Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

I would like to call all mayor's who have not yet posted for their city to do so in the thread!

Oleon's two other settlements don't have mayors yet, so updated the post.

Oleon's two other settlements don't have mayors yet, so updated the post.

Thank you!

I'm now at BML, but I'll update as soon as I'm home

A slightly delayed speech on behalf of the "Motherland and her gracious King and counsels".

Fellow Oleanders!

With the recent post of the new islands list, we would like to congratulate you all, even with a small delay due to summer vacation etc, on our great victory at the third grand Challenge III. Even though only one of our grand builders (yes, i am talking to you all) reached top 3, our ever-present quality builds, brought us to the first place regarding faction points. It is at this time that we must focus on the circulated rumors and vague descriptions of the newly discovered islands and have a (big) bite of them. You can read every description carefully and if you find an island or two to your liking, please notify us either here or (preferably) at our private pm conversations. Choosing islands is always a joint task pirate_satisfied.gif

We wish you all a happy playing experience! May your coffers be full of Doubloons and your ships victorious! For King and country!

Me, Monsieur Maximilien du Maximus, as very famous Oleonanderoner, propose island 16 as addition to the very gloryfull Oleon empire!

Vive le moi!

pirate_satisfied.gif

Moi, comme un servant very loyal, have to agree chez monsieur Maximien

I'm certainly not pre-occuppied or so :wink:

Pfff, hijackers!!! pirate_pirate_angry.gif

"Not to worry. We'll show them how the Glorious Kingdom of Oleon deals with Hijackers. Zeus's light shines everywhere, and there's no crack in the earth dark enough where these men might hide from the law."

28809118644_3224df0182_z.jpg

pirate_tong.gif

also, all though this may look like a firing squad, it's actually meant to be a roundup, the soldier's having finally caught the hooligans. The crop is pretty heavy, and as a result the picture looks a lot darker in tone than it aught to. :blush:

~Etienne du Coeurgris

Edited by Dannylonglegs

That is an awesome scene, DannyLongLegs. Though the question that results is: what are you going to do with them now that you have rounded them up?

That is an awesome scene, DannyLongLegs. Though the question that results is: what are you going to do with them now that you have rounded them up?

:devil_laugh:

Tar and feathers to the hijackers!!!

Pfffff...! DLL, kill them and be done with them! pirate_devg1.gifpirate_devg1.gif

Alright, now it's a firing squad. default_devil_laugh.gif

29432986225_ebdeac50d2_z.jpgWe've got 'em by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Once we move them to a more secluded space, I think. pirate_look.gif Oleon is very strict on Hijackers.

~Etienne du Couergris

Edited by Dannylonglegs

David grew up in the Middle Kingdoms. Together with his parents, little brother and two older sisters he lived on a farm. His parents were not from the Middle Kingdoms. They both were born in the Empire of Oleon, hence their Oleonish family name Beau Lune. His parents worked on a farm in Oleon, they didn't have much to come by. Part of the reason was David's father wasn't a believer and people knew and those people did not approve. Because of this his parents often got harassed in the village when they went there for trading. His father even got beaten up once. His parents believed the Order was behind it, but they were not sure. When David's mother got pregnant from his oldest sister his parents decided to move to another land, to live in peace.

After a long journey David's parents found an abandoned farm in the north of the Middle Kingdoms. His father fixed it up with the help of some of the local people. A pregnant woman has its benefits if you are looking for help.

They did not have much, but they were happy. Soon his oldest sister was born, then another sister, then David and then his little brother. David had a fairly normal childhood, even though he had to help on his family's farm at a young age. He learned a lot about working the land and growing crops, taking care of the farm animals and even brewing beer.

One day, at the age of 16, David was was sowing corn seeds, when a coach passed the farm. It was a beautiful white coach with blue and gold accents. The coach stopped before their lawn and the passengers came out. David's father had seen the coach as well and called out to David to go inside, his sisters were running to the house as well and David saw his mother looking through the curtains of the kitchen. She had some kind of fear in her eyes. David, having learned to obey his father at any time, made his way to the house. Just before he entered he looked behind and saw his father talking to the strangers. David moved inside, but suddenly froze... Did he...? He turned around again and looked very careful. Yes, he did. Behind the back wheel of the coach he saw a girl looking at him through the spokes. The girl, about David's age, had long blond hair, was dressed in a blue dress and looked beautiful. She seemed startled he saw her and quickly jumped inside the coach again. David tried to get another glimpse of her as the coach got moving again, but with no luck.

That moment never left David, not only because from that day on they were the Cornage family and Beau Lune was never to be mentioned again, but because of that girl. That girl never left David's head, every day he thought of her. The thought grew bigger and bigger until at one night, two years later, David decided to go look for this girl. He knew his father would not approve so he sneaked out in the middle of the night. At least he tried to. His mother was waiting for him when he came down the stairs, of course his mother knew. After saying goodbye to his mother he went on his way. First stop was the inn in the nearby village. There he found the first clue.

29216828020_19a8a245b9.jpg

As David enters Breshaun he feels like luck is on his side, he feels good and vaguely at home. He finally arrived at the town the girl of his dreams is supposed to live. At least according to an innkeeper in New Oleon. Eager to find her he wanders around the port thinking about where to start his search. "Is this the end of my journey?" he wonders out loud.

Edited by Zaael

Welcome to BOBS, Zaael! Even if you did pick that faction with the dangerous order. This is a great introduction of David and I look forward to following his quest of love.

Interesting and well-developed background story, Zaael. I will be looking forward to following David's adventures in the brick seas, and hope that his quest for love does not prove disappointing...

Welcome to BoBS!

Welcome to our glorious faction Zaael! Judging from the great story and photo, we are about to watch good things happening!

Ofc dont pay attention to the blasphemous Corries and the money grabbing greens! Oh, and beware the jungle and its inhabitants! Live Love long and prosper!

Bienvenue! Welcome to BoBS! :grin:

Love the story, and I can't wait to see more! So glad you joined Oleon! Can't wait to see the fruits of your talent!

~Oleander Aristocrat

Captain Tristan Rimbaud

29615312581_eb1c646053_z.jpg

Tristan is a member of the ancient Rimbaud family, part of Oleander aristocracy since the Great War of Separation. Born in a manor house near to the northern coast, when he was twenty years old Tristan entered Royal Army and was garrisoned in Western Oleon, near to the border with Pontilla. There he soon showed his military skills: fighting aganist bandits and plunderers who occasionally crossed the border Tristan soon earned his soldiers' respect and admiration. He continued his military career as naval infantry officer, patroling the routes between Oleon and New Oleon and soon reaching the military rank of captain. After the discovery of the New World Tristan is ready to sail East, for the glory of Oleon and, why not, for his own name.