Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

These are indeed difficult times. But the passing of a King is never an easy affair, especially given the mysterious circumstances of His Majesty's death. Everyone is interpreting would-be 'evidence' in the light of current relationships between our factions. So something that's most likely just been a flask with His Majesty's favorite drink suddenly becomes a 'vial of poison'.

The High Council can only urge everyone to remain calm, and not make hasty assumptions - or worse - rash accusations!

This is a week of mourning for Oleon, to honor His late Majesty. It would be an affront to his heritage to lapse into petty dispute!

The new King will be enthroned soon - and his reign will mean a prosperous and peaceful time for our great nation.

But foreign agents and usurpers be warned: Any interference with the uninterrupted and divine royal line of succession will only result in increased tensions!

A messenger arrives at the Olean court. "I have an urgent letter for the Ki..." The messenger dropped his gaze, and uttered precariously "a letter for the one in charge of... royal affairs, and state matters. Respects from Colonel Oystridge in Bardo". The messenger had done his fair share of errors in his past and although he did not have a bright mind, he had developed a spine reflex for knowing when to bow his head and be as invisible as possible. The whip scars on his back knew for a fact that being a messenger carried certain risks, but everyone has got to make make a living somehow.

The letter carried these words:

"Considering recent discoveries about our shared past, the news of the Kings death could not have been more untimely. I recieved the news with a heavy heart, my soul already burdened by my finds. Half a millenia ago, shortly after An Toli became Eslandolan territory, old sources reveals unhonorable conduct from an Eslandolan Commandante of high stature. We are working diligently on making amends for these old misdoings, and let the truth be known. The White Glove Order does not stand for this. Honor is the truth that lies in your heart. I join you in the sorrow and announce that the city of Bardo will mourn the King this month. I am personally not a man of prayers, but in sad times everyone needs consolation. Our newly restored church will be open for anyone that want to pay their respect to the late King, and we wish Olean practitioners, as those of all faiths, welcome to use the premises as they see fit. I hope the bloodline will be carried on with consideration for Oleon traditions, as well as having room for Eslandolan values.

Vive Le Roi, dans l'éternité,

Colonel Oystridge,

Major of Bardo"

Edited by Sir Stig

or a war of Eslandolan succession... Is cousin Fernando a claimant???

I think so too, the Kings port advertiser stated as much...

Shouldn't it be a war Oleander succesion?

King Fernando Augusto has now officially declared himself a claimant to the Oleander Throne!

Tststs... let's see how diplomatic we are going to be with you petty warmongers default_sadnew.gif

An official answer of Oleon's rightful heir to the throne is in preparation bonaparte.gif

Vive le Roi!

After a rather short and bored debate in the Royal Family, the High Council was asked to handle this absurd charade, leaving the Royal Family to mourn our beloved late Monarch.

And the members of the High Council gave the matter the attention it deserved.

As a response the undersecretary for public waste management was tasked to deliver the following statement to the ambassador of King Fernando:

Sounding the bells of conflict instead those of loving understanding in a time of national mourning it is a very uncivilized thing to do. We do understand His Majesty's desire to distract from inner quarrels in the much distressed Kingdom of Eslandola. We are very sorry for the current state of the His Majesty's Kingdom. Rest assured that His Majesty's relatives in the Royal Oleon Family will always stand by His Majesty's side, should His Majesty's authority be challenged by inner or outer usurpers.

But before trying to find a new throne to ascend to, His Majesty might first manage to keep His own house in proper order.

We are looking forward to meet His Majesty, the lawful and legitimate King of the noble nation of Eslandola, as a most welcome guest of honor at the enthronement festivities in the great city of Granoleon soon.

With the highest respect, and in all familial amity,

Your concerned relatives.

Vive le Roi!

Don't go Fernando! I smell a festival with little people reenacting the Juniper War and poisoned drink!

Royal Family

What royal family are you talking about? Who's there besides COUSIN Fernando? Anyway, a royal family will only be accepted by Eslandola if moced in real bricks!

Don't go Fernando! I smell a festival with little people reenacting the Juniper War and poisoned drink!

His Majesty sure knows what to make of the words from gentlemen of Belson's elite default_sadnew.gif

After all, if anyone is familiar with the use of poison... well, but that's - of course - only rumors...

We wonder, however, why eslandian trading companies supply the royal court in Belson with all their desired commodities... But relations between them and the corrish royals are surely only business related, and must be beyond all political scope default_sadnew.gif

À Votre santé!

To the royal house of Oleon

As word travels slowly to the colonies, I would like to offer my condolences to the family and kingdom.

While historically our nations have not always been on the best of terms, the loss of a monarch is always a moment of common grievings.

Even though this might sound not as much, as the mayor of Quinnsville I would like to reach out a hand of faith and trust,

By offering the faith and descendants of the monarch a small plot on my grounds,

To erect a small shrine dedicated to the late king, and allow passage for pilgrimage to this jewel of the seas.

Yours in mourning

Sir Thomas Smaugton,

Mayor of Quinnsville

Thanks Tomsche, that is very generous and fitting for your stature.

Mini-moc showing this small shrine is under way :-)

Just a quick question: I have noticed that the MRCA run´s are run by Espandola and Corrington mainly atm, wich is only or the own nations pretty much, Id like to know if there are some sort of merchant runs for Oleon and Sea Rats as I have seen some sea rats have posted their MRCA results, but Im not sure where they have entered for the runs.

PS Excpet my introduction to be on the way, its taking its sweet time I know but cant really rush it. pirate_blush.gif Im trying my hardest to get my camera back to working but it just refuses to co operate whit me, and life/Work overall. As I do want to get to our glorious Nations member list.

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

No trouble at all. Looking forward to seeing you work with Oleon. :pir-classic:

Cool! Although it does seem rather dangerous with the Margot so nearby! pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_oh.gif

*A letter with the official seal of Corrington arrives by messenger to the court of Oleon*

To the Royal Family and leading council of Oleon

While our great nations have not always seen eye to eye, this is a time to put historical differences aside, and it is with great sorrow in our hearts that we find ourselves informed of the tragic passing of his most exalted Majesty, King Stéphan II, and we approach you now with our most heartfelt condolences.

We trust and hope that the succession will proceed untroubled and shall be looking forward to good relations with the honourable successor.

Our sincerest well-wishes for the new sovereign - May the reign be long and prosperous.

Our condolences on behalf of Crown, Parliament, and People of Corrington

Don Isaac Montoya

In her Majesty's Diplomatic Service

The death of King Stephan is the prelude to the beginning of the legends of Captain Sebeus, the once very promising Oleon admiral who is now a pirate!

All about it can be read here

Oh, also, sorry Oleon we captured a vessel... we didn't know then Captain Sebeus went rogue. We thought Oleon declared us war...

If you want, you can have it back when tensions are over pirate_classic.gif

Greetings everyone. I am throwing my proverbial brick in the ring of BoBS. I realize my eurobrick name may not be one you ever see posting in the Pirate theme area but in RL I happen to know one of your esteemed members, Phred. Phred's pirate MOC's are as cool as the photos make them.

Phred has convinced me to try my MOCing and Lego skills in BoBS and enjoy the fun you are all having. This should be a interesting change for me since I am usually making City or Space MOC's, although my very first Lego set was a Pirate set, way back in the early 80's. Today will just focus on a introduction here as I keep reading up on the rules and background information. So with that,

llcNv6Kl.jpg

"Hello, my name is Wilhelm, a resident of the small village of Astrapi. I can't recall how long I've been here. I smuggled myself aboard a small ship transporting Rum. Rum being my favorite drink and likely why I am no longer a ship builder. The captain of that rum boat wasn't pleased when he found much of his cargo missing and me in the corner in a stupor. He tossed me overboard and amazingly I managed to wash ashore in Astrapi. I've been sleeping on the beach, under docks. Stealing fishing poles to eat and Rum to drink. I don't think of myself as a pirate, just a guy who needs to find his way.

I bumped into Phred the Forager, he saw something in me. He cleaned me up, told me stand for something. So I will stand for Oleon, I hope to find work, get back to building boats and maybe captain my own in the future. But first I need to clean myself up."

Welcome Wilhelm - very nice intro! I do hope he sobers up, though! pirate_wink.gif