraite.

14897465668_DISPLAY.jpg

Loyal servant of King of Oleon, Thierry LaGaufre's family fought for the glory and honor of the royal house for generations. Like all the warriors and knights of the region, he practices cold steel combat skills since his childhood, then, after entry in the Corps des mousquetoires du Roi, he learned how to use flintlocks. Years of exercices granted him a formidable physical strength, thus he prefers use blunt weapons and axes in combat. No need to say that all these activities took a lot of time, leaving him  very little opportunities to learn something else, for example, reading, so he is practically illeterate.

After half of his life spent in the army, he found a wife, got children, and eventually retired from the active service. He returned to his homeland, hoping to savour the warmness of family life. Now, hearing the call of the King to explore the New Terra, he decided to offer once again his service to his majesty. 

Aha, excellent use of those bananas there!  Very cool sig-fig (and hat!) mate, welcome to the world of BoBS! :pir-classic:

Welcome to EB and BoBS, @Bodi. Cool sigfig, and I agree that those bananas look great as part of that design. I look forward to seeing your contributions.

Welcome to the Brick Seas, Lieutenant LaGaufre, and very well built fleur-de-lis!

Shall be looking forward to following your story!

Thank you for your kind welcome, messieurs.

LaGaufre is working day and night on the construction of a 40-gun frigate, it should be able to join his majesty's navy in a couple of days.

Aaaand a very warm welcome et bienvenue from my side as well, Bodi, to Oleon, BoBS and EB in general. Glad to see you chose the correct color :wink:

That's a nice depiction of the Oleander flag, and - as CD and Bregir said - a very fine fleur-de-lys.

You'll shortly be invited to our Oleander group PM, and if you have any question - don't hesitate to ask :classic:

Oh, and I'm thrilled to see the outcome of your work on that frigate :excited: If you manage to finish her until Sunday, and are interested in joining our illustrious convoys, she'll be able to go on her first MCRA voyage right away.

Vive le Roi!

Thank you again for your kind words, my brave fellas, I'm touched.

I'm still reading the rules of the Bobs, need some time to assimilate all the contents, which are very entertaining and instructive.

Back to shipwright now, it's imperative to launch the ship today.:pir_wacko:

Welcome, Bodi! Can't wait to see the ship.

The ship is almost done. Now I have a question, should I post it as a free build or a licensed ship? In the case of licensed ship, what rate does it belong, and more importantly what should I do to license it, since I haven't any doubloon.

All builds can be posted as freebuilds unless they are for a challenge etc. Determining the class is trickier but I'm sure it can be figured out once it is posted/we see it. However, you mentioned a 40 gun frigate which would max out the present classes so I would say most likely a 5HA for now. 

In regard to finances your teammates might help you or there is the Bank of Corrington. 

3 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

All builds can be posted as freebuilds unless they are for a challenge etc. Determining the class is trickier but I'm sure it can be figured out once it is posted/we see it. However, you mentioned a 40 gun frigate which would max out the present classes so I would say most likely a 5HA for now. 

In regard to finances your teammates might help you or there is the Bank of Corrington. 

Thanks, Wolf, I posted it as a freebuild, a 5HA as you recommended.

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone is interested in ship purchase. A privateer ship  is currently on dry dock for repair and modification, it would be a waste to leave it in the state of inactivity. Any captain of Oleon seeking for the command of a quarterdeck is invited to place offer. In addition, the royal shipyard can modify the ship according to customer's need.

14900897638_DISPLAY.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone is interested in ship purchase. A privateer ship  is currently on dry dock for repair and modification, it would be a waste to leave it in the state of inactivity. Any captain of Oleon seeking for the command of a quarterdeck is invited to place offer. In addition, the royal shipyard can modify the ship according to customer's need.

(beautifull vessel picture used to be here)

Why don't you use her yourself? You can search for an investor or you can work with shares, (we used to do this a lot in the beginning to get those bigger vessels in the game).

Edited by Maxim I

26 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

Why don't you use her yourself? You can search for an investor or you can work with shares, (we used to do this a lot in the beginning to get those bigger vessels in the game).

The Bank of Corrington would be happy to help finance the vessel at a reasonable interest. :pir-blush:

@Bodi Also, nice looking vessel. Will be looking forward to seeing more! :pir-blush: