Sebeus I

The Empire of Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion

Nice fig and arsenal there Captain Genaro, welcome to Brethren of the Brick Seas! :pir-sweet:

What an excellent batch of new Oleanders pirate_satisfied.gif .

To pick up on the trading topic,

Every nation is active in trading, that is evident ofcourse, Oleon even has its own export products.

The diference with Eslandola is that trading is not Oleons' main activity,

Oleon's economy is fed primarily through colonization and conquest.

As I wrote in the intro thread I think I will join Oleon as well when I'm back with my bricks :classic:

To pick up on the trading topic,

Every nation is active in trading, that is evident ofcourse, Oleon even has its own export products.

The diference with Eslandola is that trading is not Oleons' main activity,

Oleon's economy is fed primarily through colonization and conquest.

Since Oleon is a major land power, is now at the start of the game the agriculture, mining etc in the "old world" still the most important part of Oleon's economy? But in any case I assume that the room for economic growth in those lands are very limited compared to the opportunities from colonization and conquest :wink:

Welcome to the city of Loraithian. It is located on the island of Lebellan.

Main Street

IMG_1308_zpsum1yppmb.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1315_zps51c7tujj.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1316_zpsspjrwywb.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1317_zps9qygodsy.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1251_zpsie6qlxcr.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1341_zpscznumi8k.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1342_zpsi6u0dkff.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1360_zpswnwunmwg.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1334_zpswl8yrmnt.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Fort Lagoon and Port LeOleon

IMG_1355_zpsfoxo0cxc.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Fort Lagoon

IMG_1333_zpskpskvvab.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Fort Lagoon

IMG_1343_zpsdvb5cp24.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Port LeOleon

IMG_1329_zpsjbh5emld.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1328_zps4s00cekx.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Fort LaImperial

IMG_1327_zpshaifkcou.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1326_zpsrfa36cxh.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1325_zpsidaozfml.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Castle Candar

IMG_1357_zps3ltk3vsl.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1318_zpsespeogtu.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

The Keep

IMG_1319_zpszs2x4tlz.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

General's quarters

IMG_1323_zpsrofws5oc.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Loraithian Clergy

IMG_1331_zpsfmhu46ak.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1330_zpsoyyfyogr.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

The road out of town

IMG_1339_zpsemiii5el.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

City of Loraithian

Important Characters

IMG_1267_zpsbzh2vekw.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Dutchess Marion (left) Duke George (center) Daughter Evangeline (right)

Duke George is the First cousin to the great Oleon King. He is also the youngest cousin, to the much older King. The King gave the City of Loraithian and its surrounding lands to his cousin George to command.

While Duke George is a nice man overall, he is what people would call "spoiled" or "entitled". He never had to earn anything for himself. Being born of royal blood, Duke George tends to be very selfish. As far as he is concerned, the city of Loraithian, it's army and navy, and gold are his. The only person capable of questioning his judgement is the King himself. But the King has yet to travel to Loraithian. So those that find themeselves in front of Duke George will find his rulings as definitive as if he were a King.

IMG_1268_zpsoymlvhyn.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Colonel Sanders (left) General Huxtable (right)

General Huxtable is the commander of the Loraithian army. He commands all land forces. He is a very proud man, and a cunning warrior. He was a Colonel in the Oleon military, but the King granted him the rank of General, and ordered him to move to Loraithian and command it's armies. His residence is located in Castle Candar. Along with the top clergy men, he is the one of few non royals to reside in the castle.

Colonel Sanders is 2nd in command of the Loraithian army. He was promoted to the rank of Colonel by General Huxtable. He also tends to leader of most campaigns. General Huxtable only is seen commanding during major campaigns.

IMG_1270_zps4rrkzavx.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Admiral's daughter Elsa (left) Admiral Ackbarr (right)

Admiral Ackbarr is the commander of the Loraithian Navy. Ackbarr is a respected member of the Oleon Navy. He was one of the top Captains in the Oleon Navy. He was offered the rank of Admiral, by the King, if he moved to the new city of Loraithian.

IMG_1272_zpskqugxev3.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Commander Stryder (left) Captain John Luke Bacard (center) Lt. Commander Bones (right)

See my sig fig entry for info.

IMG_1269_zpsvvnemnze.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Captain John Smith

Captain John Smith is a young hot shot Captain of the Loraithian Navy. He is not nearly as respected as Bacard, and as a result is quite envious of him. In fact, Smith feels that Bacard is his rival. He wishes the "old man" would get out of the way, so he can Captain The Excalibur.

Captain John Smith commands the Loraithian patrol vessel, The Defiant. He also commands both forts located in Loraithian, Fort Lagoon and Fort LaImperial. Smith actually takes up residence in Fort Lagoon.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

Nice town and characters (though it might take me a while to remember all them). I'm looking forward to its evolution over time.

Preist Olivier de Roncevaux

Priest of Poseidon

Middle Aged

On a religious mission to the colonies to spread the word of the Gods and educate the native savages.

Alwyas with him are his two loyal body guards, Pierre and Candide; both are royal guards with extensive training in firearms, and swordsmanship.

Olivier is a quiet, stotic man who does not enjoy getting dirty, however he is a ruthless man that will see the actions of his guards followed through correctly.

24124674152_5164c3b103_o.jpgPriest Olivier de Roncevaux (BoBS Sig-Fig) by Justin, on Flickr

Priest Olivier de Roncevaux (BoBS Sig-Fig)

Edited by Phred
added image to post.

I added the image to your post that was found in the above link. Is this the correct image?

Thanks,

Phred

So... First post on Eurobricks. Gideon told me about this and I decided to have a go at it.

On the left we have my main character, Lan Bashere, and on the right his apprentice Gawyn.

23652032384_157c0df166.jpg

Lan is an engineer, working for mostly in the fields of explosives and demolition, but also have skills in construction. How better know how to bring something down than to know how to bring it up?

Following in his fathers footsteps Lan early began studies of materials and construction. When he was 20 years old he first had to tare down a building. Not knowing what had been stored inside, he began to burn it down. The massive explosion that followed, by the flames eating the old gunpowder storage, his new field of studies was given.

Recently Lan began constructing new cannons for the navy, and also took on the young apprentice Gawyn.

Edit: I realised I should choose a new name, when I saw that it was almost identical to that of our King!

Edited by robinnilsson403

Welcome to the great and powerful kingdom of Oleon, Lan Bashere

Due to the popularity of our wise king his name is quite popular among the citizens.

(But it might for this game indeed be a bit confusing to use the same name pir_laugh2.gif ).

I've finally settled on a sigfig for my character Gideon Saulse de Bothnia

Gideon is the fourth son to le comte de Bothnia (the Count of Bothnia). Bothnia is a rather small but fertile county located in northern Oleon. As Gideon’s hopes of inheriting his father’s lands were slim at best, his career options would traditionally have been either in the military or in the Order. Gideon has however spent many years studying various subjects at a couple of Oleon’s most prominent universities, to his father’s displeasure since he has been forced to pay for Gideon’s rather lavish lifestyle as a student.

The new horizons which are opening up beyond the seas has opened up new opportunities to break with the boring traditions of the family, and Gideon is now setting out for a new life as an explorer and entrepreneur in New Terra.

24196125482_c4b53a2c1c.jpg

24278173126_78535c22d1.jpg

Closeup of my sigfig.

The Saulse family uses the following heraldry:

Per pale sable and argent, a falcon displayed countercharged, a bordure azure.

FalconAzure.jpg

(source: Classic-Castle.com)

More pictures and some secondary characters in my intro thread: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=119655

(I've taken some liberties using titles in French as it seemed to suit the setting, but if the leadership wants to maintain it all in English I can change that.)

I've also put a small photography tutorial there to show one important aspect of forced perspective photos.

Edited by Gideon

Phred the Forager.

100_5342.JPG

Phred grew up in a remote part of Oleon, so much the military technology in the area is still using the same from the last Oleon-Corrington War. The muskets and powder are very unreliable in the area, so cross-bows and other traditional technology is still prominent.

He grew up in an small agrarian farm, where the people are self-sufficient, simple, and very religious. After moving up in prosperity and influence, he became very militant in his religion.

Altough you guys chose the wrong Empire, you do have really cool sigfigs

Nice sig figs and welcome to BoBS! This project is growing by the day! pirate_laugh2.gif

Phred the Forager... grew up in a remote part of Oleon...

pirate_oh.gifdefault_huh.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif Why was I totally thinking you were in Corrington? Really? (Maybe because you built like 9/10ths of the Corrington intro builds)... but seriously, weren't you the co-leader of Corrington? pirate_blush.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

pirate_oh.gifdefault_huh.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif Why was I totally thinking you were in Corrington? Really? (Maybe because you built like 9/10ths of the Corrington intro builds)... but seriously, weren't you the co-leader of Corrington? pirate_blush.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

He saw the light! We have more monkeys, more booze and we slaughter more...ehrm...play more with indjuns! Harharhar!