Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

Just now, Bregir said:

I am pretty sure Oleon will claim that their king is the rightful heir, yes... ;)

See my edit. it's so hard to keep track of these kings...

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

See my edit. it's so hard to keep track of these kings...

So happy I managed to quote you before the edit! :pir-grin:

Just now, Bregir said:

So happy I managed to quote you before the edit! :pir-grin:

Yes, you were quite speedy!

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 5:07 PM, Legostone said:

Oh, and while I start selling this I might as well mention this:

Garvey might control the Kraken, but Oleon now has a pet-pirate :D

OOC: Nobody be worried, this is just a joke towards @Jacob Nion :P

I can see only one nation desperate enough to employ pirates to do their scut work. 

Or did Eslandola go green with envy because Captain Morgan did not take their letter of marque?

Be that as it may- I will not acquiesce in a second insult, lad.

Captain Emile Perreault of The Athena
Emile Perreault comes from a decent family in the city. Not rich, but not poor. Thirsting for adventure, and also as a way to escape Oleon, Emile signed up with a cutthroat group of pirates and sails the seas. Along the way, he was able to become quartermaster of the crew and earned respect among his crewmates. A year after becoming quartermaster, Emile started yearning for something greater. What it was, he wasn't sure. It was at this point he returned home for Oleon, with several of his crewmates in tow. Back in Oleon, he realized he did miss sailing, but wanted to do more. With that, Emile Perreault decided he must become a privateer for the Empire and help expand her horizons. Perhaps he can even start a colony at some point. Now, he waits for The Athena to be ready for him to ship out. To the left of the picture are Rene and Gilbert. Rene is now the quartermaster, and Gilbert is the boatswain. Behind Emile is Henri, a former powder monkey now Rigger. The man with the pegleg is Randall, the sailing master. The gentleman with the ax is William, a pirate from Corrington who now swears allegiance to Oleon and serves as the head of the boarding crew. The sitting man in front is Jean, the master gunner.
emilecrewintro.png

Praise and blessings to Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades that a former brigand found his way back home. 

Welcome aboard. That's a nice introduction, and I'll be sure to keep a weather eye open for Emile's story. You should be added to Oleon's PMs soon, but in the meantime don't hesitate to ask any questions.:pir-classic:

Welcome to Oleon and BoBS, KotZ :classic:

Great choice of imperial color - the seas are blue after all. Nice to see your adventurous entourage ready to contribute to Oleon's glory :thumbup:

Quick LDD-tip: if you first place the head on a torso, and only then the scabbard, you'll avoid this 'long neck' effect.

May the Gods bless all your voyages!

10 hours ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Welcome to Oleon and BoBS, KotZ :classic:

Great choice of imperial color - the seas are blue after all. Nice to see your adventurous entourage ready to contribute to Oleon's glory :thumbup:

Quick LDD-tip: if you first place the head on a torso, and only then the scabbard, you'll avoid this 'long neck' effect.

I will certainly take that tip to heart! Thank you. And thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Now, is there anything needed anywhere? I'm still slightly confused on freebuilds and licensing. I know I can't license another ship yet, but what next?

9 minutes ago, KotZ said:

I will certainly take that tip to heart! Thank you. And thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Now, is there anything needed anywhere? I'm still slightly confused on freebuilds and licensing. I know I can't license another ship yet, but what next?

While I'm not one of the members of Oleon, I might be able to help you out here - first, as far as I can tell, Oleon is a very active in the naval aspect of the game, so if you decide to build another vessel it should be easy for you to find someone to sponsor the ship for you. If you need help for your next ship, the Shipwrights Guild Hall is welcoming everyone to participate. You also get a free license for a small property at the start, so feel free to build one, although a residence isn't recommended as the free one as it would only bring in 3 instead of 5 or 6 DB a month.
As well as that: Welcome!

13 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Now, is there anything needed anywhere? I'm still slightly confused on freebuilds and licensing. I know I can't license another ship yet, but what next?

First off, you can license another ship assuming you have the DBs to do so. If you don't have the DBs, I'm sure someone in Oleon will make you a loan, or you could always sell a ship MOC to earn some DBs.

As for licensing, it's simple. Once you build a MOC, see what category it fits (commerce, artisan, factory, etc.). From there, determine the size of the MOC and fill out the licensing paperwork. Once again, if a lack of DBs is the issue, you can find funding from someone Oleon (you can ask for funding in the Oleon PMs). You may also choose to build a specific property since settlements need to have a certain amount of properties to reach the next size. If there is any question about what to build or where to build, just ask in the Oleon PM and someone can get you more details. I should also note that some of Oleon's settlements will reward you with DBs for licensing a property there. This can help offset part of the license cost.

On 2/25/2017 at 4:44 PM, KotZ said:

Captain Emile Perreault of The Athena

I apologize for not being done sooner.  But your account is now active in BoBS. :thumbup:
I have you joining in February. Your build submittal is now shown in February and you received yield for your property this month. 

21 minutes ago, Phred said:

I apologize for not being done sooner.  But your account is now active in BoBS. :thumbup:
I have you joining in February. Your build submittal is now shown in February and you received yield for your property this month. 

No worries, we're all busy. Thanks!

@Phred Also, my sigfig is now Brandon Lantell. The reason I'm telling you this is because the front page still has my old sigfig's name.

26176076400_14ea597a56_o.png

For his continued outstanding services for the Crown of Oleon, especially for his efforts to protect the Empire at sea, I - King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth - hereby dub the honorable Captain De Truguet Knight of the Realm.

From this day on Seigneur De Truguet may present the following crest as his personal coat-of-arms:

33219309196_0892778138_o.png

Granoleon, Mar. 5th. 617AE

31431128750_30f01d4313_o.png

I'm still new at this, and I'm having trouble finding rules. What are the rules for licensing properties in regards to quantity? I heard 3 was the limit, but I'm not sure. And does this affect ship licenses? Or is that a separate amount per month.

Finally, I would like to apologize to the staff for messing up a bunch of forms, and mislicensing a couple of buildings. I didn't realize you couldn't license buildings in the capital, and that your first free building couldn't be a medium. Also, I'm probably short on funds to license a medium building anyway, hopefully my faction can loan me some. :grin: If you would like me to resubmit the forms correctly, please let me know, I don't want to send a second form and confuse you.

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

I'm still new at this, and I'm having trouble finding rules. What are the rules for licensing properties in regards to quantity? I heard 3 was the limit, but I'm not sure. And does this affect ship licenses? Or is that a separate amount per month.

3 land-based properties per month, regardless of size.

Ships do not count towards this limit. There is no limit as to how many ships you can license per month.

If you need a loan just write me a personal message with the amount.

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Finally, I would like to apologize to the staff for messing up a bunch of forms, and mislicensing a couple of buildings. I didn't realize you couldn't license buildings in the capital, and that your first free building couldn't be a medium. Also, I'm probably short on funds to license a medium building anyway, hopefully my faction can loan me some. :grin: If you would like me to resubmit the forms correctly, please let me know, I don't want to send a second form and confuse you.

It's a lot to take in at the start, and although I'm not staff, I'm sure no one needs you to apologise! A few of us are currently working on a new starter guide, hopefully it should be ready soon (not much help to you though! )

Most of the account keeping for the EGS is automatic and depends on the web forms. You can check your account balance in the spreadsheet which is linked in the first post in the account summary thread. (Although I note that you are not yet on the summary). I think that @Phred and @Captain Genaro are the gurus with the accounts and they can fix up any issues if you bring them up in that thread.

All the property rules are laid down in the By Land - Properties in the EGS. Basically, as Elostirion says, you can license up to three properties per month in any location. Your first free property must be a small property, and all properties can only be licensed in settlements in the New World.

You can check all the properties licensed in your name at any time using the Property License Entry List. Although I don't think this will work until the guys have fixed up your account.

Ship licensing rules are laid down in By Sea - Ships and the Monthly Raiding and Commerce Action in the EGS. The Bad Blood is eligiable for your first free lisence, as you can claim any Class 1 or 2 vessel, and she is a 2WR. As SilentWolf mentioned in the other thread, you would probably be better off joining a convoy for your first MRCA run. Specifically the Corrish 'Quick Wing' convoy is the one for smaller vessels. We have asked that you be added to the private thread, but if no one adds you in time for the next run we will make sure Bad Blood sails (if that is what you want!).

Lastly, once your accounts are up and running, let me know and I will gift you 100DB to get started (Most of us Corries are filthy rich, think of it as a reward for joining the best faction!).

Anyway, keep the questions coming, plenty of us from all factions will be more than happy to help you out! Enjoy!

I'm looking to rejoin Oleon after having been inactive for some time. Can someone tell me briefly of what's been going on since I last left? Also, I'm planning to build for the settlements. What settlements need properties?

32 minutes ago, LegoEomer said:

I'm looking to rejoin Oleon after having been inactive for some time. Can someone tell me briefly of what's been going on since I last left? Also, I'm planning to build for the settlements. What settlements need properties?

Several contests have taken place, and Challenge V is ongoing. I'm guessing some new islands and settlements have been found and developed if you've been gone for more than 4 months or so. You can check the Account Listing to see the current state of your finances. And check your PMs to see what's happening in Oleon (you can also find out about our settlements' needs and goals there).

On 3/8/2017 at 6:33 AM, LegoEomer said:

We have also conquered all Corrington but their capital city and we are slowly munching on those Greenies, calling themselves Eslandolans. Oh, and those Sea Rats? Those are our best buddies! So basically... same ol same ol :grin:

31 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

We have also conquered all Corrington but their capital city and we are slowly munching on those Greenies, calling themselves Eslandolans. Oh, and those Sea Rats? Those are our best buddies!

Don't forget that we're also heavily funding the Marderian war efforts with cash, troops and ships - because green is better split up in yellow and blue :grin:

3 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Don't forget that we're also heavily funding the Marderian war efforts with cash, troops and ships - because green is better split up in yellow and blue :grin:

Ah, my bad, my bad! :tongue:

58 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Funding the self-proclaimed BOBS superpower? ... That might come back to haunt you... :pir-wink: