Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

18 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

It might end up being pronounced more like metal than medal though... :pir_tong2:

Must be the local accent.

8 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

Aren't you afraid that I could do so and end up having another one or two ships more?

Go ahead, make my day.:bonaparte:

17 hours ago, Elostirion said:

What a fantastic initiative, so fitting for your nation. I love it!

Glad you like it :blush:

17 hours ago, Bregir said:

Couldn't agree more. Now on to figure out how to earn some of those medals! :pir-tongue:

Strange that it's the foreigners that seem most interested in this initiative...

Must be the inner Blue you taking over :grin:

Medals for you... hmm... although not impossible, it'd require contributions of highest value, and exceptional service for His Majesty :wink:

Just now, Kolonialbeamter said:

Medals for you... hmm... although not impossible, it'd require contributions of highest value, and exceptional service for His Majesty :wink:

So I need to WORK for it! :pir-oh: Count me out, then! :pir-wink:

26174878650_151f815674_o.png

The High Council is proud to announce the establishment of Oleon's Royal New Terra Company, initiated by the Duke of Vele, Pierre Lavalette Genaro.

All loyal subjects of the realm are encouraged to invest in the RNTC, so that the company may flourish, and bring prosperity to its shareholders and the Empire!

Vive le Roi!

For the High Council,

Guiscard Emery de Beauregard, Duc de Corban et Secrétaire d'État de la Marine.

Granoleon, Dec. 17th, 616AE

30756418334_4dffbf0ea9_o.png

After a lot of time in make-up, tons of preparation, weeks of waiting for the arrival of those shiny new walking canes, and the usual bickering about who has to stand by that moldy wall, the members of the High Council have finally been in for their portrait session, and the royal painter BR - no, sorry, not BoB Ross... but BD, yes Blackdeathgr - has created masterpieces that will be presented on the walls of Oleon's Hall of Honor... or - if their policies don't please His Majesty - decorate the walls of the Royal Loo.

Anyways, here's a group picture painting:

31327662170_eb00d4ac2c_o.jpg

Individual portraits can be admired in this intro thread's first post.

A big thank you @blackdeathgr for doing this :blush:

1 minute ago, Jacob Nion said:

Weird to see someone smiling on a painting. Is that even allowed?

Yes, It is the smile he will have when we fetch you chained in front of him, you pesky Rat! Muhahahahahaha!!!

2 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Another fantastic creation, Oleon is really leading in this aspect. Great work, you guys!

Thanks for the appreciation :blush:

46 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

Weird to see someone smiling on a painting. Is that even allowed?

Could also be just an allergic reaction to the mold slowly attaching to his cape :grin:

21 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Another fantastic creation, Oleon is really leading in this aspect. Great work, you guys!

These silly oleanders never take something serious :wink: 

Great job BD!

26176076400_14ea597a56_o.png

His Majesty would like to express His delight to see the efforts of His loyal subjects in transforming Breshaun into a pulsating center of Oleander lifestyle paying off.

It fills His Majesty's heart with pride to announce to the world that today Breshaun on the island of Le Bellan will be granted the status of a City.

May the City of Light shine like the cultural beacon it is for all future, may it tell the tales of Oleander grandeur to the world, and may it prosper for the sake of the Empire!

Granoleon, Dec. 22nd. 616AE

31431128750_30f01d4313_o.png

Hurray! How richer Oleon is, how more money we can make off them! Hurray!

To the Kingdom for Oleon,

Her Royal Majesty congratulates King Philip I with being the first to add such a colonial jewel to his crown and wishes that this will only be the first in a series of successful settlements in New Terra, be they independent, Olean, Eslandian, or Corlander. May the riches of the new world bring wealth, knowledge and prosperity to all.

Sincerely

Don Isaac Montoya

On 12/18/2016 at 2:25 PM, Elostirion said:

On 12/19/2016 at 0:17 PM, TitusV said:

These silly oleanders never take something serious :wink: 

Great job BD!

Thanks guys! I entered BoBS with a similar painting one year ago and I did this to commemorate that time of the year. One year later and I am thoroughly enjoying my presence here as well as making new friends and definitely improving my building techniques (sadly not my photographing skills too)! But of course D'Offren didn't painted it himself rather than commissioned it to the great painter Savelli. Who knows, one day we can actually make a mini-contest out of these portrait madness :tongue:

For now let's all ravel at Breshaun's city status! C'est magnifique!

Since I introduced my sigfig, I've been inactive for three months or more, so I'm looking for a fresh start and am going to introduce a new sigfig. Hopefully I'm allowed to do this. I hope to get involved in BoBS, though it seems much more complicated that GoH.

32045991456_7bbb080740.jpgBrandon Lantell by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

Brandon Lantell is the second son of the Lord of Ladros, a port city in the northeastern part of Oleon. Originally an independent city-state, Ladros joined with Oleon in 115AE after a marriage alliance with the Oleander royal family. For nearly 500 years, Ladros, through connections with Granoleon, Ladros has grown, and become almost second to Granoleon. Brandon was a war hero from the Juniper War. In his youth, he led a small Oleander force as a decoy to hold off the much larger Corrington force until reinforcements arrived. He had also spent three years in New Terra fighting pirates before returning to Ladros. 

For many years now, Brandon has lived in the port city of Ladros, serving as an adviser to his father. The city has prospered and is powerful, with much influence in the Oleander court. With the rise of exploration and trade in New Terra, Brandon sees the opportunity to open up another source of income for Ladros, by making deals with the powerful trade companies. Perhaps even found a new colony to firmly plant Ladrosian influence in the New World and to provide income for Ladros. With support from many government members of Oleon, Brandon prepares to embark on an expedition to New Terra. 

Edited by Brandon Stark

Happy New Year Brandon and nice to have you back with us. A strong background story you have there. i like it. Regarding BoBS complexity, to (over)simplify it for you, it all boils down to: build land based buildings -> register them -> automatically earn money each month, build ships (if you like) -> register them -> let KB :tongue: handle all the paperwork to earn you money per month but above all, build whatever inspires you at the moment (they still count as free builds like GoH). When you have grasped the absolutely basic rules, then if you like, you can start micromanaging your builds, i.e. build some specific types of buildings that generate more gold than others or build something our nation needs to levelup a settlement etc etc. Then the occasionally Challenges come and so on (but I believe you are already familiar with them at GoH).

But for now I would insist that you start building whatever you like/had in your mind upon joining BoBS. Once again, Happy staying and once again, you chose the right faction to begin with! :pir-devil:

Hi Brandon. Even though I'm in the Eslandola faction, I wanted to pop in here and say that blackdeathgr's simplified explanation of BoBS is excellent and is good advice!

Also, you've got a good backstory, and I love seeing those lightly modified CMF musketeers with the hats replaced with morion helmets. :wub: But maybe that's just the Eslandolan in me. :pir-grin:

26176076400_14ea597a56_o.png

For his continued outstanding services for the Crown of Oleon, I - King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth - hereby dub the honorable Hugo d'Offren Knight of the Realm.

From this day on Seigneur Hugo d'Offren may present the following crest as his personal coat-of-arms:

32021198321_7732a7af24_o.png

Granoleon, Jan. 6th. 617AE

31431128750_30f01d4313_o.png

On behalf of the d'Offren family, I, Hugo d'Offren graciously accepts that honor and I swear that my family will act to the best interest of Oleon and its overseas territories.

31990978132_f57c8059f7_t.jpg

Hugo d' Offren

Congratulations bd! Cool sigil, but isn't it more suited to a Sea Rat? :wink: 

Welcome to BoBs, and to our glorious nation Brandon Stark! Dont worry, im pretty much inactive as well but looking forward to change all that as well. 

And also! BD congratulations for the title!

Edit: It seems I need a new keyboard....

Edited by Captain Becker

Welcome to Oleon Brandon Stark!
Congratulations Hugo d'Offren, you deserve it!

3 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

On behalf of the d'Offren family, I, Hugo d'Offren graciously accepts that honor and I swear that my family will act to the best interest of Oleon and its overseas territories.

31990978132_f57c8059f7_t.jpg

Hugo d' Offren

Congratulations, well deserved to one of the most active and continuous members of BoBS!