Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

I am just saying, if Oleon gets 2 class 5HA warships, Eslandola has the right for a free class 5 HA as well, just like the Sea Rats (maybe the latter not anymore as their rules have changed and their class 5HA warships will be out of soon)

Sorry I haven't been on here in a long time. Can someone tell me if Oleon has discovered new islands yet? Links would be nice. Also, am I allowed to create and own a settlement? Thanks.

Sorry I haven't been on here in a long time. Can someone tell me if Oleon has discovered new islands yet? Links would be nice. Also, am I allowed to create and own a settlement? Thanks.

Welcome back, LegoEomer default_classic.gif Please check your PM!

Oleon's islands from this map are #3, #8 and #12.

26174878650_30f5b74404_o.png

The High Council is honored to announce that for his continued support of Oleon's course on the waves, and for his devotion to La Royale, Dukesc is hereby promoted to the rank of Contre-Amiral.

May 22nd, 616AE

Signed,

The Secretary of State of the Navy

This will grant him a more active involvement in Oleon's leadership - and hopefully a +1 in relations with Poseidon :laugh:

Congrats, Dukesc!

Thank you Kolonialbeamter and to the rest of the High Council! It is an honor to receive this promotion!

I look forward to contributing with Oleon's leadership for the success of Oleon and serving them after Poseidon!

edit: I'll discuss it first with the leadership...

Edited by Maxim I

edit: I'll discuss it first with the leadership...

Good call... ;)

28677057310_9f83279edd_z.jpgAvery De La Jambe-Longue by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

The "de la Jambe-Longue" nom used to mean something. Only a year or so ago, the "de la Jambe-Longue" family had been a wealthy land-owning aristocratic family with lands both in Oleon's mainland (Specifically the peninsula that earned them their name, as well as a house just outside the capitol), as well as a few plots and an apartment in Breshaun. They lived a carefree and lavish lifestyle, free of need or consequence... But all that changed when the family's cherished son, made an enemy with the wrong clergymen. Now the Order of the Faith has repossessed the Family's lands, and the "de la Jambe-Longue" name is only muttered under hushed breath; proof that the Faith still holds great power, and that a sinful lifestyle will lead only to ruin.

Daniel de la Jambe Longue, The family's heir, and a famous painter, narrowly avoided capture and execution by the Order of the Faith, fleeing to join a pirate ship.... A ship captained by the infamous "Reynard LeRoublard." And with him went the family's good name, it's wealth, and its future.

This left Avery with precious little. Loyal to the de la Jambe-Longue family, and no stranger to aristocratic excesses himself Avery only evaded the long arm of the Order by enlisting in the navy. Avery now serves under the harsh command of Captain Etienne du Coeurgris, aboard a naval vessel with one singular purpose: To find, and capture, or kill, Captain Reynard LaRoublard, and to slay as many pirates as possible along the way. However, Avery has an ulterior motive: He wants to rescue his relative and restore the family name to its rightful status!

Watch-out Daniel, 'cause the baby-faced, but heroic and dedicated Avery de la Jambe-Longue is going to find you, rescue you from the clutches of Reynard LaRoublard, and make the "de la Jambe-Longue"s great again!

28886438491_1faf567998_z.jpgAvery de la Jambe-Longue and company by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

I'm back! After a long hiatus, and with a "new" character.

Back you ask? Were you ever really here?

pirate_look.gifpirate_blush.gif

I should have been.

This character, as well as the cast aboard the ship was actually what I originally intended to play, but the Sea Rats needed a leader in the beginning, so I changed my affiliation. And then dropped off the face of the earth due to RL issues. But now I'm back. Builds to come!

~Oleander Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Welcome back de La Jambe Longue!

Looking forwards To your builds!

Welcome (back) Avery. I really like that backstory - and it will be interesting to see such a young character in these seas that tend to turn boys into men and men into harsh caricatures of what they once were!

Welcome back Lord de la Jambe Longue !

I wich you to succeed in your endeavour.

Happy to see you back, I will look forward to your builds !

Hi guys, I'm looking to join Oleon, but I have a few questions. Can I found my own colony? Also, can someone explain to me all the basics of Oleon, and BoBs in general?

Edited by Brandon Stark

Hi guys, I'm looking to join Oleon, but I have a few questions. Can I found my own colony? What is New Oleon? Also, can someone explain to me all the basics of Oleon, and BoBs in general?

We would love to have you! I too am a big fan of Game of Thrones. :wink:

As I've just rejoined myself, I understand that the whole game can be a bit confusing at first glance. It's really not too hard.

So, basically the game is a "Role-Building Game" (like Role-playing, but with Lego building in addition! Much more fun!)

The first step is the join the faction by building a character and posting your character here, as well as your character's name, and some background info. Then you get to build stuff!

If you want to participate in the Economic Gaming System, there's a few rules you should know. It just so happens that I've been explaining the game to another member, so here's what I told him about the Economic Game System

EGS (economic gaming system)...

Let's see how simple I can make it. :blush:

The EGS is the economic gaming mechanic for getting money. it works on a monthly basis.

First step:

You build a MoC. This MoC is either a ship or a land based build. These MoCs, if you choose, can earn you in-game money in addition to the money you get for posting them. the money you get for posting them is as follows:

When you post your character, you get 25 DB (Doubloons). The first two Freebuilds (MoCs) you build each month get you 10 DB, the next 2 get you 5 DB and any builds after, that month, will get you 2 DB.

Second step:

In order to get the additional money from the builds, you have to license the mocs. There are links to forms (we use googleforms) that will allow you to fill in information about the moc and by doing so, you enter the moc into the EGS. Licensing (except for your first freebuild, and your first Ship (class 1-2)) costs in-game money. First property and first ship both get a free license

You make money in different ways from land mocs and ships mocs. Land mocs produce a steady set number of money for you monthly. Earnings are lower than possible with a ship, but a lot less risky.Ships will earn you money by going on trading missions (or by predatory action or fishing. You can pick month to month what you'd like your ship to do.)

To go on a trading mission you decide your start and endpoint on a monthly basis (Oleon has a convoy system going, so start with a cutter or a cog) and you get money proportional to how big the settlement you visit is.

Settlements get bigger and more valuable as more mocs are built set in the area.

The ships rules can be viewed here:

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=118542 here is where you'll find a chart showing you size and class types of ships you can build, and their benefits and shortcomings.

For land builds there are quite a few options. You build for one of the types in the charts here: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=118540 and depending on the size of the build, once you license it, it nets you money accordingly on a monthly basis. Oleon gets 20% off on the cost of license, and gets 20% more money from art and culture builds. These include statues, theaters, churches/temples, and could probably include things like Ballrooms, or bath houses if you wanted!

When you build a land bases Free build, you license it, list it in the freebuild recording thread, and in the appropriate settlement. More builds in a settlement means more money earned by traders going there.

You can totally start your own colony. Rules for "Squatter Settlements" can be found here http://www.eurobrick...0

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Can I found my own colony?

Colonial Possessions

If you'd like to establish a settlement, please contact one of the members of the Oleon leadership team. We would like a minimum of one settlement for each island. If you have an idea for a new settlement to establish at one of our new colonial processions, let us know!

The Royal Office of the Colonies would like limit settlements on islands that already have settlements. We feel that a fewer settlements per island is a better strategy militarily and economically than many small ones on all islands. However, if you don't ask to start a settlement, you won't know if you can.

Also, consider working with the established colonies to be how you'd like. Who knows, if there's no mayor, you may be appointed. Mayors are typically appointed for significantly contributing to a settlement or making a generous contribution to the empire.

Of the five current Oleon settlements, three do not have mayors. If you build enough in one of those settlements, you could be appointed. :thumbup:

You can totally start your own colony. Rules for "Squatter Settlements" can be found here http://www.eurobrick...0

I would encourage you to work in current Oleon settlements. There are benefits to being in the empire's good graces. :pir-wink:

Thanks. But what are the other cities that don't have mayors? A few maps and/or links would be very helpful.

Also, considering how Oleon is supposed to be this world's equivalent of France, what is the equivalent of Quebec? I would love to be mayor of that place.

Thanks. But what are the other cities that don't have mayors? A few maps and/or links would be very helpful.

Also, considering how Oleon is supposed to be this world's equivalent of France, what is the equivalent of Quebec? I would love to be mayor of that place.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=118540&hl=land

Here's a link to teh Lands map. We'll be allowed to access the Prio sea pretty soon, as a result of Contest 3. Writeups for each island are in-the-works, but if I recall correctly, we get to pick 3.

Right now much of the new world is tropical or near-tropical. We haven't settled anywhere really north/south which may have a similar climate to Quebec. That may eventually happen, but not in the near future.

That said, the most well-settled and, arguably, Quebec-like city we've got is Breshaun. This would be a great place to start building. It already has a mayor, but you could certainly be a nobleman of some sort until such a time comes as you do become a mayor. :wink:

There are a few settlements that don't have mayors. here's a link to the Settlements page. Looks like it's not 100% updated, but I could be wrong. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123525entry2500351

Here are teh settlements I found we have that do not have mayors:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120742 Eltina. An older holding of ours on the same Island as Breshaun. Sugar plantation, but it could be made to look like a tropical Quebec if you build enough there. :grin:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=133514 Astrapi, another good target. We weer going for a St. Louis feel for it. That would likely work very well with you Quebec aspirations.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=133514 Cecropia

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=133516 Acropolis

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Merci. I will make sure check each of the links, and see which one fits best. If not, I can always wait until somewhere with a more Quebec-like climate is discovered. I have my sigfig ready, but do I post my intro here, or on its own separate topic? I've seen users do both, and wonder which one is preferred.

Best to post your sigfig here and if you have an intro build, post it in its own topic!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

There are a few settlements that don't have mayors. here's a link to the Settlements page. Looks like it's not 100% updated, but I could be wrong. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123525entry2500351

You're right.

I would like to call all mayor's who have not yet posted for their city to do so in the thread!

I will then link them all in the first post.

Thank you!

You're right.

I would like to call all mayor's who have not yet posted for their city to do so in the thread!

I will then link them all in the first post.

Thank you!

Great initiative. I, too, dont know exactly which settlements (of any faction) have mayors...