Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

pirate_oh.gifdefault_huh.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif Why was I totally thinking you were in Corrington? Really? (Maybe because you built like 9/10ths of the Corrington intro builds)

:pir-laugh:

... but seriously, weren't you the co-leader of Corrington? pirate_blush.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

SkaforHire, Capt. Stabbin, and Scarst are co-leaders of Corrington. I do not have time (especially before June this year) to take on a full leadership role. I do hope to help out Sebius I & Yawgmoth when possible. :cry_happy:

So... First post on Eurobricks. Gideon told me about this and I decided to have a go at it.

Welcome to Eurobricks! Great way to start as an EB member, joining Oleon. :thumbup:

A quick question. Are the ports of Oleon currently open for Corlander vessels? (We promise not to wave our flags around too much... :pir-sweet: )

Ports of Corrington are currently open to all nations, so I wonder if this is mutual?

Edited by Sebeus I

Updated my introduction with heraldry, and since I havn't seen it used before here I will the Saulse family uses the following heraldry:

Per pale sable and argent, a falcon displayed countercharged, a bordure azure.

FalconAzure.jpg

(source: Classic-Castle.com)

Of course other builders are still free to use this heraldry as well, but maybe we can claim that there is a blood connection in that case? :classic:

Edited by Gideon

I like the idea, Gideon, and thanks for reminding me that I wanted to do basically the same thing with the 2013 Dragon Knights heraldry for the Dee family.

Edited by Captain Dee

I wanted to use a heraldic sign too but the only two i like (lion and green dragon from 2009 kingdoms) are directly related with our enemies :P

I wanted to use a heraldic sign too but the only two i like (lion and green dragon from 2009 kingdoms) are directly related with our enemies :P

Don't worry about that, the Lion and Dragon are quite universal symbols, Oleon uses them too (mostly the lion).

More important for a sign is the prominent presence of the color blue pirate_wink.gif

A quick question. Are the ports of Oleon currently open for Corlander vessels? (We promise not to wave our flags around too much... :pir-sweet: )

Ports of Corrington are currently open to all nations, so I wonder if this is mutual?

Well, basically the ports of Oleon are open,

Everyone playing by Oleons' laws is free to visit our ports.

But if you're talking about a battleship flying the Corrington colors, crewed by corington military characters...Well, you may stumble upon some obstacles :pir-grin: .

Do we have any map of orleon or orleander cities weather of the old world or of Le Belian with coordinates, where I could "place" my home (claiming property) with coordinates? Whitout I can t register my free property.

Do we have any map of orleon or orleander cities weather of the old world or of Le Belian with coordinates, where I could "place" my home (claiming property) with coordinates? Whitout I can t register my free property.

I think you can't register things in the Old World.

I think you can't register things in the Old World.

Right; free-building in the Old World is permitted but no property can be licensed there.

Are you allowed to have colonies? I was thinking my character was considered a heretic by Oleon's government, so he and other persecuted people put together some money and founded a colony. Is that allowed?

Are you allowed to have colonies? I was thinking my character was considered a heretic by Oleon's government, so he and other persecuted people put together some money and founded a colony. Is that allowed?

Additional islands will be discovered for colonization after the first two challenges if you'd like to join Oleon, Corrington, or Eslandola, or see if you could start another colony with the Sea Rats maybe? It's up to you.

Even in Oleon's own colonies I expect that religious dissidents may take refuge from the more rigid control of the Order in the homeland (and even more in New Oleon in the south where the Order is even stronger?). I also however expect the Order to work hard to establish control of the faith of the settlers in the colonies :wink:

Edited by Gideon

You can establish your own colony, when new islands are unlocked. Either by getting a charter, which means having it endorsed by your faction, or by "squatting", which basicly means claiming the land without permission.

Obviously, the squatting option is very risky, as your government does not necessarily want to support your attempts - and might even want to stop them.

Therefore, for your suggested storyline, I would suggest joining the sea rats and starting from there. It would be perfectly logical for a group of oleanders persecuted by the government to leave the realm and try to set up their existence free from government.

However, as suggested above, it may also be done while still apart of Oleon, although I would think it would be harder to resist the order's attempts to convert you back to the one true faith.

Hope this helps pirate_blush.gif

You can establish your own colony, when new islands are unlocked. Either by getting a charter, which means having it endorsed by your faction, or by "squatting", which basicly means claiming the land without permission.

Obviously, the squatting option is very risky, as your government does not necessarily want to support your attempts - and might even want to stop them.

Therefore, for your suggested storyline, I would suggest joining the sea rats and starting from there. It would be perfectly logical for a group of oleanders persecuted by the government to leave the realm and try to set up their existence free from government.

However, as suggested above, it may also be done while still apart of Oleon, although I would think it would be harder to resist the order's attempts to convert you back to the one true faith.

Completely agree with Bregir on this!

based on your storyline, the perfect faction for you are the Sea Rats. You still can use your blue coats minifigs as your enemies (soldiers hunting your character for example) pirate_classic.gif

Or simply use them for your own soldiers, if they keep the uniforms of their former overlords! pirate_blush.gif

Hello, and welcome to BoBS.

I agree with Bregir Too.

You could, seeing your story, be one of the Sea Rats and start to build in a free new land, found a new Colony on The Nest of Thieves, or build in Bastion (but you will not be able to rule this city...)

But beware of squatting the lands of some other nations !

I don't think it's a good option because your colony could be taken and you could lost it, or in the best way, only lost its control (meaning, loosing Mayorship and paying Taxes !)

Thomas Sauveterre de Acadia

24323051000_2dd5a65671.jpgBoBS_ Signature_Fig (2) by lego eomer, on Flickr

Thomas Sauveterre de Acadia is the third and youngest son of the Lord of Acadia, a province of Oleon. His father was a veteran of the 49 Years War and served on the High Council. Being the youngest, Thomas had almost no chance of inheriting anything, so he had to either join the order or the military. He joined the military, because first, he was not interested in the boring ceremonial lifestyle of an order cleric, and second, he was not that interested in the religion of the Faith. After joining the military, the king of Oleon, looking for new lands, hired him to lead one of the expeditions. So with his new ship, a sloop, he set off, looking for new lands...

I'm just joining, in case I ever get interested. I will mostly spend time on GoH, though I might do a MOC here and there.

Edited by LegoEomer

Welcome to BoBS! (you did choose the wrong empire, but I forgive you :laugh:)

Welcome to BoBS, Thomas/Lego Eomer.

Looking forward to seeing what you will come up with!

Who got my image to work? Whoever did it, I thank you very much. I never got the hang of image posting.

It must have been some Pirate MOD that constantly lurks around here. :innocent:

Welcome to Oleon. You choose the best Empire. :thumbup: