23804989042_0084208fd7_z.jpg

Myles Bowditch strode down the crowded street of Eslandola's capital, Terreli, the world's largest port as well as its wealthiest city. Eslandola had grown rapidly during the last few years, and its merchants sailed around the far and wide - and the East Trade Wind Company, headquartered in the capital, had grown along with it. Strolling along he spotted the city's traders, merchants, sailors, and nobles, along with a visitor or two from Oleon and Corrington.

23947612585_398d9d2e61_z.jpg

There was that rascally Guy Wyndzon as well, the young leader of the Merchant's Colonial Trading Company. Myles had nothing personally against him, and in fact was rather glad that he had showed up, prompting Sir E. T. Wilkinson de Chauncourtois, the head of the ETWC, to more drastic measures about trading in the newly discovered islands.

23839376202_2c7c28e597_z.jpg

Yes, it was undoubtedly a good thing that Wyndzon had stepped up when he did, for thanks to him Myles Bowditch was setting out as first mate of an ETWC ship to the new islands even sooner than he had hoped for. He was headed out for adventure and discovery, for gold and country! - and the East Trade Wind Company.

A build for Eslandola's introduction thread, thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome!

Nice build Garmadon, I especially like the house off to the left! The up-side-down roof is very clever! :thumbup:

great builds, nice rocks and I always dig a nice clustering of minifigs!

I see we start strongly with these free-builds! Very nice hub of activity and lovely selection of minifigs. As others commented, that left house is really nice. Reminds me of a real merchant house in Prague (who's wife was cheating on him while abroad or something :tongue: )

Edited by blackdeathgr

Thanks all! :pir-sweet:

Nice build Garmadon, I especially like the house off to the left! The up-side-down roof is very clever! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai, I was quite happy with how that one turned out! :pir-wink:

great builds, nice rocks and I always dig a nice clustering of minifigs!

Thanks kabel! So do I! :pir-sweet:

I see we start strongly with these free-builds! Very nice hub of activity and lovely selection of minifigs. As others commented, that left house is really nice. Reminds me of a real merchant house in Prague (who's wife was cheating on him while abroad or something :tongue: )

:pir_laugh2::pir-laugh: Thanks bd, glad you like it! :pir-classic:

Great work!!! I love the jetty and as others mentioned, the houses are really nicely done as well!

The two tone tan building is particularly well done.

Thanks TenorPenny, I really liked how that one turned out! :pir-sweet:

Great work!!! I love the jetty and as others mentioned, the houses are really nicely done as well!

Thanks Maxim! Glad you like it! :pir-classic:

Nice job on rocks. I like how the street is crowded.

Thanks monsinjor!

This is a very good lively seaside scene. The rocks and dock look great, and the buildings (what we can see of them...) are fine as well. I've always liked that upside-down roof technique as a way of using those parts and it works great for this. The wall textures and cobblestone are good as well but what really makes this nice is the realistic crowd of people. Good work.

This is a very good lively seaside scene. The rocks and dock look great, and the buildings (what we can see of them...) are fine as well. I've always liked that upside-down roof technique as a way of using those parts and it works great for this. The wall textures and cobblestone are good as well but what really makes this nice is the realistic crowd of people. Good work.

Thanks a lot Captain Dee! :pir-sweet:

Nice build, lovely rock work

Thanks Puvel! :pir-wink: